Assetto Corsa Competizione Sim Grid World Cup - S1 - Sign Up & Interest Thread (1 Viewer)

Assetto Corsa

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
logo-simgrid-aa7454a8a5cc41ae11829c72cab7115ddf5c12b5a3f09491c32a53efb02e4349.png
Hello @Members! If you're interested in Team Racing in Assetto Corsa Competitizione, this external championship may be for you!

Some key points:
  • 4 Round championship:
    • 10h of Suzuka - Saturday, 22nd August 2020
    • 12h of Bathurst - Saturday, 26th September 2020
    • 24h of Spa (duration TBC) - Saturday, 31st October 2020
    • 9h of Kyalami - Saturday, 28th November 2020
  • Teams of 3 or 4 per race, drivers can be swapped in and out over the season.
    1596100414199.png
    1596100424766.png
  • 40 team slots, with pre-season time trial for all drivers to secure team entry (deadline 22:00 CEST Saturday 8th August, see 'Sign Up Process' in spoiler below).
  • GT3 class, with car changing after pre-season time trial unallowed.
  • No entry fee.
  • Live stewarding and broadcast (assumed).
OVERVIEW
The Sim Grid World Cup is a 4 round series of long endurance rounds. The series features the 9h of Kyalami, 10h of Suzuka, 12h of Bathurst and *24h of Spa*. This series will really test drivers and their team in their ability to stay out of trouble and be consistent.

Please note that Spa race length is to be confirmed.

Minimum team size is 3. Maximum team size is 4.

To participate in The Sim Grid World Cup, each team will need to go through a qualification phase, and only the top 40 teams will secure a slot in the championship.

When you register, each team will be placed in Reserve class (this is purely to make life easier for the admins once the qualification phase has been completed).

Once you have registered your team, all drivers of the team will need to start setting lap times on the qualification server:
Server Name - The Sim Grid | World Cup Qualification
Server P/W - simgridWC
Track - Bathurst
Conditions - Static dry conditions, 30c track temperature

Server will close at 22:00 CEST on Saturday 8th August.

Qualification standings will be linked here on Thursday 30th July.

To get a measure of consistent lap times, all drivers are required to set a minimum 10 valid, timed laps in a single session. The session is not counted if the driver does less than 10 valid, timed laps. There is no limit to the number of sessions a driver can do.

We will then use the 10 fastest lap times (from all sessions) set by a driver to get an average lap time. Therefore the more complete sessions you do, the better your average lap time can be!

Using these average lap times from the drivers we will get a `qualification time` which is an average of the top 2 driver times combined and a `team time` which is an average of all the team drivers combined.

The `qualification time` is used to decide which teams secure a slot in the World Cup. The top 40 teams secure a slot on the grid and all other teams will be `Reserve`. We will then use the `team time` to decide the team class in the series (PRO, PRO-AM etc).

EVENT TIMETABLE
SUZUKA / BATHURST -
Practice 1 - 11:30 CEST
Drivers Briefing - 11:45 CEST
Qualifying - 12:00 CEST
Practice 2 - 12:30 CEST
Race Start - 13:00 CEST

SPA / KYALAMI -
Practice 1 - 11:30 CET
Drivers Briefing - 11:45 CET
Qualifying - 12:00 CET
Practice 2 - 12:30 CET
Race Start - 13:00 CET

NOTE - Practice 1 and Qualifying sessions are only for the driver doing the qualifying (this can be any driver in the team). No other driver should connect to the server unless you do so by using the spectator password.

NOTE - Practice 2 is for each driver to connect. Make sure that Driver 1 (the starting driver) is fully connected and driving the car before any team mate attempts to connect to the server to avoid `driver offline` errors as these can only be resolved by a full server restart.

PIT STOPS AND STINT TIMERS
As per the real life rules, drivers are limited to a stint timer of 65minutes. This stint timer is reset upon leaving the pit lane (although not if you're serving a drive through penalty). Drivers can make their pit stops whenever they like within that 65minute stint timer, however your team will receive a penalty if you exceed the stint timer.

Drivers are also bound to a maximum driving time. These times vary depending on the race duration and they will be shown to you on the HUD and the MFD. You will receive a penalty if you exceed the maximum driver time. You will also receive a penalty if each driver does not drive a stint.

RACE TYRE SETS
Suzuka 10h will have 7 tyre sets available for the race
Bathurst 12h will have 9 tyre sets available for the race
Spa 24h will have 18 tyre sets available for the race
Kyalami 9h will have 6 tyre sets available for the race

RULES
DRIVING TIME
Stint Timer - 65 minutes (this applies to all rounds)

Maximum Driving Time (Suzuka 10h & Bathurst 12h)
3 Drivers = 347 minutes (5 stints)
4 Drivers = 260 minutes (4 stints)

Maximum Driving Time (Spa 24h)
3 Drivers = 693 minutes (10 stints)
4 Drivers = 520 minutes (8 stints)

Maximum Driving Time (Kyalami 9h)
3 Drivers = 260 minutes (4 stints)
4 Drivers = 195 minutes (3 stints)

CAR SELECTION
Your car selection is made when you register your team. You are free to change your car choice any time before the qualification server closes, however all drivers must set the required number of laps in the selected car. If all team drivers have not done the required number of laps, then the qualification is not valid and your team will not qualify for a slot in the championship.

CUSTOM LIVERIES
The use of custom liveries made outside of the game is not permitted in this endurance series. Only liveries included in the game or made using the in-game livery editor may be used.

WITHDRAW AND RESERVES
If your team is unavailable to attend a round in the championship, then you can use the withdraw function. This is found by clicking on the `Races` tab, and then `Admin` on the round you need to withdraw from. There you will find the withdraw button. Please check the info tab to see how many withdrawals are permitted.

If your team has withdrawn from a race, but plans change and you wish to attend the race after all, please contact a member of League and Event staff as the slot may have been filled by a Reserve team already.

If you are a reserve team, you can see if teams have withdrawn from a round on the sign-out-channel on discord, and the `Admin` tab on each round. If you see a team has withdrawn and you wish to take their place, please contact a member of League and Event staff.

For the full rule set, please click here

With the time trial deadline 10 days away, we need to get some teams sorted in the next few days. So I'm going to set a deadline for you to say if you're 100% in by 20:00 UTC on Friday (1st August), then over the weekend we can decide who is in what team.

Registered Teams
RevolutionSimRacing Blue - Mercedes AMG GT3 - @Exited @Jeff[NL] @Morvic @JetPistol
RevolutionSimRacing Red - Audi R8 LMS Evo - @Battenberg @drukqs @Puffpirat* @kobusnell*
RevolutionSimRacing Green - @Ricardo Macieira @hinesy32 @Pierre CREUSEVAULT @frankodrose

*Part Time - Puff likely to miss R1, Kobus likely to miss R3 & 4 (congrats on the baby btw!)

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Potentially.... If I can be put into a 'lesser' team.

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Issue is that everyone in the team must qualify, and odds are it will be quite competitive, if I understand correctly. This is very tempting, but unrealistic for my skill set I assume.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Tom

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I feel the same, but might be worth a go to try and squeak in at the bottom?
Post automatically merged:

Also, teams will inevitibly drop out, so tho be a high placed reserve could be easily promoted.

I should also say, I imagine RCI will make moves to re-do the RLM team endurance championship soon. They have a 6hr race this weekend (I'm in it! :D), I imagine as a sort of trial. If anyone else comes across any other team racing events or championships let us know!

(4th post in a row) Some news already: Top 3 drivers from each team will be used, and a single event announced tomorrow. Watch this space...

1595967782847.png

Last edited:

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It's something i've already mentioned in Private to Battenberg.

I am absolutely keen on participating as i dearly miss endurance racing, since i left iRacing.

I should be available to participate in all races and my general pace in ACC is known in the community, so i would be ideal for a team with similar pace drivers.
Happy to drive any car, altough preference on the Nissan, eheh :).

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Would of been intrested but i dont have the dlc lol does no one use base content anymore.

Pierre CREUSEVAULT

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I would be interested but i won't be ready to race at this level by August. Does anyone know if we can participate in just one of these race ? I would really like to try the 24H of SPA and the fact it happens in October leaves me plenty of time to train myself ! :D

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I would be interested but i won't be ready to race at this level by August. Does anyone know if we can participate in just one of these race ? I would really like to try the 24H of SPA and the fact it happens in October leaves me plenty of time to train myself ! :D

No, it doesn't look that way with this championship. If anyone sees somewhere else running single endurance races please share!
---
@BlancpainChallenge3 With the time trial deadline 10 days away, we need to get some teams sorted in the next few days. So I'm going to set a deadline for you to say if you're 100% in by 20:00 UTC on Friday (1st August), then over the weekend we can decide who is in what team.

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
they need to increase the grid to 100 :D

Pierre CREUSEVAULT

RSR Academy
Reaction score
No, it doesn't look that way with this championship. If anyone sees somewhere else running single endurance races please share!
---
@BlancpainChallenge3 With the time trial deadline 10 days away, we need to get some teams sorted in the next few days. So I'm going to set a deadline for you to say if you're 100% in by 20:00 UTC on Friday (1st August), then over the weekend we can decide who is in what team.
August is too early for me, i feel like i have to skip this one. I'll make sure to be prepared for the next one ! :)

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Cmon guys RSR is such a big community and we only get a few interested in a championship of this scale?
Stop making excuses center, right and left and let's get things going!

Even if we can't get teams to qualify at least we try :). Maybe they will increase the number of slots or get a second tier, who knows :).

FlyAxL

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I would have enjoyed but i cannot commit to this championship I ll be in middle of a service transition for my work and also my wifw wouldn't approve :rolleyes:
not to say that im also probably too slow and that i dont want to ruin my team race by binning the car :jimlad:

Pierre CREUSEVAULT

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I have the time to do the race but i don't want to be a burden for you guys at the same time.. If you need another driver, i'm in, i've been looking to start endurance racing for a bit of time now and that experience would be great, but don't expect me to do the best laps ever ! It's up to you guys @Battenberg @drukqs @Ricardo Macieira ! :)

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
I have the time to do the race but i don't want to be a burden for you guys at the same time.. If you need another driver, i'm in, i've been looking to start endurance racing for a bit of time now and that experience would be great, but don't expect me to do the best laps ever ! It's up to you guys @Battenberg @drukqs @Ricardo Macieira ! :)
Just do it :p

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So can I just confirm, do we all just go on to the server individually and set a time? Or do we need to be registered as a team beforehand?

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
1596099744467.png

We don't need to finalise the team to set our times, but it needs to be in the same car that we would use for the championship. We can all decide which car we want to run once we know who is in.

They are expected to publish a live leaderboard of their time trial sometime today, so we'll soon know what we're up against :eek:

frankodrose

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Do you guys still need another driver? I'm not fast but I love endurance races so if I could join it would be awesome :D

Users who are viewing this thread