Split 1 - R1: Red Bull Ring - 16th October 2017 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
If you have a problem then please, open a stewards report and perhaps we can stamp out these issues. But I would like to ask that you don't post these sort of videos and generalise RSR as a whole when doing so because you got caught up in an incident. Split 1 was the cleanest racing I've seen in a long time and yes there were crashes, some big some small, but as a whole RSR is a clean community.

Diluvian

Community Member
Reaction score
How to ruin your race / How not to drive into barriers :mask:

[e] Ah I realized that my mic got captured, too. I had to laugh hard at 0:08 as I saw that replay the first time, too xD

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
If you have a problem then please, open a stewards report and perhaps we can stamp out these issues. But I would like to ask that you don't post these sort of videos and generalise RSR as a whole when doing so because you got caught up in an incident. Split 1 was the cleanest racing I've seen in a long time and yes there were crashes, some big some small, but as a whole RSR is a clean community.
Never said otherwise. Actually I stated few times how good and clean RSR races are.
I merely tried to make fun of myself. Out of all rsr races I did, none was clean. Sometimes people crashed into me, sometimes I f#cked up. Definitely don't blame anybody.
This seems more like you have a problem with myself. If yes, please PM me.

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
Never said otherwise. Actually I stated few times how good and clean RSR races are.
I merely tried to make fun of myself. Out of all rsr races I did, none was clean. Sometimes people crashed into me, sometimes I f#cked up. Definitely don't blame anybody.
I have no problem with you mate, I must have just misunderstood what you was trying to say. I'm glad that new people are joining the community and can enjoy themselves. Perhaps next time you could make it a bit more understandable and then I won't be confused :p

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
There was a moment in my race where it felt like I did this!

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

I take the blame for this one but I can not wait for Imola. Wanna proper racing you ;) Could have been a really good fight at the front! With @Vernux as well :)

Zsolt Benczedi

Community Member
Reaction score
Enjoyed first race of the season in spite of the final result. Apologies from @Doctor46 for the move at 2:00 min in the race, that wasn't nice of me :( but was concentrating too much on what was happening in front. Two pit stops as my tires were not changed at first(my bad) ended 14th at the line. Sorry for my team mate, who qualified 4th and finished behind me.
Looking forward to next event, see you then.

Col_McCoy

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So a quick summary.
I did some last minute changes, because the car felt 'too stable'. Reason was that I did not know that SC was not available. Somehow all the server/trainings I did I could select it ON (or with the last online, even not select it OFF). So I though.. well than lets make it a bit more unstable, thus faster :p.
Qualifying I couldn't stick my lap in.. was up half a second many laps but always seem to throw it away somewhere.. which meant starting position 10 (this was going to be fun, as I knew I was faster than that).

Perfect clean start and nice racing. Picking up the pace, than I had to avoid running in the back of somebody, comprimising the following exit. Unfortunately, I wasn't left enough room and got spin around with major damage.

After the pitstop I came in front of I think nr 5, who immediately asked to pass by. I did so, reluctantly, since my tyres/brakes were cold, but I knew I could drive the same pace. After letting 3 people by, I was behind a group of 4 people nr 8 till nr 5, who I was catching.
I'm very sorry, but I saw no other sollution to inform you guys, I was going to unlap myself as I was faster. So I started picking them off, being way to clean and avoiding every contact possible not to ruin your races for points. Unfortunately at some point, I had to avoid once again a situation and damage my car. Being this my first race longer race in Pcars2, not knowing the exact consequences of front aero (radiator) damage, I setup my next pitstop strategy after one more racing lap... at the middle of the lap I saw my temperatures and damage going mad and even being off throttle did not help me save the car anymore.. Engine blown. The car was parked 'okay' but I decided to not leave it there and retire to the pit to avoid any disturbance on track.

All in all a lot of lessons learned for upcoming races!

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I think I finished P6 but, in all honesty, I was just glad to finish the race with my car intact. Life rather got in the way and I went into the race having only driven a few laps in the practice lobby that was up before the race. Wondering where people were finding 3 seconds of pace, I switched to softs and immediately found I was in the hunt, though I quickly realised my tyres were going to heat up too much. A real 'finger in the air' moment, I dragged the tyre pressures around a bit and hoped for the best.

As with others, my quali lap was far from perfect. I went through S2 0.4s up on my previous best lap - which would have put me right up there at the front - but, with a messed-up final corner, I settled for P9 on the grid (I think).

Some really fun battles at the start of the race slowly settled into more of a routine. However, I reminded myself why I don't run with anything on the hud as, in trying to see what the gap was to the cars ahead of, and behind me, I missed corners, braking points, the track, everything really on a couple of occasions! The car, however, was a joy to drive. When I overcooked it, I just had to be a little careful for a couple of corners and the tyres would come back to me.

