Assetto Corsa Competizione Sim Grid Endurance Cup - S2 - Sign Up & Interest Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Not going to lie, didn't expect it to be this difficult to get into split 2... We are on the cusp. It seems realistic that no GTR's will qualify for split 1, which is unfortunate. But we are doing our best to get into split 2.
i think we will make it to split 2 if we skim one or two tenths more on our time but at this moment it is uncertain.

As you said only 1 GTR is currently top 45 for split 1, and just barely, so i think Misano does not favour our car.
It is what it is, i think this quali system is fair, but simply the game isn't. They say BOP in this track is very good, but then, 7 Lambos in the top 20 i don't think is a coincidence.

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
i think we will make it to split 2 if we skim one or two tenths more on our time but at this moment it is uncertain.

As you said only 1 GTR is currently top 45 for split 1, and just barely, so i think Misano does not favour our car.
It is what it is, i think this quali system is fair, but simply the game isn't. They say BOP in this track is very good, but then, 7 Lambos in the top 20 i don't think is a coincidence.
5 x Merc's top 11. :rolleyes:

benimi

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry that much, we'll better than those Lambos and Mercs on other tracks, or just longer runs in general.
I'll do my final 2 sessions tonight, as I'm not available tomorrow. Try to secure our spot in split 3.

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I got better times by going heavy on camber, maybe that works on other cars too

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I smell steam account sharing on that lb

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
We are currently in
I got better times by going heavy on camber, maybe that works on other cars too
I will try that this evening. My average is a 1m34s8xx with the McLaren, but can definitely go a bit faster. We'll do our final runs before the deadline tomorrow and hopefully we can improve more to be back comfortably in split 3. At the moment we are #145, half a second away from #135 at least for last place in split 3.

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
How do you see that?
Not that hard to do that unless server checks ip range and even with that ppl from same country might have similar ip, there are tons of boosting services for many steam games (not speaking of acc at all) where you handle your account to someone to do the "job" for you

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the second everyone ping, but there isnt a role to ping everyone qualifying for the endurance cup so I have to use the everyone tag, apologies.

I know the qualifying server is busy right now as people scramble last minute (for some reason) to do their laps. However, offensive or insulting language is completely and utterly unacceptable.

From this moment on, use of offensive language, insulting language or swearing on the qualifying server will result in the team entry being disqualified. Think about your actions and what you say!

Jeff[NL]

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
yeah the server is full atm .... have to see when i can jump in to do the needed laps .....

T.rev.1

RSR Academy
Reaction score
There are 2 servers up, did a 1:36.5 and got disqualified on last lap by spin off

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Don't see many chances here, #135 time is 34.75 out of range for me especially considering first ferrari are #21 and #22 and are the only ones into split 1 :facepalm:

Last edited:

Jeff[NL]

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
i didnt even do 1 1:35 on the qualy server o_O

FlyAxL

RSR Academy
Reaction score
people are fast, i feel like driving a gt4 against gt3 sometimes

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
the competition levels on this championship is just insane and commitment is really needed to make it work.
We might make it to Split 2 but barely (we are currently P89 and split 2 goes up to P90) and our average is currently 1:34:167.
Tomorrow i should be able to skim just a few tenths as my average is pretty close to my best lap. @kobusnell will try to skim a few tenths and get us to 1:34:0. We shall see...if you dont get split 2, then we will be top dog on split 3 :D

To give you some perspective the lap i initially posted here was a 1:34:3 and the pole position on our Misano race a few months back i think was a 1:34:6, that would make it but 'just' into split 3 (and might not make it as the servers only closing tomorrow evening).

We are also racing on the Nissan GTR which is clearly not favoured on this track. There is none currently for Split 1.
Cars clearly favoured are AMG and Lambo.

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
We slipped down to 97 overnight...

I started with high 35s, and on Sunday something clicked, and I managed some 34.4 to 34.7s. Yesterday I even managed to do 34.0s. Will do some more laps today, see what we can get.

These sim grid events are super competitive. And the organisation is really good. No matter where we qualify, the races should be super competitive as well.

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
#RSR Academy Orange is currently P159, so we won't make it in the end. I have 1 more session left, so will defo use that later today to improve my times and just so I know I gave it all I got :-D. The speed of the McLaren 720 in the end was quite ok: average 1m34s587 my 4th session and I hope I can try to improve it with a couple of tenths. We started with the setup of benimi and improved this a bit during the week.

Although we won't be making it to the SimGrid endurance cup, I'm always interested to represent RSR in ACC endurance races in the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread