Split 1 - R3: Fuji - 6th November 2017 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Great driving everyone. I took every occasion to overtake whenever someone made a mistake :D. Had to give up my P9 to @Gxbbs and P10 to @stolnikas and finished P11. But I'm still happy with that result! :)

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
Great driving everyone. I took every occasion to overtake whenever someone made a mistake :D. Had to give up my P9 to @Gxbbs and P10 to @stolnikas and finished P11. But I'm still happy with that result! :)
I was on a mission lol

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Project Cars please .. how can a car lose control over a kerb like this?

And yes, he did bounce back on track into my path.
So disappointed since I could have been able to keep up with these guys. Again proper physics that screw over a race.

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well, what a week for me it was. From hero to zero :). I did my first couple of laps during qualifying having driven the LMP2 around this track in RFactor2 during the last week. Qualifying went actually better than I expected, although I didn't know the car/track combo and was looking for braking points during quali and the race. Sadly after qualifying I made one mistake: I forgot to load the correct setup, so I was running on default setup. Started as P18 and found myself in P10 after the first lap. The overtake on @stolnikas and @t0daY was quite spectacular....and close hadn't Manu made room for me! After that I overtook @Elodyr into T10. At the beginning of L3 I lost the car in T1 as I encountered the biggest issue with the default setup: the rear steps out under braking. I resumed almost dead last and started racing again. Then I spun out again under braking and decided to make an early pitstop around 15 minutes into the race. I got my fresh tires, but also some damage I got from the spin got repaired. This cost me so much time that I got lapped. Resumed the race, until I spun behind @Elodyr in T3 and got huge engine damage. Struggled back to the pits only to blow up the engine in the pits 20 meters before my pitbox. The only thing I could do then was retire to the pits as my car was stationary in front of another pitbox and I didn't want to occupy that spot in case someone had to make a pitstop.

In the end my race was fun, but also sucked big time. I'm a little bit mad with myself for making the mistake not choosing the correct setup. Sadly that wasn't the case. As always I will be back for the next race determined to have a good race and score some valuable points.

Thanx to @t0daY @Cluck @Ashnoom @Elodyr @jamesl91 @Gxbbs and others that I've forgotten to mention for a simply brilliant after race session. Those car crashes were so funny and that Turkey sound........I just couldn't stop laughing and @Gxbbs made it even worse as I kept on laughing hearing him laughing!

Thanx @Pamellaaa @FlyingKman and @Battenberg for doing an awesome job on the commentary. I'm not a native English speaker and hearing the professional commentary just makes me enjoy the live stream even more. It's like watching a real race. Kudos man!

Diluvian

Community Member
Reaction score
Again brilliant live stream and commentary from @FlyingKman @Pamellaaa @Battenberg.

@Puffpirat and @Alex Salmon were very fast and it was a pleasure to race with you. Congrats again to Puffi who again showed his consistency and driving skills at its best ;). @Alex Salmon did you see me cutting track or doing stuff worth for beeing investigated? I know I cut the second corner (gone wide) twice but I lost more time doing that than gaining anything (once I lifted throttle).

I don't know what to say .. @t0daY again did such a good race with so little practice. Respect :)

And congratz to my teammate @TheDoctor46 who still made it to P7 even with spinning twice :) - We are propably P1 in Team Championship now? :)

Col_McCoy

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Cluck sorry for my celebration after start/finish line. I will leave it for next time, as I saw the consequences on the stream, which ofcourse was not wanted to happen!
I guess you had damage from the hit with Alex and therefor lost straight line speed, or speed at all?

@Alex Salmon, here is the small view of the replay, as I said I don't care as you in the end finished behind me, but even if you get dragged on the curb, it's the risk you take when stepping on the gas 'too early'.
video: (it's not public)

@t0daY just a great battle with you mate. What a difference in setup can do to a race, was nice to have such beautiful fair fight.
And to everybody, good racing, I had 0 damage so it was really clean!

My video is processing and coming soon:

And ofcourse @Battenberg, @FlyingKman and @Pamellaaa many many thanks for the live stream. Just rewatched it and awesome coverage! Ofcourse that's easy to say if your face is on camera for the last few laps, but still lovely to see an overview from you guys!
Also great commentary in the end, I think it really gives a depth and insight getting some drivers in the booth and have some comments. Especially with the things happening between James and Alex, it's always nice to hear some POV's. So thanks to getting everybody in the booth and thanks to the guys in the booth to give an honest and fair comment.

Last edited:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Cluck sorry for my celebration after start/finish line. I will leave it for next time, as I saw the consequences on the stream, which ofcourse was not wanted to happen!
I guess you had damage from the hit with Alex and therefor lost straight line speed, or speed at all?

@Alex Salmon, here is the small view of the replay, as I said I don't care as you in the end finished behind me, but even if you get dragged on the curb, it's the risk you take when stepping on the gas 'too early'.
video: (it's not public)

@t0daY just a great battle with you mate. What a difference in setup can do to a race, was nice to have such beautiful fair fight.
And to everybody, good racing, I had 0 damage so it was really clean!

My video is processing and coming soon:

And ofcourse @Battenberg, @FlyingKman and @Pamellaaa many many thanks for the live stream. Just rewatched it and awesome coverage! Ofcourse that's easy to say if your face is on camera for the last few laps, but still lovely to see an overview from you guys!
Also great commentary in the end, I think it really gives a depth and insight getting some drivers in the booth and have some comments. Especially with the things happening between James and Alex, it's always nice to hear some POV's. So thanks to getting everybody in the booth and thanks to the guys in the booth to give an honest and fair comment.
No need to apologise fella, once the race is done I don't care what happens - I've done enough spins across the line in the past myself :D.

Was a great last half-dozen laps with yourself and @t0daY :)

G

Gopher04

Project Cars please .. how can a car lose control over a kerb like this?

And yes, he did bounce back on track into my path.
So disappointed since I could have been able to keep up with these guys. Again proper physics that screw over a race.

Yep totally agree m8, it was me by the way, in the vid it looks so subtle, but the pull on my wheel as the rear left hit the kerb was just ridiculous, so sorry for you when it then bounced me back across the track, I closed my eyes at that point, some how the pit crew managed to repair it, but even though it was turned off they refuelled the car to the brim so for the rest of the race had a heavy load, and like you I had pace for the race, I did get a small luv tap from Mo I think in turn 1, which then pushed me into someone else but nothing serious at that point, turn 1 looked like abit of a mess from my view, 4 wide for most of it, but the width of the track does encourage it though, congrats to the podiums guys..

Alex Salmon

Community Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but i wouldn't say there's an advantage there? if you look i actually loose ground if anything, I don't see how even if I did beat you it would be anything to complain about as I dropped back on you?

And I also have to apologise to @jamesl91 after our crash, I had a slight stutter like you get when people are joining a p2p lobby and my car collided with his while side by side on the straight... :(

Col_McCoy

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well in my oppinion it's normally you loose ground, as you are on the outside for the turn. But because of the excessive speed you take with you (thus running wide, even if we are just talking about a few cm's), you gain the momentum for the next corner. We know what happened after... you had a lot more speed and overtook me. The reason for the speed difference is that I did not took so much speed in the corner, because I gave you enough room.
Anyway, I don't want to bitch too much about it ;-), but something to keep in mind for next time. Maybe I should have been more aggressive and 'pushed' you out? But I don't think that's what we want to see here...

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Gopher, we never touched on the first lap I think. Check out my replay from 24m30s and up for the start shenanigans . I overtook you actually before the first corner where I got tapped from behind by a white-orange car. From then on we were never closer than 5 seconds from each other.
Yep totally agree m8, it was me by the way, in the vid it looks so subtle, but the pull on my wheel as the rear left hit the kerb was just ridiculous, so sorry for you when it then bounced me back across the track, I closed my eyes at that point, some how the pit crew managed to repair it, but even though it was turned off they refuelled the car to the brim so for the rest of the race had a heavy load, and like you I had pace for the race, I did get a small luv tap from Mo I think in turn 1, which then pushed me into someone else but nothing serious at that point, turn 1 looked like abit of a mess from my view, 4 wide for most of it, but the width of the track does encourage it though, congrats to the podiums guys..

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
Thanks for great race, great stream and the amazing pit crew that decided to prepare for pit stop on the main straight :D
I got some points, yaaay.

I really hate this car and was changing the setup until the start of the qualifying. Finally got it to decent pace, but the car was a handful, to say at least. I had to work so hard to just keep it on track, never mind hitting any apex. Felt like the car was driving me, not the other way around.

I was actually glad that I had 1% engine damage while going to pits, and @t0daY went before me in the pit lane due to the repairs. I was stressed enough trying not to crash, seeing Manu closing rapidly in the rear-view mirror didn't help :D

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but i wouldn't say there's an advantage there? if you look i actually loose ground if anything, I don't see how even if I did beat you it would be anything to complain about as I dropped back on you?

Well I think that the case is, that you went over the track limits by accident and you overtook him after that. The fact that you dropped back at the end of the race doesn't change much about this particular situation I guess.

Col_McCoy

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@MelBonkers great start! Nice to see your view of the 'so-called' dive-bomb. I can understand why it looked like that from the outside, but from your inside view it's perfectly nailed (maybe with a bit of risk ofcourse :p).
Sorry to see you spin at such a good position and unable to rejoin the track with so many people closing up behind

G

Gopher04

Gopher, we never touched on the first lap I think. Check out my replay from 24m30s and up for the start shenanigans . I overtook you actually before the first corner where I got tapped from behind by a white-orange car. From then on we were never closer than 5 seconds from each other.

Sorry Mo, my mistake I must of miss heard you when we spoke briefly on TS last night, yes you were fine and clean on the right of me, but as I said it was only a slight tap by someone else but it wasn't a problem..

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score

That small nudge was me, I expected a slowdown into the first corner but not that slow. Apologies for that!

Yep totally agree m8, it was me by the way, in the vid it looks so subtle, but the pull on my wheel as the rear left hit the kerb was just ridiculous, so sorry for you when it then bounced me back across the track.

pCars has a history of bad physics over kerbs and it's proven once again. It's not your fault ;)
Just a shame that crucial physics like that are not properly done.

Alex Salmon

Community Member
Reaction score
Well I think that the case is, that you went over the track limits by accident and you overtook him after that. The fact that you dropped back at the end of the race doesn't change much about this particular situation I guess.
No , I meant I drop back and loose momentum on the curb as I lose grip

@Alex Salmon did you see me cutting track or doing stuff worth for beeing investigated? I know I cut the second corner (gone wide) twice but I lost more time doing that than gaining anything (once I lifted throttle).
No you were fine mate, it was a great battle, mistakes are mistakes :D

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

And I also have to apologise to @jamesl91 after our crash, I had a slight stutter like you get when people are joining a p2p lobby and my car collided with his while side by side on the straight... :(
No worries, was quite annoyed by it at the time, so much so I slowed to let puffy past so I didn’t have to do another lap lol. I watched the replays and it appeared u turned into me but we can discuss it later. I won’t be taking it further!

Last edited:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That small nudge was me, I expected a slowdown into the first corner but not that slow. Apologies for that!

pCars has a history of bad physics over kerbs and it's proven once again. It's not your fault ;)
Just a shame that crucial physics like that are not properly done.

What do you mean by that @Dutchtastic? I don't understand the physics issue with the curbs, can you explain that more?

Diluvian

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm almost sure he means the weird grip behaviour when driving over an curb which isn't just flat. We already had problems with that in pcars1. I don't know how the cars behave when driving over the curbs at Fuji but the car is very unstable and wobbles around like a Matchbox car :D (experienced that in last corner, ffb is going wild, tractioncontrol's heavily working, car jumps/floats around )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread