Project CARS 2 SimCommander - SimVibe (1 Viewer)

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
As of this morning there wasn't a update with specific Project Cars 2 Support, but you can get this working via changing a setting in Project Cars 2 and duplicating and making some changes to the existing Project Cars game profile in sim commander.

Step 1:
In Project Cars 2 from the settings enable Shared Memory and set to "Project Cars 1"

Step 2:
In SimCommander duplicate your existing Project Cars profile and make the following changes.

Set Parameters to : "-applaunch 378860 -silent" ( I think you need to ad a "-vr" to the end if you want it to launch in it VR mode, but will have to confirm later)

Set Wait On to : "pCARS2.exe,pCARS2AVX.exe"

upload_2017-9-22_7-18-23.png

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
Update 23rd Sept

New version of simcommander has been released with initial support for project cars 2.

You will need to change the shared memory to project cars 2 now.

Gave it a quick run this afternoon seems okay but impacts don't seem to be coming through properly head on crashes into the wall seem to register but the bumper to bumper rubbing doesn't register.

Will have a play around with settings again later on, good to have the tactile feedback running again, helps with feeling the car and road.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
The wheel is fine, it's the bloody pedals that PC2 won't recognise, yet PC1 did.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Which pedals in particular @2scoops?

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Heuskinveld, tried in edit assignment, doesn't recognise any inputs, when I press calibrate it just says not enough settings have been set or something like that. Just going round in circles :(

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
Had a good(ish) session tonight, still some work to do as there isn’t much track feel or sensation through the wheel or transducers, seems to come alive on the rumble strips and off track mind you so there is something there.

Worrying thing at the moment that I need to dial in is the impact feedback it feels very light and I only feel it when t-boning a car or driving straight into a barrier then normal argy bargy from bumper tapping and side impacts don’t even register, TC practice was great fun but the immersion is being broken by the lack of feedback from taps and collisions, anyone else having this issue ?

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
Okay noob error, setup the jack spade FFB files and forgot to set the FFB Mode to "Custom" in project cars, DOH !

Starting to get this dialled in now, so thought I would share the settings that I've found so far. one thing that is still far off it the impact/collision feedback, in PCars2 you can crash into a wall and not have to take your hands of the wheel, and normal race rubbing and bumping doesn't even register in the Wheel or SimExperience, Is this a feature or bug in PCars2 , feedback from others on the impact FFB would be appreciated.

Here are some links to a few good threads that are going on.

https://community.granitedevices.com/t/project-cars-trouble-shooting/574
http://simxperience.com/Default.aspx?tabid=742&g=posts&t=2762 (Registered SimExperience Owners Only)
http://simxperience.com/Default.aspx?tabid=742&g=posts&t=2755 (Registered SimExperience Owners Only)

And if you don't feel like reading, here are the settings i'm running now.

PCars2 FFB Settings:

Flavour: Custom
Custom FFB File: Jack Spade Standard - Low Compression
Gain: 100
Volume: 60
Tone: 90
FX:90

SimuCUBE Settings (Wheel)

simucube-pcars2-settings.png

SimExperience Settings

simexperience-pcars2-settings.png

Users who are viewing this thread