Out of the pits, after my scheduled stop, I found myself immediately ahead of @t0daY. I forget when he passed me but I knew he was going to, he definitely had better pace than myself at that point. Then, with his tyres going off, due to his earlier stop, I started catching and, were it not for his braking earlier than expected into the T3 (how I avoided rear-ending him, I have absolutely no idea :eek: ), I 'might' have even got past. As it was, I settled for watching him and @MelBonkers having a fight over who could say "sorry" and "stop apologising" the most :D.

I must confess, I went into the race with fairly low expectations, with neither my head nor my heart 100% into it. As soon as the race started, that went out of the window and I couldn't have asked for a more fun start to season 3. If every race went that way, it's going to be another brilliant season.

Here's to race 2, Imola :)

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
I take the blame for this one but I can not wait for Imola. Wanna proper racing you ;) Could have been a really good fight at the front! With @Vernux as well :)
Honestly, it was just a bad luck, no one to blame here. :)
Looking forward for Imola as well, though I'm a bit rusty there, hope you won't be too much faster :)

Since people are doing summaries, here's mine perspective:
Qualified as 5th, held the position through first few laps and was actually quite happy just behind the first guys. I was not any faster then them, so I told myself to stay behind them and wait for mistakes or something, since overtaking one car would put me into very fast sandwich and I really wanted to finish this one without accident.
Than not even 10 mins into race while P4 I think, there were those unfortunate last two corners where we were lapping a car and @t0daY's span while following Diluvian. The car was in the middle of the road, clear of race-line. I was not doing race-line due to the car lap behind and had to go around Manu's nose from the right. Which would probably work, unfortunately, another car hit Manu's backside and that just came straight into my face. The damage took 2,5 minutes to fix in the pits. Like I said, bad luck.
Second half of the race, I was stuck behind P3, P2, once I caught with him, since I wasn't really gonna overtake P3 from P20something.

Really frustrating night for me. I did a lot of practice on Sunday and Monday. Was happy with the pace and consistency, haven't done a single mistake in the race. But stars were just not aligned properly I guess ;)

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Had a disaster last night, race was going really well, pitted from 7th and when I came out of the pits the car was driving itself, I had no control whatsoever so had to retire.

Ashnoom

Community Member
Reaction score
Had a disaster last night, race was going really well, pitted from 7th and when I came out of the pits the car was driving itself, I had no control whatsoever so had to retire.
Sounds like you accidentally hit the "swap driver" option in the In Car Management menu. You are not the first to accidentally swap drivers.

Vernux

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Q: Was very close. My Fastest lap: I ran out wide in Turn 1, so at the end of my lap i saw i could get P1 (cuz of that extend) so decided to lift up. Got P4 afterall
R: First league race here in RSR so i wanted to be very careful. 10min ish into the race @t0daY span and i hit his car. I think i could have avoid him but yeah.
Video: Got 10 ish front aero damage. Went into the pit repaired it. Did 2 laps and i saw the temps are rising so had to pit again (guess radiator was damaged) repair time was 1 min ish. After that i pushed like hell got P17 afterall.
I usually have bad luck on the first races of the season so hopefully it will be just better.

p.s.: Sry for the video name i just hit the keyboard few times and voala. :D

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Massive shout out to @Pamellaaa @Battenberg @FlyingKman. Thousand thanks for stream yesterday. Watched almost the entire stream during work. Awesome stuff guys!

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yeah the stream was awesome, was watching the entire stream live yesterday
The only thing i want to suggest to @FlyingKman, it would look even better if you show the speedo with telemetry every time you show an onboard cam, that would give you even more the feeling of an professional TV-Broadcast

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yeah the stream was awesome, was watching the entire stream live yesterday
The only thing i want to suggest to @FlyingKman, it would look even better if you show the speedo with telemetry every time you show an onboard cam, that would give you even more the feeling of an professional TV-Broadcast

Stream was great to watch yesterday! I just 1 point to make, For whatever reason @Pamellaaa you were perfectly clear but it was very difficult if not impossible to hear @Battenberg and @FlyingKman
The game sounds seemed to be overpowering.

Pamellaaa

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Stream was great to watch yesterday! I just 1 point to make, For whatever reason @Pamellaaa you were perfectly clear but it was very difficult if not impossible to hear @Battenberg and @FlyingKman
The game sounds seemed to be overpowering.
That will be a setting my side, my mic is local but the other two were being output through TS to my headset and I probably didn't have the levels quite dialed in for each source, for next time I can adjust this I'm sure!

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Million kudos to @Pamellaaa @FlyingKman and @Battenberg for an awesome professional live coverage! I needed to pinch myself a bit to realise I was looking at a live stream of a "game" instead of live footage of an actual race. The broadcast looked ace! Pitty for me my name didn't show correctly as I had to reconnect during qualifying. Stupid me! And I laughed so hard when I was battling for P4 or so and you guys went: "Oh, that's lapped traffic "

Reactions: Tom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread