Split 1 - R2: Imola - 23rd October 2017 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The video, just very unfortunate, bad luck and no bad intentions. This is Gxbbs perspective:

Looks like the person who went onto the grass lost control as they counter steered to try and remain in control so racing incident nothing worth pursuing i believe

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
Looks like the person who went onto the grass lost control as they counter steered to try and remain in control so racing incident nothing worth pursuing i believe
Thats what makes it more frustrating. I mean in the grand scheme of things I didn't do too bad but I could have done a lot better and there is nothing that can be done to fix it. Oh well, onwards and uipwards I suppose, I'll just have to do better at fuji ;)

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thats what makes it more frustrating. I mean in the grand scheme of things I didn't do too bad but I could have done a lot better and there is nothing that can be done to fix it. Oh well, onwards and uipwards I suppose, I'll just have to do better at fuji ;)
well it wasn't your fault, there was enough of a gap for you to go into that corner 3 wide. i think i was 3 wide further up or at least side by side with stolnikas through that corner. you did pretty well to recover from that with damage. like i said earlier, whats done is done, now u have to focus on the next race and take what you guys have learnt from yesterday and work on improving it.

Col_McCoy

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Quick review: after not being able to do a descent qualifying lap due to multiple mistakes of myself, most of them induced by my uncertainty of what other drivers in front of me were going to do when letting me pass by, I still had at least a top 10 qualifying. Got myself in a few spins, especially due to close racing and once trying to stay within track limits too much. In the end a rewarding P5, allthough there would have been a lot more potential. Otherwise also lucky that some front drivers also had their difficulties/crashes/spins.

As for track limits, I reviewed my replay (of myself and some others). First of all I think everybody can learn watching their own replay. Just run it x5 and the chase cam and you'll see your own track limits.
As I did with myself, I also looked at the 2 guys in front of me. Why? During the race I reminded one of them and since with the 5x forward it does not cost you much time, I also choose to look at the other guy as he was driving a long time on his own.

So, @TheDoctor46 can you please review your own footage and take a special look at the exit of the chicane (Variante Alta) and also both Rivazza corners (last 2).
@Vernux, please look at your replay and take a special look at the exit of Villeneuve and also the exit of turn 10 in Aque Minerali.
If I'm not mistaken, you will know what I mean.
Just to make sure, I myself also had a few track limit situations. The difference is, that it's sometimes some corner and never like more than 3 laps in a row in the same corner.
If we are not told nicely, we'll never learn ;-).
1024px-Imola.svg.png

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
Quick review: after not being able to do a descent qualifying lap due to multiple mistakes of myself, most of them induced by my uncertainty of what other drivers in front of me were going to do when letting me pass by, I still had at least a top 10 qualifying. Got myself in a few spins, especially due to close racing and once trying to stay within track limits too much. In the end a rewarding P5, allthough there would have been a lot more potential. Otherwise also lucky that some front drivers also had their difficulties/crashes/spins.
I hope my brief input helped you with your setup :)

TheDoctor46

Community Member
Reaction score
Anyone fancy owning up to causing the crash at turn 1?
The person in question is me and having a look at the footage I think it's sensible to apology to you as well. :( Was really an odd situation I ran into but couldnt do much as soon as I hit the grass. Car got a hideous jolt to the right I couldnt counter. As said already, no bad intention or anything alike, just really bad luck from all parties involved. :dead:

Heres my live view (sorry recorded the wrong audio source)

Partially to answer Col_McCoys question I reviewed my race and couldnt find much spots where I've overdone tracklimits. Dunno if its the replays or my poor judgement. The ones I found tho where purely due to my very early pitting and me not beeing able to get temperature into the tires (had hard installed) hence loosing the car quite often. However there were a few cases where I thought I was still within the white lines after loosing it again, but from the replays perspective I wasnt. I guess I need to rethink the dimensions of the car or start driving with roof cam o_O Speaking about odd movement in replays, have a look at what @Hujkis car is doing :jimlad:

Last edited:

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
The person in question is me and having a look at the footage I think it's sensible to apology to you as well. :( Was really an odd situation I ran into but couldnt do much as soon as I hit the grass. Car got a hideous jolt to the right I couldnt counter. As said already, no bad intention or anything alike, just really bad luck from all parties involved. :dead:

Heres my live view (sorry recorded the wrong audio source)

Partially to answer Col_McCoys question I reviewed my race and couldnt find much spots where I've overdone tracklimits. Dunno if its the replays or my poor judgement. The ones I found tho where purely due to my very early pitting and me not beeing able to get temperature into the tires (had hard installed) hence loosing the car quite often. However there were a few cases where I thought I was still within the white lines after loosing it again, but from the replays perspective I wasnt. I guess I need to rethink the dimensions of the car or start driving with roof cam o_O Speaking about odd movement in replays, have a look at what @Hujkis car is doing :jimlad:

yeah, if you could read my earlier post, that would be great

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread