Split 1 - R2: Silverstone - 12th March 2018 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
^^^ certainly seems that way. We ran some tests immediately following Patch 4 release and weather was in sync for everybody :).

Cornworld

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Second race and again technical issues. Few days hard work and a good QA down the drain. Can't be bordered anymore at this moment. I'll give it a few days but at the moment Project Cars can .......

Diluvian

Community Member
Reaction score
Great race guys, first time watching the whole stream and there was a lot of action going through the whole field. Very well done @t0daY and @The Wayfaerer! Nice talking through the whole race ;).

Congratz to @Puffpirat for P1 and very nice pace from @ProjectPD, starting from last place, spun several times but still made it up to P2, very well done!

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
An interesting race. Not a lot of practice for me unfortunately and not one of my strong tracks (even in the dry) so wasn't sure what to expect. Only P26 in qualifying which was a bit worrying but I was initially on my wet setup, later switching to the default stable setup to try and improve.

A chaotic start saw me get bogged a bit in the pack while still getting to grips with the car so I decided to pit very early to get out of the chaos which worked quite well. I seemed to have good pace compared the those around me in the wet (especially the understeering Fords) when I came out so I was able to claw back some time. Over the course of the race I kept it relatively clean while I tried to chase down @steveg200 (unsuccessfully) and jumped a lot of people in the stops.

A final finish of P11 was better than expected and much closer to the target I set for myself. A good double points finish for Meaty Treat Racing! Bring on more P8-P12 finishes!

SBart_uk

Community Member
Reaction score
Not a great one for me. Struggled in Qually and could only do 1 lap at a time with tyres overheating but for some reason couldn't put a decent one together after being quick earlier on. So was a bit disappointed with a high 57.
As for the race those wet tyres do not agree with me at all... any attempt to push meant they overheated almost instantly so all I could do was sit behind Alex and hope for a mistake. We both made a few but I could never really see a safe way past.
I got held up quite badly a few laps before my pitstop and lost a lot of time & then I realised I'd never practiced entering the pits. As I went in I hit the puddle which put me into the wall giving me some damage and let Iceman into P3. I tried to catch him after the pitstop but whenever I got close just had to back off again as the tyres just became too dangerous and I was so close to an accident.
So I settled for P4 and am not too unhappy as it could have been a lot worse. I don't think I'd made it more than about 7 laps in practice without cooking the tyres.
Looking forward to the next one, only have about 5 laps in total there but am hoping it will be harder on the tyres and force everyone onto hards ;)

P.S weird that when it rains the track is 20f degrees hotter....

Last edited:

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Whew! That was hard work. I had one of those blissful zen nirvana laps in qualifying to put the car in P4. The car was such a joy throughout the whole of sector 2, especially in maggots and beckets. Sadly my qualifying performance may have set expectations too high for the race, as my wet pace wasn't as strong as those around me.

On my way down the order I had some enjoyable battles with @Vernux and @Jamesl91, and made a few mistakes along the way - most notably spinning & crashing in the pit lane entry with 5 mins to go. Leaving the pits with a bunch of front aero and some engine damage, I was able to keep a safe gap to @steveg200, who would have probably had me with a few more laps. A good drive from @SillySausage helped bag us some valuable points for Team Meaty Treat. After today's qualifying performance, I'm feeling pretty excited for Sakitto - bring it on!

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That was a tough race! Had 30+ front damage after turn 3/4 on lap 1 after @steveg200 rejoined the track after being ran out wide by @CrisBCros causing 4 cars to collide into turn 4. Thought I could race on with the damage but in the end it was losing me too much time. Ended up 20th, was hoping for points but onto the next one!

Congrats to my teammate @fab. ICEMAN on the podium - well deserved!

Last edited:

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
The truth be told it wasn't the race I'd like to remember. Rain is definitely not my favorite weather type :) I managed to make somewhat driveable setup just couple hours before the race but still I struggled a lot in some wet and slow parts of the track, especially in the Brooklands and Luffield. Then I messed up with my pit window, I wanted to go in for new set of tyres in the middle of the race, but I was so into driving that I remembered about it 10 minutes later than I should've. And here was my biggest mistake: the puddle in the pit entrance threw my car into the wall and I had to spend more time in the box for repairs :( (23 to rear aero damage and 7 to rear right suspension). After the pits my car felt ok but I was so frustrated after bad pit entrance that I simply couldn't find my pace anymore.
@Elodyr, thanks for nice fights, you were faster than me in some turns but I managed not to give you an open gate for overtake ;)
@Hujkis I enjoyed following you in the end of the race, unfortunately for me it looks like my ferrari struggles more on braking than your brand new porsche rsr :)
@Nada please don't do such aggressive brake tests in the forming lap! It's not nice at all!

Fatih Kursat

Community Member
Reaction score
Last time practise not for me. i did a lot of setups and picked the wrong one.
Starting sweet soft tires :) i realized that after the start first lap.
After that i want to finish nothing more.

steveg200

RSR Academy
Reaction score
That was a tough race! Had 30+ front damage after turn 3/4 on lap 1 after @steveg200 rejoined the track after being ran out wide by @CrisBCros causing 4 cars to collide into turn 4. Thought I could race on with the damage but in the end it was losing me too much time. Ended up 20th, was hoping for points but onto the next one!

Congrats to my teammate @fab. ICEMAN on the podium - well deserved!

Im sorry @CatchAGlimpse if my rejoin caused you to get damage,as you can see from this replay i thought i had at least a cars width to rejoin as i saw @Eugene Flerko moving over to give me room to rejoin

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
Congrats @Puffpirat and @ProjectPD!
Thanks @t0daY and @The Wayfaerer for the stream!

Most enjoyable race for me ever. Even though I'm not able to compete with the fastest guys, it was absolute fun.
I was loving the 911, the rain, the opponents, everything...[1]

I got bumped into in first corner, ran wide a few times, did a mandatory wall crash in pit entry and did a nice spin in Becketts in last couple of minutes - that spin cost me one position, so I finished in P15. Couldn't be happier.

[1]...well except the usual, my stupid brake pedal and no head tracking. Do you guys know any good solution, experience for head tracking for people who can't afford a gtx 1080ti for VR? trackir, trackhat, opentrack...

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
Do you guys know any good solution, experience for head tracking for people who can't afford a gtx 1080ti for VR? trackir, trackhat, opentrack...
Acceptable quality of head tracking (and very cheap):
1) a camera supporting 60-90fps (Sony PS-eye camera is excellent for this). Even better if the camera is capable to "see" IR leds
2) three-point led "fork" (http://headtracker.co.uk/shop/gaming-head-tracker-usb-clip/). IR LEDs are superb as you don't need to worry about the lighting in your room, but normal white LEDs are also OK (I used normal lights)
3) Opentrack software

Video (in Russian only)

I used exactly same device as shown in the video above for about a year (till the moment I got my Oculus Rift) and it really works great in all games with cockpit view. The only problem is to get used to a fact that you have to turn your head while your eyes are still pointed at the monitor. But I must admit the adaptation is quick.

Last edited:

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
If TrackIR is too expensive I'd recommend Trackhat Clip, I am using that myself. The delan stuff looks quite fragile with the open wires...

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
[snip...] don't need to worry about the lighting in your room, [...snip]
Caution here! If the camera catches light from another IR-emitting light source than the LEDs, the tracking won't work. I had to fiddle quite a lot with the camera (for playing at daytime) so that light reflections coming through the window are not registered by the camera. My wifes table lamp also causes trouble when switched on, because her desk is behind mine and the camera picks up its light.

SteveO916

Community Member
Reaction score
have a look at Edtracker or Edtracker Pro(wireless version) - not effected by lighting, no external sensors needed, and only weighs 1.5g.

https://www.edtracker.co.uk/

I'm a cheapskate and did loads of research into this and it's what I ended up with..(even splashed out on the wireless one!!)

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
have a look at Edtracker or Edtracker Pro(wireless version) - not effected by lighting, no external sensors needed, and only weighs 1.5g.

https://www.edtracker.co.uk/

I'm a cheapskate and did loads of research into this and it's what I ended up with..(even splashed out on the wireless one!!)

Thanks everyone. I'm a cheapskate too, and since I have some infra led's at home, I'm thinking about 3Dprinting something like this, and buying ps eye or using wiimote I got lying around. ...probably better to some vacation for this though :D

EDIT: this guy is a head tracking hero :D :D :D
EDIT2: aaand I've ordered this http://hobbycomponents.com/home/440-diy-head-tracker-bundle#/kit_options-pro_micro_mpu_9250_s
Thanks @Yammie916 !

Last edited:

TheDoctor46

Community Member
Reaction score
Rather meh recap but there wasnt much hiccups ongoing. Had a Q to forget due to wet setup :rolleyes: Race was strong even tho I had some moments which I'll remember as racing incidents :cool: Nonetheless I found my way to the finish line...w/ 20litres left in the tank :D:D:D (better safe than sorry?). Thanks to my mate @miagi for his setup help, this guy a genius...no kidding!!! Viva la 469ers!

Thanks again for the seamless organisation and the words from Manu (which were due tbh) :) Now looking forward to sakitto.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread