Split 1 - R1: Monza - 5th March 2018 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It was a disappointing race for me and my team mate @SillySausage. I had a good qualifying and made it into the top 10, so I set myself the target of a top 8 finish. On the opening lap I couldn't avoid a tagged @steveg200 exiting the 1st chicane, so was shuffled deep into the midfield straight away. I was stuck on the inside line approaching Ascari, and got my braking all kinds of wrong and went straight ahead through the gravel, back onto the exit curb, and then lost it on a gravel patch or bump and went into the barrier. I really hope nobody else was caught up in that, it could have been an almighty pileup with that many cars around. I waited for the main pack to go, and then rejoined towards the back with some damage.

I have to say, the 20+ cars battling together in one big pack ahead of me was such an awesome sight. There were cars everywhere, I've never seen a part of a track so busy during a race. Like @SillySausage I decided to pit early to try and undercut the huge midfield with our decent race pace. However I waited a few laps longer so I could brim the tank to take me to the end (thanks for the fuel tip @Cluck!). Sadly Silly pitted too early and ran out of fuel towards the end. It was fun to run with the leaders for a few laps, it was encouraging to see that my pace wasn't too far off theirs. For the rest of the race I tried to keep my head down to make the undercut work.

I had only 1 more incident after my stop when @CatchAGlimpse's lagging car/brake failure rear ended me in T1, giving me a lively rear end for the second half of the race. It didn't affect my ultimate pace too badly, but it affected my consistency and confidence in the car. Glimpse gave back the position, and later retired due to safety concerns, so there's no hard feelings. I eventually finished in P13, which wasn't too bad considering my rubbish first lap. I feel gutted for @SillySausage, as he was on for a strong finish before his fuel error. Hopefully my recent adventures in the VLMS will help us out in the next race, if only we had the Viper GTE car in this game...

Also, special shout out to @t0daY and @The Wayfaerer, the stream was brilliant! Very professional, and a big improvement over our previous attempts!

Last edited:

Feanor

Community Member
Reaction score
@Feanor crashed in to you, sending you off to my line and killing my race too. This move basically made 4 cars to crash badly, making a dnf for 2... Was it worth it?? I don't think official league is a place to be a good samaritan.

Yeah, that was a pretty dumb move by me. I saw PD crawling on start-finish straigth but couldn't see the other car he was pushing because it was ghosted inside him. Everything looked exactly like he had run out of fuel and was crawling to the line. I thought being a Championship contender and fellow Corvette driver he at least should get P10. And when I started pushing, on PDs side he was now stuffed between two cars and PCars physics not liking that at all, he got launched.
I'd like to apologize to all involved drivers. It wasn't my intention to cause havok and I've certainly learned my lesson and won't do that ever again.

CrisBCros

Community Member
Reaction score
After a long break, it was time to restart the engines - in the fourth season of the RSR Cup starts for the first time in a class, instead of championship with the same cars. Somehow I was surprisingly able to start in this season (my second season at RSR) in Split1 - probably one of the fastest and most competitive e-sports leagues of Project CARS 2 - I'm so proud of it. :D

After the "ProjectCros Racing" team formation with @ProjectPD , an "ever-podium contender" and the choice of the Corvette C7.R "ProjectCros Racing" promises some great battles in a field of some FORD GT, BMW M6 and Ferari 488.
Before the start of the season in Monza, Italy - one of the most historic racetracks - ProjectPDand I were not so optimistic, as the Ford has looked very Op (overpowered) compared to the Corvette. :nailbiting:
As we spent hours and hours finding the next 1/10 and turning almost every screw to make the setup as perfect as possible, we were able to find a competitive race pace.
But before the race starts, there is of course the Qualyfing - ProjectPD was surprisingly competitive, made it to P3. I had a problem with a perfect lap due to heavy traffic so I could only make it to P16.
Anyway, the race started well - until the first corner ... where I spun due a contact - not sure who it was - but this incident brought me back to P32 without being too far away from the field. :blackeye:While ProjectPD caught up with P1, I could also find my race pace and win some positions before having some battles in midfield that was pretty crowded. Climbing and climbing with some minor mistakes and the right strategy, ProjectCros Racing was the unexpectedly close race between all the Ford Ferrari and BMW.
With a lead of about 2 seconds on the P1, ProjectPD unfortunately had an incident when he tried to lap another car that lost control and crashed into ProjectPD in Ascari - he fell back to P4 with a damaged car.
About 10 minutes before the end of the race, I had some tough fights with @Eugene Flerko in the Ferrari, which put some pressure on him and forced him to make some minor mistakes that were even enough to overtake.
In the last lap, ProjectPD saw a Ford on the straight without fuel and tried to help him over the starting line - gentlemen like him ProjectPD did not care about his position! Everything would have gone well if a car had not driven into him, only 150 meters before the finish line. His car spun and before he could cross the S / F line, the race was over - at least ProjectPD was ranked on P12 and I finished the race on P10. I could almost have done even better without the incident in turn 1 - but the season has just begun and my goal for the very first race in Split1 was to finish in Top10 - achieved! :dead:

Next race will be in the home of motorsports - Silverstone GP on the 12th of March with difficult weather conditions – let’s see if ProjectCros Racing will be a little luckier there and beat our British experts. :jimlad:

Last edited:

Alex Salmon

Community Member
Reaction score
Thanks for last night guys! Really fun race, a bad start gave me some catching up to do but had a good little face off with @Puffpirat that was really fun. Unfortunately i put too much fuel in at the stop and got caught out and lost the tow for the second stint but it was fun while it lasted. Well done everyone for a relatively clean race 1!

Thanks again to puffi for a good fight, definitely wish we kept it going for the whole race. I loved it!

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thanks again to puffi for a good fight, definitely wish we kept it going for the whole race. I loved it!
Ah man that was awesome. Funny how @t0daY and @The Wayfaerer build our rivalry in the stream :D too bad you lost out in the pits, I think our agreement to push for the leaders would have worked out in the end. That was definitely the sportsmanship moment of the race!

Congrats to @SBart_uk on a failure free race and a well deserved win!

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Lovely stream from @t0daY and @The Wayfaerer . Will watch the whole thing later but have enjoyed what I've watched so far :)

My race report can be summed up as "Didn't deserve P4"!

Qualifying went about as well as I could have hoped. My fastest lap involved no traffic around me, at all, and no draft to gain any precious tenths. It was, in that regard, just like a time-trial lap. It stuck me P5 on the grid, higher up than I was expecting, to be quite honest.

Come the race, I managed to sneak past @Alex Salmon in the first chicane, after his car was unsettled from being smacked up the a**e, but there was no way I was going to be able to keep him behind me so I gave him plenty of room down the back-straight and bided my time. His fight with Puffy, sadly, allowed @Taorminator to gain time on me and knowing he was in the quicker Ford, I was starting to get concerned about holding my 5th spot. Fortunately (for me!), he lost it on the exit of Ascari and that gave me the breathing room to settle down and just hold my 5th spot, hoping that traffic wasn't going to back me up into @steveg200 at all. As it was, I slowly but steadily lost ground to the guys up front and just as slowly built up my lead over the guys behind me. As with the recent PRD crossover event at Daytona, my race was largely a very lonely affair, with only the lapping of the slower guys adding any excitement (well, that and being nearly banged off the road into the second-chicane by the badly warping car of Catchaglimpse - no harm done, so no apology sought by myself or even remotely necessary).

5th place seemed all but assured, until @ProjectPD had his incident and that gifted me a slightly undeserved P4.

I'm racing for the excitement of racing, this season, with no particular aim for glory of race wins - I wouldn't have gone for the Ferrari if I wanted to win ;) - so it was slightly disappointing to have a race that was largely empty of any real fun. But, I still enjoyed the race and am not sure I would have wanted the pressure of trying to scrap with the top 4 guys for an entire hour :eek:.

Congratulations to the podium guys, @SBart_uk , @Puffpirat and @Alex Salmon , all very well deserved finishing positions. Onwards to Silverstone!

