Assetto Corsa Competizione Sim Grid World Cup - S1 - Sign Up & Interest Thread (1 Viewer)

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I did 3 5-lap stints in both sessions and in both my first was my fastest. Don’t know if it was me getting tired, the brakes getting worse (my setup has the aggressive pads) or the track getting worse.

Mine was the same, i got the best lap on the first lap.
One thing is that the break pad 4 works better at higher temps so i might close the ducts one click and see if i get better performance.
Also, i haven't checked in moTec but i have a feeling we are locking up at the dowhill hairpin with ABS 2, i'll make some investigation later today.

• Pad 1: Very aggressive friction coefficient, max braking performance, aggressive disc and pad wear. Pedal modulation can be tricky if out of temperature or as it wears down. Use in hotlap and qualifying sessions, sprint races and can withstand 3 hours races. Risky and dangerous to use over 3 or 4 hours because the pads will wear down, overheat and lose linearity in brake pedal feel.
  • Pad 2: Very Good friction coefficient, very good braking performance, good disc and pad wear. Pedal modulation almost always good and linear, good feedback while overheating and gradual wear. Perfect for endurance racing, but can also be used in hotlap , qualifying sessions as well as sprint races as what it loses in performance, regains in braking modulation and predictability. The default choice for long endurance races, easily makes 12 hours and can make 24 hours race too with a bit of care. Will also overheat and lose linearity in brake pedal feel when worn out, but in a more predictable way and after much longer stints. Because of the lower friction, you could possibly use smaller brake ducts.
  • Pad 3: Moderate friction coefficient, braking zones can be longer in dry, very moderate disc and pad wear. Excellent pedal modulation also in cold ambient conditions, very linear pedal feedback. Excellent choice for wet conditions and very long endurance races. Very predictable and easy to modulate brake pad. Because of the lower friction, you should use smaller brake ducts.
  • Pad 4, extreme aggressive fiction coefficient. Max braking performance, extremely aggressive disc and pad wear, bad cold performance. This is a sprint race pad that can last about an hour but will show worse pedal feel, worse performance and overheating towards the end of the one hour stint. Those kinds of pads are not used in endurance racing, but included for demonstration purposes.

Note that the latest patch 1.5.3 made a few changes to the break pads:
Pads 1 now have more probabilities to make it for 3 hours, again your mileage might vary depending on weather temperature, setup, driving style, car and circuit combinations.

Pads 2 now have much more probabilities to go well over 12 hours, I'd say easy 13. Again as above, mileage may vary.

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I did 3 5-lap stints in both sessions and in both my first was my fastest. Don’t know if it was me getting tired, the brakes getting worse (my setup has the aggressive pads) or the track getting worse.
I use always Pad1 for qualy and for up to 90mins races. Cannot feel any braking performance difference and the brake pressure modulation is much better with Pad1 :)
The guys from Coach Dave Academy Setups are also using Pad1 for their Hotlap setups ;)
But I agree, I did my best laps also on flying lap 2 or 3, so rather at the beginning of my 6 lap stints.

@drukqs at the downhill hairpain you pretty much always lock up, doesn't matter which ABS setting you use. The inside wheel is so much lifted that the ABS can't adjust the brake pressure that much to prevent locking up. I tried the Porsche even with ABS 6 and still locked up. You need to do the ABS with your left foot there, you know the oldschool way :p:cool:

Last edited:

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I always used Pad 1 too, but since Puffy changed to 4 on the setup i gave it a try.

It's just the changes Puffy did to the setup the car felt very good everywhere, except the hairpin, maybe it's just an audi thing or maybe because he increased the rake angle the car is heavily raked on that breaking zone and just does't feel very good.

I do left foot breaking so yeah, all good with that :).

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
1.5 Hours to go. We’re P18 but only 1.5 tenth from the cut off. Absolutely ridiculous how close this whole thing is. 40 teams within
not much more than a second.

Pierre CREUSEVAULT

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Quali over, i knew people were fast but i didn't expect them to be that fast. 1:59 is something beyond crazy in Bathurst. Apologies to @hinesy32 @Ricardo Macieira and @frankodrose for not being fast enough, but we tried and that's something I won't regret. Colin you did a superb job with your setup and your times, If it wasn't for us you would probably have been qualified. Next stop will probably be the 12h of Suzuka in the GT4s, gotta train a lot before the quali opens ;)

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hey man, no apologies necessary here at all! It was a really tough ask being put up against the best out there. I wish I’d put more time in, I think I could have got another half second off my time. Different matter doing it lap after lap though. Bathurst is one of the hardest circuits in the game, maybe the hardest actually. Really have to concentrate for 90% of the lap.

Good luck to the other RSR drivers. Do we have 2 teams in?

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I am quite proud of the RSR Green team. I can tell i was talking in private with @Ricardo Macieira really pushing for him to gather a team and try qualifying. Trying in failing (in this case not qualifying) is much better than don't even try because it's a mammoth task.

I'm glad you guys kept the motivation to pull laps despite the odds: that proves resillience and motiviation which are two very important aspects to become a better racer. Despite not qualyfing i'm sure all of you guys improved your racing skills!

With regards to other RSR teams, and pending results homolgation, i can see RSR Blue qualified in P6, so they will be a contender i'm sure!
My team, RSR Red, we are in P20, so right in the middle: quite happy with the efforts we have pulled!

This was a very, very competitive qualifying session: i mean, P1 to P40 are 1.1sec apart.
The cuttoff was 2:00:842 which is in itself a really good lap time (for a non-alien driver).

Looking forward to the championship!

frankodrose

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I don't know if I should be disappointed or not in my average being so low on the table. But I'm proud of myself by how much I improved.
Congratz to RSR Blue and RSR Red for qualifying and best of luck in the championship I will be watching the races and cheering you up :)

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I don't know if I should be disappointed or not in my average being so low on the table. But I'm proud of myself by how much I improved.
Congratz to RSR Blue and RSR Red for qualifying and best of luck in the championship I will be watching the races and cheering you up :)

You definitely shouldn’t be disappointed. When I first did laps at Bathurst ( actually in the AMV8) I was getting 2:06-2:08 lap times. After many laps and getting familiar with that car I can now get into the 2:02s fairly well. Still a couple of seconds off aliens, but a huge improvement for me. Just goes to show what practice and learning setups does.

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
What I learned from this is there are some super humans within our midsts. @drukqs and @Puffpirat carried us hard. Don't get how they could do the times they did. My average was 0.4s slower than the cutoff time, which in this qualifying is an eternity.

Congrats to team Blue. You make it look eazy.

This is an unbelievably competitive event. Had to do 149 valid laps, sending @drukqs telemetry data, trying everything just not to let the team down.

I think even if we didn't qualify I would have enjoyed it. Learning and improving, and staring in total awe at what others can achieve. Crazy event.

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
This is an unbelievably competitive event. Had to do 149 valid laps, sending @drukqs telemetry data, trying everything just not to let the team down.

Slow in, Fast out!

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I was little bit concerned a beginning that Team Blue can make the cut, but boy, what an effort, really proud of an overall P6. Everybody had great pace, some really worthy practice and Motec sessions of which everybody benefited. Special thanks to @JetPistol aka Michael Mros who finished the qualy in driver standings P6 with an incredible 1.59.8 average :eek:

Really looking forward to this series, practice starts today :cool:

Btw if anyone of Team Green is interested, you could send me your Aston setup and I do some reference laps when I find some spare time and send you the Motec data back so that you can check the differences :)

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Btw if anyone of Team Green is interested, you could send me your Aston setup and I do some reference laps when I find some spare time and send you the Motec data back so that you can check the differences :)

Hey @Exited ited really nice offer. I will send you my setup. Would be great to get your thoughts. No doubt it will be awful :p

Also, I was sure I did a lot more than 24 valid laps. I did 4 stints, but only remember getting maybe 3/4 invalid laps. Not sure it would have made any difference in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread