Split 1 - R2: Brno - 30th July 2018 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
Two rhetorical questions. Is it 5:00 am or pm? And will there be space for the current P6 driver for a guest start :hilarious:(lol P6 still can't believe it)
I'd like to be your guest again, if it's not possible I'd like to offer to support @The Wayfaerer on the stream.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
05:00 hours, 5am, 5 o'clock in the morning :)

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I have one minor concern:
The races will take more than 20/40min due to the wet conditions :)

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I have one minor concern:
The races will take more than 20/40min due to the wet conditions :)
they are planned to run roughly to that length. laptimes will be around the 1:50s

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
they are planned to run roughly to that length. laptimes will be around the 1:50s

Agreed, and lap times in the nurburing were around 1:40 with the same lap count (offset = 10s)

10s x 12laps = 120s = 2 minutes more than the nurburg.
12 laps x 1:50 = 22min

Double for the second race.
With that being said, why not do 11 / 22 laps? :D

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
In case it has been missed, we are starting the briefing earlier than usual to allow the track to 'soak in' for qualifying - this also prevents the unfair nature of the first few people out getting a lap time that nobody will then be able to match. To that end, please make sure that when you practice for qualifying, you wait 15 minutes before going out of the garage, to try and get a closer approximation of the track conditions you will face :)
Wow 15 minutes that quite a lot. Is that the practice for the second quali too?

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
No, these additional 15 minutes are only to let the track soak in and prevent people from getting a head start by going out very early on slicks while the track is still mainly dry.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It's why the briefing is starting early.

I will add a warning here. If anybody tries to sneak a lap in early they WILL get disqualified from the first race, at the very minimum. We are well aware that there is a big advantage in trying to go out early and we are hoping that, by letting the track soak in, everybody will be on as close to a level playing field as possible.

It's either this method or we never run rain in qualifying again and that would be a pity I think.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Agreed, and lap times in the nurburing were around 1:40 with the same lap count (offset = 10s)

10s x 12laps = 120s = 2 minutes more than the nurburg.
12 laps x 1:50 = 22min

Double for the second race.
With that being said, why not do 11 / 22 laps? :D
The format has been set, we cant change it for one person.

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
It's why the briefing is starting early.

I will add a warning here. If anybody tries to sneak a lap in early they WILL get disqualified from the first race, at the very minimum. We are well aware that there is a big advantage in trying to go out early and we are hoping that, by letting the track soak in, everybody will be on as close to a level playing field as possible.

It's either this method or we never run rain in qualifying again and that would be a pity I think.
Dry Quali and Wet race is horrible no question! I just wanted to point out that we will have a 15? min break between sprint race and feature-quali.

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
miagi i think the issue does not apply to rain settings as the track is already soaked from the start...not sure but thats what i think occurs.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Dry Quali and Wet race is horrible no question! I just wanted to point out that we will have a 15? min break between sprint race and feature-quali.
I don't believe so, no but we could get the quali session started as soon as the sprint race finishes, whilst everybody has the usual 5-minute break between races. That will allow the track to soak in a bit more.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Please note that we will open the Feature Race qualifying immediately at the conclusion of the Sprint Race. Whilst everybody takes their 5-minute break, the track will soak-in to try and alleviate the "1st quali lap wins the round" effect of wet qualifying sessions.

As a reminder, the Sprint race qualifying session will open when the briefing starts, 15-minutes ahead of normal. Again, this is to let the track soak-in.

Anybody caught leaving the pit lane and entering the track before we give the go ahead, in either (or both) qualifying session(s), WILL be disqualified from the event. There will be no excuses.

@Alex Salmon @Battenberg @Cluck @Col_McCoy @Damian Hall @Diluvian @F4H Murphy @fab. ICEMAN @Nighttiger @ProjectPD @Puffpirat @SBart_uk @t0daY

@Ashnoom @CatchAGlimpse @drukqs @Dutchtastic @Elodyr @Gosku @kaleeb42 @kobusnell @steveg200 @Stokemon @Taorminator @TX3 Ulti @UnstopaPaul

F4H Murphy

Community Member
Reaction score
It's pretty dark at 5am lol

Front left tyre is getting a serious battering too for the race

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
hold on someone discussed a bit the racing!
i'm finding this season much less interactive than the previous :(...or perhaps this is how things go on split 1.

Anyway: i'm ok with the feature race tyres are manageable. The problem is the light rain on the sprint race...the tyres already start overheated and then its a mess to keep them cool enough...i already have camber at an historical low, as per suggestion of my teammate but even so...not so easy...

Furthermore, the start will be a mess as its kind of a hit or miss to do a good start :D

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
There is something strage going on with Light Rain and Rain in this Event.
I drove the Sprint simulation twice and was pretty happy with everything. Tire holds up well and it is an interesting challenge on top of a lot of fun to drive on the Wets. Cut, Feature race test and the tires wear off like popsicle in the middle of the summer. I have no clue what is happening or why because the difference in track temps is unsignificent.

In green line is the Feature race, I gave myself Light Rain as the 2nd weather slots(I tried Med Clouds before but that means a mostly dry track with a few huge puddles and that kills the wet tire in no time), this is the 3rd try, the others have even bigger tire wear... I was really trying this time! White is Sprint race and pushing! The tires were really done at the end of lap 9, on a session before I tired to finish lap 10 but the lost in time is too big to justify the try.

Below are the tire temps, red-ish is Feature race and White is again the Sprint race. Here you can see that I was pushing it. The tires of Feature race run cooler but at the same time have about twice the wear.

No idea what is going on here but if the 2nd weather slots is anything dry I would go for a 2 stop strategy. If the 2nd slot is slight rain or rain I'm not sure what to do, brobably crawling around is quicker than pushing and stoping twice.

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
There is something strage going on with Light Rain and Rain in this Event.
I drove the Sprint simulation twice and was pretty happy with everything. Tire holds up well and it is an interesting challenge on top of a lot of fun to drive on the Wets. Cut, Feature race test and the tires wear off like popsicle in the middle of the summer. I have no clue what is happening or why because the difference in track temps is unsignificent.

In green line is the Feature race, I gave myself Light Rain as the 2nd weather slots(I tried Med Clouds before but that means a mostly dry track with a few huge puddles and that kills the wet tire in no time), this is the 3rd try, the others have even bigger tire wear... I was really trying this time! White is Sprint race and pushing! The tires were really done at the end of lap 9, on a session before I tired to finish lap 10 but the lost in time is too big to justify the try.

Below are the tire temps, red-ish is Feature race and White is again the Sprint race. Here you can see that I was pushing it. The tires of Feature race run cooler but at the same time have about twice the wear.

No idea what is going on here but if the 2nd weather slots is anything dry I would go for a 2 stop strategy. If the 2nd slot is slight rain or rain I'm not sure what to do, brobably crawling around is quicker than pushing and stoping twice.
Yes I noticed the same behaviour myself. Were you running an offline race simulation or quali?

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
Yes I noticed the same behaviour myself. Were you running an offline race simulation or quali?
Both offline Races with standing start and the setting of Sprint resp. Feature race.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Have a free day, will do some testing later as well. But this looks quite "interesting"^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread