Assetto Corsa Competizione Sim Grid World Cup - S1 - Sign Up & Interest Thread (1 Viewer)

Pierre CREUSEVAULT

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Practice session done ! Good thing there's a good variety of cars between Turbos/NAs and fr/mr/rr layout :D

Here's my top 5 (Remember this is based on my own feedback of each car, my driving style can differ from the other)

1 - Honda NSX Evo : Fast and stable, yet forgiving. I had my fastest test lap with this car so far
2 - Lexus RC F : Feels good to drive, i'd say it's the one that gave me the most confidence
3 - Aston martin V8 Vantage : I liked its speed as well as its braking capabilities. Understeers a bit on corner entry and the turbo is a bit laggy
4 - Mclaren 720s : As stable as the Ferrari but with better braking.
5 - Nissan GTR : Quite stable and brakes well. The turbos picks up quickly which is a plus

I'd like to know which car did you like the most so we can decide on one ! :)

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
i'll be around after F1,will start testing the aston

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I've driven the Aston most, and most comfortable with that. I'm happy to go with most cars. I'll not be online today, I'm spectating at the British GT today, so getting to see some real life GT3 cars :cool:

Pierre CREUSEVAULT

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I've driven the Aston most, and most comfortable with that. I'm happy to go with most cars. I'll not be online today, I'm spectating at the British GT today, so getting to see some real life GT3 cars :cool:
Lucky you, enjoy the show ! :D

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
@frankodrose @hinesy32 @Pierre CREUSEVAULT Im really sorry for not here in the afternoon
i tested the Aston and i loved it super stable,good braking on(default setup)my best lap was 2.08low with mistakes, without them it would be 2.07high
do we all agree on the aston?can we register our team?

Last edited:

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
1596399252419.png

Damn! Slow down guys! :D

I Just did my first session, and it was awesome. I managed a few 01.9/02.1's and probably avaeraged mid 2:02's over my 10 laps in that session. Will go again tomorrow to bring that average down :cool:

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Man, this is tough. I can just scrape into the 2:03's. I've only done 1 set of 10 valid laps tonight. I did notice my tyre temps were like 2psi too low on each tyre, so need to address that. But, once again I notice by watching all other drivers, I am MILES away from their braking points. I mean, I almost take twice the distance at the end of the back straight. If I try to brake 100% full force at the same points as the top drivers, I am nowhere near making the corner. Not like running wide, but flying off the circuit. I must be doing something really basic wrong during braking :(

I will do more laps tomorrow.

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Man, this is tough. I can just scrape into the 2:03's. I've only done 1 set of 10 valid laps tonight. I did notice my tyre temps were like 2psi too low on each tyre, so need to address that. But, once again I notice by watching all other drivers, I am MILES away from their braking points. I mean, I almost take twice the distance at the end of the back straight. If I try to brake 100% full force at the same points as the top drivers, I am nowhere near making the corner. Not like running wide, but flying off the circuit. I must be doing something really basic wrong during braking :(

I will do more laps tomorrow.
I would look into ABS setting, Brake Bias and trailbraking. There are the most gains to find. Rough base would be ABS on 4, use the BB from the aggressive baseline and move it 1% to the back and focus on trailbraking. I always brake as hard as I can, downshift quite aggressivly and then wait for the ABS to kick in in the lower gear (you will hear that pumping noise of the valves). When you hear the ABS slightly reduce brake pressure and be just below the ABS trigger line ;)

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thanks @Exited

I am running a setup based on the agressive base. I'm running ABS on 2 at the moment, and brake bias more towards the front, 61% I think. I am getting better at trailbraking, it is more comfortable in ACC than any other sim (for me anyway). Regarding the downshifting, it doesn't downshift when I want it too. I often find I have to hit the paddle twice or three time to register a downshift. I fear this is user error.

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thanks @Exited

I am running a setup based on the agressive base. I'm running ABS on 2 at the moment, and brake bias more towards the front, 61% I think. I am getting better at trailbraking, it is more comfortable in ACC than any other sim (for me anyway). Regarding the downshifting, it doesn't downshift when I want it too. I often find I have to hit the paddle twice or three time to register a downshift. I fear this is user error.
ABS at 2 seems a little low for me, I would rather try 3 or 4 (gives more intervention) and brake bias more to the rear. Especially moving the BB gives a lot more breathing room for the front tires at turn in during braking. At the end you need to record some laps and watch the tire speeds afterwards in Motec, to see if tires are locking up or not.

I run ABS 4 pretty much all the time in the Porsche, even at Optimum Grip. With ABS lower the tires are starting to lock up especially in the trail braking phase and at Bathurst this is even more a thing with all the bumps and elevation changes.

For example, at the AMG we were running ABS 3 and BB to 59,8% at the Sim Grid Qualy ;)

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
We are currently sitting at P19, but there is still room to improve: i would say we should be able to get sub 2:01 team average.
1596533843932.png

I think we are in a good position to qualify, but we can't be complacent: half of the teams have not yet posted average team times, and from the team list, there are a few Alien teams still not there that will definitely push the cut-off time higher.

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
ABS at 2 seems a little low for me, I would rather try 3 or 4 (gives more intervention) and brake bias more to the rear. Especially moving the BB gives a lot more breathing room for the front tires at turn in during braking. At the end you need to record some laps and watch the tire speeds afterwards in Motec, to see if tires are locking up or not.

I run ABS 4 pretty much all the time in the Porsche, even at Optimum Grip. With ABS lower the tires are starting to lock up especially in the trail braking phase and at Bathurst this is even more a thing with all the bumps and elevation changes.

For example, at the AMG we were running ABS 3 and BB to 59,8% at the Sim Grid Qualy ;)

Thanks again for the help @Exited

A big improvement today. What better way to spend a day off than smashing the walls at Bathurst. Best time was a 2:02.7, so 1.2 seconds faster than my time yesterday. BB at 60% has really helped, and have my tyre temps much better.

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
fore some reason default setups in ACC in my opinion for a lot of cars, have the break bias way too much pushed to the Front.
Also the tyre pressures are a bit low in most scenarios: you should aim for 27.5 to 28psi hot tyre pressure.

Other than that, is just setup knowledge and making the car a bit faster bit by bit :).

I had a setup which i was quite happy with 2 days ago and i couldn't pass 2:01:1, then Puff made some minor but crucial changes, and on my first flying lap i did a 2:00:5 (toe assisted) and on my proper Quali session after the setup changes i did 3 sub 2:01 laps, the best being 2:00:8.
So yeah a good setup goes a long way!

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Do you guys think the server gets faster the more cars are on it? If that is the case I'll have to revisit my strategy.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Do you guys think the server gets faster the more cars are on it? If that is the case I'll have to revisit my strategy.
I did 3 5-lap stints in both sessions and in both my first was my fastest. Don’t know if it was me getting tired, the brakes getting worse (my setup has the aggressive pads) or the track getting worse.

Users who are viewing this thread