Split 1 - R3: Fuji - 6th November 2017 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm almost sure he means the weird grip behaviour when driving over an curb which isn't just flat. We already had problems with that in pcars1. I don't know how the cars behave when driving over the curbs at Fuji but the car is very unstable and wobbles around like a Matchbox car :D

Well that could be damper or spring settings aswell?

Diluvian

Community Member
Reaction score
Hm at least I've experienced this with a lot of cars during the developement. It's propably a tire physics solver issue which can't handle sharp edges (curb) very well but that is just an assumption, too. But let's get back the word to Dutchtastic, maybe he means something completely different.

[e] real life footage from super gt shows that they drive over the curbs without any issues at all.

Last edited:

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
Hm at least I've experienced this with a lot of cars during the developement. It's propably a tire physics solver issue which can't handle sharp edges (curb) very well but that is just an assumption, too. But let's get back the word to Dutchtastic, maybe he means something completely different.

[e] real life footage from super gt shows that they drive over the curbs without any issues at all.

But super GT cars are hardly the same cars as the ones we are driving, and I suspect they have been tuned to handle such things. However I must say I encouter the odd wobble here and there when running on curbs.

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
What do you mean by that @Dutchtastic? I don't understand the physics issue with the curbs, can you explain that more?

The handling over kerbs in any car on pCars is beyond my comprehension. It's disturbing to see a car lose so much speed and control just by that. The kerbs shouldn't even be that high there to even cause an F1 car to bottom out there:

G

Gopher04

Well for me Manu as I was the one that suffered from it, in a straight line my inside wheels were riding the curb, and then for no apparent reason just through me right violently, it doesn't look as bad on the vid but it was inside, now I know on some curbs here with this car some you had to try and avoid, but this one was just silly, it just seems over the top for the reaction from it.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
What is the video supposed to show? The guy is avoiding every exit curb...

Maybe goph was running a pretty open diff, rear wheel slipped, boom.

If you think the physics are so bad, post it on the official forum.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Also it is F3 and not F1 :punch:

G

Gopher04

Maybe goph was running a pretty open diff, rear wheel slipped, boom.

All I know is I haven't touched the Diff settings Puff, so is that open or closed?

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
All I know is I haven't touched the Diff settings Puff, so is that open or closed?
Stable or loose base setup? Stable is rather open.

But anyway driving over curbs is something the car doesn’t like, it’s just better to drive around it, literally ;)

G

Gopher04

Yeh the base of my sets are stable, so open then, don't get me wrong I know this car isn't overly keen on the curbs, but that one was quite strange anyway..;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread