Split 1 - R3: Fuji - 6th November 2017 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That's a quali setup remember, so most likely from closing the radiator a bit.

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Good luck you all for tonight. And especially @Cluck - beat 'em mate! :D

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Damn! I won't be able to make it tonight, was supposed to be getting my hardware back today, but it has been held up in customs and I won't be getting it delivered until tomorrow now. :(

SharkyOB

Community Member
Reaction score
Really sorry guys, can't make it tonight now as I have to cover a training day tomorrow at work due to a colleague being off. Means I'll have to be away from home tonight. Gutted as I like the track too :(

Diluvian

Community Member
Reaction score
@Cluck where you getting that top end from?

Except low radiator you can use low camber which gains topspeed a lot :).

I've done some research and changes in toe, ride height, tire pressures, springs etc. don't have much effect on topspeed. Only radiator and camber change it significantly (that's at least what I found out with the Cayman).

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score

I've done some research and changes in toe, ride height, tire pressures, springs etc. don't have much effect on topspeed. Only radiator and camber change it significantly (that's at least what I found out with the Cayman).
Do you really want to sacrifice cornering speed for straight line speed though?

Diluvian

Community Member
Reaction score
That depends on the track and your racestrategy I think. My current setup works fine as long as I'm driving alone but my topspeed isn't the best. For the race it's propably advantageous to change the setup a bit towards topspeed to have more chances overtaking others and / or protect your position at the long straights. I didn't go the topspeed way @Imola and wasn't able to follow the cars in front of me even when I was in slipstream xD - I will not go this way again.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Camber? Ha, the day I mess with camber will be the day I finally know what I'm doing in setups (ie, never!) :D. As it happens, the setup I'm using for the race is only marginally different to the setup I ran at Red Bull Ring, which itself was only marginally different to the setup I used for the two time-trial rounds :)

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
I did some laps in race conditions and was comfortable in the mid-1m45s at the start of the race - if I pushed, then I could do a 1m45-flat on the 1st flying lap of the race session. With low fuel, mid-1m44s times were comfortable too. I suspect we will see a 1m43 in quali.

I'm currently looking at 1.46-1.47. The car is just not behaving as I would like, lots of understeer, combined with some oversteer.
Willing to sell my soul for working setup for this stupid car. It is killing the fun for me, knowing good setup can make seconds a lap easily and I just can't do it.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Hujkis - if you're struggling, do what I did and grab somebody's setup from time-trial and tweak to your liking :D

I wasn't happy with the car setup for the time-trial so I gave one of the front-runner's setups a whirl. I still didn't like it so I did what I always do, I dragged some sliders around at random and somehow found something I was immediately happy with. The only tweaks I've made since the time-trial are to tyre pressures and radiator (opening it back up for the races).

Through the long right-hander, I have to back off, I cannot go through there flat-out. Maybe with some careful tweaking of the suspension and tyre pressures, I could go a little faster but I have neither the time nor the inclination to tweak to that level. Once I find something I am half-comfortable with, I stick with it and drive around any setup failings :).

Alex Salmon

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm currently looking at 1.46-1.47. The car is just not behaving as I would like, lots of understeer, combined with some oversteer.
Willing to sell my soul for working setup for this stupid car. It is killing the fun for me, knowing good setup can make seconds a lap easily and I just can't do it.
I have exactly the same problem with the car, Ive only fixed my pedal issue yesterday and got about an hour of testing in. But to me you need at least a good 4 hours of testing to get the thing working and when you don't have a good balance out the box it really does suck the enjoyment out of it, looking forward to taking this car into a field and burning it at the end of the season xD

Nebs

Community Member
Reaction score
Can't make the race tonight guys having to stay late at work:( Sorry see you next week.

Topsie

Community Member
Reaction score
I can't make this evening for reasons out of my hands. Hours of practice wasted again - not a happy bunny!

@t0daY sorry partner :(

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
ss212023.jpg

ss211602.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread