Assetto Corsa Competizione Sim Grid World Cup - S1 - Sign Up & Interest Thread (1 Viewer)

Pierre CREUSEVAULT

RSR Academy
Reaction score
So what do i have to do ? Do i have to register somewhere ? Do i just have to set a time to be registered ?

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
After Friday we’ll see who is interested on here, then we’ll sort out the team/s and go from there.

Since we can swap drivers race to race, we have the option for ‘part time’ drivers too. In theory we can also pick and choose who does the time trial, if we end up with just 1 extra team (not including blue) with a few part timers/reserves.

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
So what do i have to do ? Do i have to register somewhere ? Do i just have to set a time to be registered ?
meanwhile you can register here, it will be needed later at team creation
Post automatically merged:

The standings for qualifying for The Sim Grid World Cup are now available to view - https://www.thesimgrid.com/championships/59

In summary, 83 teams need to get lapping and do it soon! thinking 9 days to go!

Last edited:

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Time trial standings are now live, but its all in milliseconds... :rolleyes:

1596112226472.png

Last edited:

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Since we can swap drivers race to race, we have the option for ‘part time’ drivers too. In theory we can also pick and choose who does the time trial, if we end up with just 1 extra team (not including blue) with a few part timers/reserves.
This changes everything for me :) I'll most likely miss the first event but if I can be reserve I'm interested!

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
View attachment 9293
We don't need to finalise the team to set our times, but it needs to be in the same car that we would use for the championship. We can all decide which car we want to run once we know who is in.
Post automatically merged:

They are expected to publish a live leaderboard of their time trial sometime today, so we'll soon know what we're up against :eek:
Guess you will need to be under 2.00 at suzuka in order to be selected :rolleyes:

• Disagree
Reactions: Tom

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
the track used is Bathurst and your best 10 laps count disregarding continuity or session, so you can do 50 hotlaps with only fuel for one lap and the best 10 will count.

It greatly depends on track state, Wednesday i did a CP race with quali at 3PM if im not mistaken, and Optimum track state: my quali time was 2:01:7 smt like that.

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Of the teams that have done their full runs already, only 2 have averaged under 2:03 laptimes, so as of right now it looks doable! Time will tell what the cut off will be.

It's also at Bathurst btw, not Suzuka ;)

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'll need to get practicing. I think my best time around Bathurst is high 2:05s! I guess we need to decide on a car....

Pierre CREUSEVAULT

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I'll need to get practicing. I think my best time around Bathurst is high 2:05s! I guess we need to decide on a car....
Same goes for me, that would be nice indeed, any suggestions for the car ? I was thinking the new AM or the Ferrari, the Porsche is also good but very tricky on braking which could be a problem at Bathurst

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
let's keep the interested going.
I would say 4 per team would be ideal, so if we aim to have 2 teams we need 8 interested :).

4 would mean that we could have one in the team missing and still being totally fine for all races, except the 24h, which is perfectly doable with 3, but i think 4 is the ideal number.

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Nice thread, Team Blue also took @JetPistol on board :)
Started with the qualy yesterday and today and for now it does look promising (I'm in P3 in the single driver standings :oops:)
Some reference material for the guys who are starting the qualy in the next days.

I found it the easiest to put fuel in for 6 flying laps, then reset to the pits and go out again. Mind that you need 10 valid laps in ONE 30mins session, to make your fastest 10laps count :) Doing just one flying lap and reset to the pits again won't work out with the 30min time.

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
oh so all 10 laps need to be done in a 30m period?

nice lap btw!

Pierre CREUSEVAULT

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Great lap ! Which car would you suggest for the possible second team ? I reckon i like the mid engined cars, mid front/rear are very stable imo

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
oh so all 10 laps need to be done in a 30m period?

nice lap btw!
No, you can do multiple 30min sessions, but you need to do at least 10 valid laps, that the fastest laps of this session are used for the average lap calculation. In the end the average is calculated from the 10 fastest laps of all your valid sessions

Great lap ! Which car would you suggest for the possible second team ? I reckon i like the mid engined cars, mid front/rear are very stable imo
Aston could be a good pick for the series, but it is not that fast around Bathurst. Audi is always good, Porsche could be tricky because it is not good at Bathurst and you need to do double stints in the endurance races. Nissan is also pretty strong :)

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Oh ok I understand now, so it will be the best 10 laps on any session but for a session to be counted i need to do 10 laps on that session, got it :).

With regards to the car, the only car i do not recommend for the endurance series is the Porsche, simply because it is the hardest car to drive and easiest to make mistakes. (albeit being pretty OP in most tracks).

Pierre CREUSEVAULT

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Aston could be a good pick for the series, but it is not that fast around Bathurst. Audi is always good, Porsche could be tricky because it is not good at Bathurst and you need to do double stints in the endurance races. Nissan is also pretty strong :)

With regards to the car, the only car i do not recommend for the endurance series is the Porsche, simply because it is the hardest car to drive and easiest to make mistakes. (albeit being pretty OP in most tracks).

Sounds good, i like the Aston but i'm fine with driving the Audi or the Nissan :D

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
8 days of qualifying for The Sim Grid World Cup to go! Only 21 of 93 teams have so far set the required laps to try and qualify.

A couple of reminders;
- There are still some 2 man teams registered - this is not permitted, you must find a 3rd driver. Only 3 or 4 driver teams are permitted
- All drivers must do the qualification, a team cannot qualify otherwise

If you have questions, please refer to the series information (https://www.thesimgrid.com/championships/59) first, or ask myself or a member of league & event staff.

Users who are viewing this thread