Assetto Corsa Competizione Sim Grid World Cup - Season 2 - Sign Up & Interest Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Assetto Corsa

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

The Sim Grid and VCO have partnered up together to bring you the biggest endurance racing series on ACC, the World Cup! The Sim Grid x VCO World Cup is a 5 round series running from April to October. Feauturing 3x 12h races and 2x 24h races, the World Cup will really test each driver and team in the tough arena of endurance racing. The World Cup has expanded for this season to provide two splits. Split 1 has a 45 car grid with 15 teams invited back from season 1, 15 VIP esport teams and the top 15 teams from the upcoming qualifying. Split 2 has a 50 car grid with all teams coming from the qualifying process.

Official Event Info: Website, Discord Chat

Dates:
Wednesday, 10th March 2021
08:00UTC - Qualifying Server Opens
Friday, 19th March 2021
21:00 UTC - Qualifying Server Closes

Saturday, 3rd April 2021 - 12H of Bathrust
Saturday, 15th May 2021 - 24H of Spa Francorchamps
Saturday, 26th June 2021 - 12H of Donington
Saturday, 21st August 2021 - 12H of Kyalami
Saturday, 2nd October 2021 - 24H of Nurburgring

General Details
Car Classes:GT3
Max Entries:45 per Split
Min/Max Drivers per Team:2/4
Maximum Stint Time:75 Mins
Maximum Total Driving Time:TBA
Race Duration12/24 Hours
Race Tyre Sets9/24
Live Stewarding:Yes

Championship Qualification Details
To create parity in the qualification process and avoid teams qualifying based on their car BoP, the car and track combination has been determined by the organiser. Any laps set on the qualification server in another car model will not be counted. The qualification server is set to Suzuka and the car used must be the Honda NSX Evo.

3 drivers for each team must set a minimum of 20 valid laps on the qualification server (there is no maximum number of laps however). We then average a driver's best 25% of laps (rounded up to next whole number) to determine their average lap time, and then the average laps from each driver is put together to determine the teams average lap time. Teams are then sorted in the leaderboard by this average lap time.

Example: Driver A sets 89 laps. 25% of 89 is 22.25. Therefore, the best 23 lap times will be averaged.
The qualification server will open at 09:00 CET on Wednesday 10th March.
The qualification server will close at 22:00 CET on Friday 19th March.

Server Name: The Sim Grid | World Cup Qualifying
Server Password: world

ENTRY FEE
All teams that enter the series are required to pay the relevant entry fee. This entry fee is $120 USD for teams in Split 1 and $60 USD for teams in Split 2. The Split 1 entry fee is equivalent to $24/round. The Split 2 entry fee is equivalent to $12/round. This is the fee that will be required for any teams that enter a round as a one-off entry (e.g. a reserve team). In the event a team was to fully withdraw from the series, the entry fee required from a replacement team would be the splits $/round fee x rounds remaining.

CUSTOM LIVERIES
Custom liveries made outside of the game are permitted in this series but please bear in mind that they are not officially supported by the game's developers.

Races in Split 1 will be live streamed on YouTube and custom liveries can be shared to the stream broadcaster in a dedicated channel on discord. If your team wishes to run with a custom livery, The Sim Grid logo and VCO logo must be included in the livery and located as per the instructions of the Terms & Conditions document.

Any politically charged or potentially offensive material on a custom livery will see the team banned from the series. To avoid the significant lag that custom liveries cause, we suggest that teams run the livery but without the .png file. Do not run the liveries of other teams under any circumstances. The files are shared for use of the broadcaster only.

WITHDRAW AND RESERVES
If a team is unavailable to attend a round in the championship, then use the withdraw function. This is found by clicking on the "Races" tab, and then "Admin" on the round you need to withdraw from. There you will find the withdraw button. Teams are permitted one withdrawal in this series. Missing a race without withdrawal will result in disqualification.

If a team has withdrawn from a race, but wish to attend the race after all, please contact a member of the Event Admin team as the slot may have already been filled by a Reserve team.

If you are a reserve team, you can see if teams have withdrawn from a round on the same "Admin" tab on each round. If you see a team has withdrawn and you wish to take their place, please contact a member of the Event Admin team. For the full rule set, please click here

Interested Drivers
@benimi

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
We got 1 team slot(invited from last season) this will be reserved for @Team RSR (we'll invite you to join)
@RSR Academy @Community please post here if you're interested,we'll form teams ASAP
good luck all

Last edited:

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I can't commit to a season, but I could help with qualifying, and if there is an odd race or two someone is needed. I'm not saying I would be fast enough to qualify necessarily, but if I had a cheat sheet I might be able to improve enough to help. I'm at about 2:01 flat with the quali combination in hotlaps, 24C air and 31c track. This is similar to last season's qualifying

Last edited:

T.rev.1

RSR Academy
Reaction score
As much as I would like to got a lot going on at the moment. Sorry!

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Hylton

Community Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
We got 1 team slot(invited from last season) this will be reserved for @Team RSR (we'll invite you to join)
@RSR Academy @Community please post here if you're interested,we'll form teams ASAP
good luck all
Good day

I am interested , im getting my PC in the day or 2 and steering wheel setup at the end of the month , I would like to join and start racing then if all is ok ?

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

FlyAxL

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Interresting choice of tracks.
Put me on reserve if you need someone for a second car, team rsr has priority on this one.
Else i suppose that there gonna be some one off events out of this.

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Interresting choice of tracks.
Put me on reserve if you need someone for a second car, team rsr has priority on this one.
Else i suppose that there gonna be some one off events out of this.
Sorry for the late reply
TeamRSR will use the invitational slot,everyone else is free to show interest for the qualifying stage

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Good morning boys,
As you already know we have one spot reserved, @Exited @Jeff[NL] @Morvic @JetPistol @Puffpirat @drukqs
who's interested??
Is it ok if I also show interest? Would love to help out maybe as a reserve driver?

I checked the schedule:
One race is on the same day as P1 race (26th of June, but I can work out a schedule to do both races).
The only race I really can't attend is the last one on 2nd October, due to 20th anniversary party of my company.

Last edited:

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score

FlyAxL

RSR Academy
Reaction score
We all do mistakes, that's what make us human i guess.
I ll team with you both anytime. This last season was a blast

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

FlyAxL

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Im in for qualy attempt

Status
Not open for further replies.