Project CARS 2 Single Seater Slipstreamer - 1961 Italian Grand Prix - 22nd Oct @ 18:30UTC (1 Viewer)

Single Seater Slipstreamer - 1961 Italian Grand Prix - 22nd Oct @ 18:30UTC
Posted by Darksi
Project CARS 2
Monday, October 22, 2018 - 19:30
Until: Monday, October 22, 2018 - 22:30
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

SharkyOB

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm going to have to pull out, sorry guys :(

Erik

Community Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys, I don't feel well. I won't make the race

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Any tips for someone who had no prep time at all?

SBart_uk

Community Member
Reaction score
Any tips for someone who had no prep time at all?
Run max tyre pressures and make sure you have gearing long enough to make use of the slipstream.

Can we get an admin to start one of the official servers please :D ? I'll start the practice session at half past.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Nice event, shame there were not so many there. Sadly the story of my race was

• 2nd on grid
  • use the slipstream to pass Stu into P1 on the main straight
  • attempt to leave @Corentin_Bergès room on grande, drive into wall and throw lead
  • head to pits for 1m20 repairs
  • come out of pits, drive straight into wall at 2nd lesmo
  • head to pits for 40secs repairs
  • swear
  • curse
  • catch some people
  • hit a completely unhittable barrier while trying to work out how fast I'm catching someone
  • get frustrated, accidentally drop from 5th to 3rd gear and do 30% engine damage
  • short shift home.

Would love to see a mini-league on this car, with some smaller tracks with corners!!

eagle

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm wery sorry, I have time but foget about toodays race.... =(
How it was?

SBart_uk

Community Member
Reaction score
It was a fun race..it went surprisingly quickly.
I got a decent start but its almost useless at this track as both @UnstopaPaul and @Corentin_Bergès went flying past me on the way towards Curva Grande. Paul ran wide and both of us followed him off but managed to avoid an accident. Then me and @ProjectPD had a few laps of battling each other until I ran wide and tapped the wall with my left rear.
That gave me 25 suspension damage but it felt ok, so I carried on.
After a few laps I could see I was just loosing too much time to PD so I pitted and then started to catch back up, until I saw PD in the pits. Then we had another 15 mins or so of slipstreaming each other. I don't know what happened to him in the end but I tried to wait so we could continue our battle but I guess he had some damage and had to pit.
I think we had different gearing approaches which was interesting. It meant PD was faster on the banking and then I'd catch up a bit during the normal track.

Also thanks to everyone for racing and to Darksi for setting up the server for us :)

Last edited:

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thanks Stu for organising, practice went well, quali was fun running, but three crashes in three laps and the car behaving very weirdly. i didnt fancy carrying on anymore.

Great car and track combo.

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
If I had a chance to practice a bit and get a feel for the car, I think this would have been awesome. Unfortunately we only came back from holiday yesterday, but as the race went on the lesmos just got more and more enjoyable as I got more confidence. The car is such a fun drive.

I think I outbraked myself something like 5 times in the first chicane. Concentration levels weren't the best.

We should have a mini league or monthly vintage event or something. Thanks for organising @SBart_uk ! Great fun.

Oh, and one more thing. The oval made for a spectacular experience. I would drive down the start finish straight, and next to me, exiting the oval, you had @SBart_uk and @ProjectPD neck and neck driving down to curva grande. So damn cool. That's pretty epic seeing that.

Last edited:

Nada

Community Member
Reaction score
Sorry I thought the race was today.

ProjectPD

Community Member
Reaction score
You nailed it @SBart_uk.

We stick out of a four car battle in lap 1 and had a very nice head to head fight. Because of our different gearing ratios each of us had a faster and a slower part of the track.

I also enjoyed the fight at the end. Sadly my car suddenly set of in the second banked curve. I don't know exactly why. Maybe the few extra kph in your slipstream give me that little bit to much down force in the banked curve. While spinning I for sure don't tap the normal earth wall at the inside of the whole, around 1100 meters long curve. No! I managed it to spin into the only smal -arount 8 meters wide- escape exit of the banking corner and hit an wall standing 90 degree to the track. :banghead::banghead::banghead:
Everyone can imagine how much damage it takes when you slam by 220 kph sideways into a wall.

That's it. I hope we drive dose cars more often in the future.

A championship in this cars and only on historic tracks would be enjoyable :stig:

It was a fun race..it went surprisingly quickly.
I got a decent start but its almost useless at this track as both @UnstopaPaul and @Corentin_Bergès went flying past me on the way towards Curva Grande. Paul ran wide and both of us followed him off but managed to avoid an accident. Then me and @ProjectPD had a few laps of battling each other until I ran wide and tapped the wall with my left rear.
That gave me 25 suspension damage but it felt ok, so I carried on.
After a few laps I could see I was just loosing too much time to PD so I pitted and then started to catch back up, until I saw PD in the pits. Then we had another 15 mins or so of slipstreaming each other. I don't know what happened to him in the end but I tried to wait so we could continue our battle but I guess he had some damage and had to pit.
I think we had different gearing approaches which was interesting. It meant PD was faster on the banking and then I'd catch up a bit during the normal track.

Also thanks to everyone for racing and to Darksi for setting up the server for us :)

Users who are viewing this thread