CrisBCros

Community Member
Reaction score
After a long break, it was time to restart the engines - in the fourth season of the RSR Cup starts for the first time in a class, instead of championship with the same cars. Somehow I was surprisingly able to start in this season (my second season at RSR) in Split1 - probably one of the fastest and most competitive e-sports leagues of Project CARS 2 - I'm so proud of it. :D

After the "ProjectCros Racing" team formation with @ProjectPD , an "ever-podium contender" and the choice of the Corvette C7.R "ProjectCros Racing" promises some great battles in a field of some FORD GT, BMW M6 and Ferari 488.
Before the start of the season in Monza, Italy - one of the most historic racetracks - ProjectPDand I were not so optimistic, as the Ford has looked very Op (overpowered) compared to the Corvette. :nailbiting:
As we spent hours and hours finding the next 1/10 and turning almost every screw to make the setup as perfect as possible, we were able to find a competitive race pace.
But before the race starts, there is of course the Qualyfing - ProjectPD was surprisingly competitive, made it to P3. I had a problem with a perfect lap due to heavy traffic so I could only make it to P16.
Anyway, the race started well - until the first corner ... where I spun due a contact - not sure who it was - but this incident brought me back to P32 without being too far away from the field. :blackeye:While ProjectPD caught up with P1, I could also find my race pace and win some positions before having some battles in midfield that was pretty crowded. Climbing and climbing with some minor mistakes and the right strategy, ProjectCros Racing was the unexpectedly close race between all the Ford Ferrari and BMW.
With a lead of about 2 seconds on the P1, ProjectPD unfortunately had an incident when he tried to lap another car that lost control and crashed into ProjectPD in Ascari - he fell back to P4 with a damaged car.
About 10 minutes before the end of the race, I had some tough fights with @Eugene Flerko in the Ferrari, which put some pressure on him and forced him to make some minor mistakes that were even enough to overtake.
In the last lap, ProjectPD saw a Ford on the straight without fuel and tried to help him over the starting line - gentlemen like him ProjectPD did not care about his position! Everything would have gone well if a car had not driven into him, only 150 meters before the finish line. His car spun and before he could cross the S / F line, the race was over - at least ProjectPD was ranked on P12 and I finished the race on P10. I could almost have done even better without the incident in turn 1 - but the season has just begun and my goal for the very first race in Split1 was to finish in Top10 - achieved! :dead:

Next race will be in the home of motorsports - Silverstone GP on the 12th of March with difficult weather conditions – let’s see if ProjectCros Racing will be a little luckier there and beat our British experts. :jimlad:

UPDATED with video embedded :snaphappy:

Last edited:

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
Thanks for an amazing race last night guys, I really had a blast. Good job on the stream @t0daY and @The Wayfaerer , I'll put down some suggestions later this week in this thread.

Had a decent qualifying, qualified P10. In short, had a flawless race, drove very consistent laps (almost all 1:45) and made 0 mistakes. Payed off with an amazing P5 in the end!

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Let's see if I can tell something about how it's to drive at the back of the field.
Best thing was my race engineer who told me I qualified 23, but I heard 32! :D
Then I realised it's not that bad, (only a bit).
Then the start went really well and I could avoid completely touching other cars. I also gained some positions because others had accidents. I drove constant laps until about 20minutes in the race I closed the gap to @Nada. We had a great time battling and changed positions often. i couldn't get passed and so decided to pit early at about min 25. After my stop I drove constant laps und had to let overtake my from the top 5. Lost some seconds, but no problem there. I found my pace around P20. About 10min to go, I found again @Nada in front of me and knew this time I need to pass him. But I couldn't get even close enough. But luckily for me he went of track and I gained enough distance to keep him behind me.
All in all it was a really clean race from my site and the ones I could race with. Thanks for all the fun!
At the finish line I was P17, what is OK for an AM driver, but with more traininig it could have been even better.
My Teammate Elodyr should have been faster than me but had some issues so sadly no points for him.
Next time our Ferrari will be faster :cool:

Fatih Kursat

Community Member
Reaction score
What a race! i want to race all event but my job isn't allow me to do that.
i chose aston because i was a guest driver so. My goal was stay away from the accidents and consistent lap times.
some point aston full lockup before the last chicane two times. i dont know why but i'm happy because no one effect.
Thank you for excellent presentation @t0daY and @The Wayfaerer and nice comments for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread