SimHub Dashboards - Sharing & Discussion (1 Viewer)

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So over the last month or so I've been having lots of fun with SimHub's Dash Studio. It's a free super powerful tool to make your own dashboards in an intuitive WYSIWYG interface, using common telemetry data feeds from the various games we race. It works with most Sims, but some specific elements will only work with certain games. It can also talk to Arduino units, to control real gauges, lights, touch screens, fans... Check out the website here.

I'm really impressed with what this software can achieve. You can make anything from a simple Shift up light, to a fully fledged TV Broadcast Graphics & Live Timing Suite. Use this thread to share ideas and help each other out. Any super technical questions should go to SimHub's own discord server.

I've been using it to make my own bespoke stream overlay (Download here).

I'm pretty happy with it. Feel free to download, have a poke around, and copy elements to start building your own :)

Last edited:

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hey tom. Looks like a great app. Do you know if this would work for replays or it just for live races.???

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I think it should do, I think it depends on what telemetry the game you're using includes in replay files. It definitely works in spectator mode.

The SimHub software also allows you to record the whole telemetry feed from a game while you're driving, to play back later for testing and development - very handy indeed. You can also share these recordings between different machines, handy for working on a layout stealthily at work ;)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
You could make a resource out of your dashboard. Easier to update :)

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
to add to this, I have also managed to get SimHub to work externally. So during the race a teammate can connect(using your IP and :8888) and able to use every dash as if they were on the same network or as if you were using it. Very useful considering the current live timings we are provided with.

the dashes i find most useful are:
Control centre - gives you fuel usage, good track map(with your driver being marked as red) accurate etc
Broadcast 2nd screen - This is a full live timings screen(as seen at most Motorsport circuits) this shows the coloured sectors(purple for quickest etc) the usual gap to leader/car in front, weather conditions and probably most important, an indication of Yellow flags and what sector the incident is in. Further to this it displays when the car is getting blue flags.

If you want to get it working then i'm happy to help.

As you have to provide your external IP i would definitely recommend only to people you trust/race with and dont post it on the forum.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
to add to this, I have also managed to get SimHub to work externally. So during the race a teammate can connect(using your IP and :8888) and able to use every dash as if they were on the same network or as if you were using it. Very useful considering the current live timings we are provided with.

the dashes i find most useful are:
Control centre - gives you fuel usage, good track map(with your driver being marked as red) accurate etc
Broadcast 2nd screen - This is a full live timings screen(as seen at most Motorsport circuits) this shows the coloured sectors(purple for quickest etc) the usual gap to leader/car in front, weather conditions and probably most important, an indication of Yellow flags and what sector the incident is in. Further to this it displays when the car is getting blue flags.

If you want to get it working then i'm happy to help.

As you have to provide your external IP i would definitely recommend only to people you trust/race with and dont post it on the forum.
Go on then james share your ip with me lol

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Go on then james share your ip with me lol
No. :D :D

for me i am only giving it to those i race with. but also as extra security measures, im closing the ports after each session

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
No. :D:D

for me i am only giving it to those i race with. but also as extra security measures, im closing the ports after each session

You don't really have a security issue, since Sim Hub is using an internal IP and its not open externally. :)

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I like the main idea of this. That's really good @Battenberg.
That is now my personal pov, but I think that the racing screen is too narrow and the informations too big.
I'm not sure if tested it, but I think in iRacing the tire info is useless, because the program only sends the data when you are back in the pits.
Is it possible to change the transparency of the info boxes?

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thanks @grobi0815, the beauty of SimHub is that you can freely edit anyone's dashboard you download. So you can easily:
  • Move elements around to make more space for game capture.
  • Only use data streams specific to your game of choice (You can choose between common data streams included in most games, or game specific ones unique to that sim. I attempted to make mine universal, so most of my elements are the generic most common ones, some of which don't work in iRacing. Tyre wear (even after pitstops) and the map tracker for example don't work. You may have more luck using the iRacing specific data feeds. This dashboard for example is built primarily around iRacing and looks very feature rich, very impressive!).
  • Change colour/transparency of anything, with functions to change that under certain conditions (bad value = red, good value = green etc.)
  • Convert dashboard widgets (say, my 'Next Blue Flag' box) into Overlays, which can then be arranged on a transparent window above your game. (I don't use this, as nothing is on top of my game capture).

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thanks @grobi0815, the beauty of SimHub is that you can freely edit anyone's dashboard you download. So you can easily:
  • Move elements around to make more space for game capture.
  • Only use data streams specific to your game of choice (You can choose between common data streams included in most games, or game specific ones unique to that sim. I attempted to make mine universal, so most of my elements are the generic most common ones, some of which don't work in iRacing. Tyre wear (even after pitstops) and the map tracker for example don't work. You may have more luck using the iRacing specific data feeds. This dashboard for example is built primarily around iRacing and looks very feature rich, very impressive!).
  • Change colour/transparency of anything, with functions to change that under certain conditions (bad value = red, good value = green etc.)
  • Convert dashboard widgets (say, my 'Next Blue Flag' box) into Overlays, which can then be arranged on a transparent window above your game. (I don't use this, as nothing is on top of my game capture).
I like the second one with the deploy.

Users who are viewing this thread