Split 1 - R1: Red Bull Ring - 16th October 2017 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noisen

Community Member
Reaction score
Well, I had an awfull quallify and race :(. My issue was with the tyres! I couldn't manage to get them on temperature at all specially on quallify... Maybe I have been practicing on hot weather and set up the car wrong. Raising the pressures for the race helped a bit and I had grip after lap 10 but not as I wanted the car to be. I hope to better results on the next race:). I have to say was the cleanest t1 ever ;). Great job with the broadcast guys! See ya soon

stolnikas

Community Member
Reaction score
Wow, what a race! What a start of a season for me! :)

Everything went nearly perfectly for me. I had problems with my wheel during the qualy, so i had to reconnect and managed to fly one perfect lap which gave me pole by 0.038 sec! And what a close qualifying this was, top 20 all within a second :)

Race start was good, after few laps i started building a gap. Had no problems till after the pitstop then @Diluvian started to close the gap. It was only 1 sec at 1:06:16. But then he spun and that was a relief for me :) Although it could have ended badly for me at the 1:08:51. I was lapping @Topsie and he spun in front of me and we made contact. No major damage for me, so i continued and i had 10sec lead over 2nd place at the time. Next lap my engineer told me that my engine is overheating, i checked time to the race end and it was 40secs.. Lucky me, crossed finish line with 144 celsius engine temp and 21 engine damage, which was rising rapidly.

Car felt amazing, no surprises, and no major mistakes. Here is my point of view:

Topsie

Community Member
Reaction score
I was lapping @Topsie and he spun in front of me and we made contact. No major damage for me, so i continued and i had 10sec lead over 2nd place at the time. Next lap my engineer told me that my engine is overheating, i checked time to the race end and it was 40secs.. Lucky me, crossed finish line with 144 celsius engine temp and 21 engine damage, which was rising rapidly.
Thanks for reminding me:) My heart was in my mouth as I felt the rear go..."don't take out the leader...PLEASE don't take out the leader!"...crash:banghead:

Glad it didn't stop you taking the top spot m8. Congrats.

B

Blue Monkey

Lucky me, crossed finish line with 144 celsius engine temp and 21 engine damage, which was rising rapidly.
Deserved luck. Great performance from you.
Btw. you wouldn't have survived another lap, your engine would have blown.

stolnikas

Community Member
Reaction score
Deserved luck. Great performance from you.
Btw. you wouldn't have survived another lap, your engine would have blown.

To be honest, at that moment i did not knew, if it is last lap or is this going to be white flag and i will need to do one more. So i basically made decision to drive and see how it goes.. :D What a relief was to see that race finished and i made it :)

TheDoctor46

Community Member
Reaction score
My highlights from the first race :)

0:12 Racestart
0:25 4 wide through T1
2:05 lost it in T1
2:22 hickup up the hill
2:55 overtake @Noisen
3:15 overtake Philip
4:20 overtake @Elodyr
7:05 bumping @Laiders :(