Split 1 - R3: Laguna Seca - 6th August 2018 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaleeb42

Community Member
Reaction score
I have had little time to practice and to be honest my motivation to race is pretty low right now. I'm very discouraged with my lack of pace compared to the rest of the people in this split. I've also had some on and off issues with my shitty pedals, so altogether, I'm not enjoying Project CARS much right now.

I plan on putting in more time for Catalunya so I can be more confident going into that race. Sorry @ProjectPD for being a poor excuse of a team mate.

All that said, I will not be racing today.

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hey, sorry on a last min camping trip with friends and won't be back home in time for race start (I've been offered more beer).

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hey, sorry on a last min camping trip with friends and won't be back home in time for race start (I've been offered more beer).

It is always something last minute right? ;)

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It is always something last minute right? ;)

At the min yeah. Got a summer free with no work. I'm not saying no to anything that sounds fun!

SBart_uk

Community Member
Reaction score
Totally gutted! I removed a few usb's before the start of the briefing and for some reason that caused my rift to not be able to find my sensors...so i rebooted.
Ever since i got my wheel i've had to go through a weird process to get the computer to register it correctly. it always registers as "Thrustmaster FFB Wheel" the first time i plug it in so what i have had to do is to uninstall and delete drivers from device manager then plug it in and it would usually see it correctly then a reboot and it works. for some reason today this stopped working :mad::mad::mad: and caused me to miss the races as the wheel is not usable if its not registered correctly.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
My apologies to @F4H Murphy in the feature race. I saw you behind and slowed, well off-line, to let you unlap yourself and just as I called out to say "go past", you had closed up right behind me and made contact. My fault entirely and I can only apologise, I was trying to get out of your way as quickly and obviously as possible :(

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
YYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEESS !!! P4 !!! WOOOOHHOOOOOO xD

Reactions: Tom

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Wreckavoidance delivered people a P5 in these races.
I've seen more carparts flying around in these 2 races then the past 2 years on iRacing.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I've seen more carparts flying around in these 2 races then the past 2 years on iRacing.
Yup, a P5 and a P7. My main skill was watching 3 cars ahead and limiting silliness. My pace really didn't match up, but I guess familiarity with the interesting track conditions made up for it. Race report after I've managed to look through my footage.

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
Mhh yes iRacing is much better...

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Mhh yes iRacing is much better...

That guy got a 4 week racing ban from iRacing (again)
Just saying that standards should be a bit higher here as I've had clear vision from what happened in front of me

Last edited:

steveg200

RSR Academy
Reaction score

Well that went well

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
How not to start :( Sprint Race
I had the 4th fastest lap time in that race in the end :arghh:

How to start well :) Feature Race

Last edited:

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Despite avoiding all the lap 1 mayhem in both races, those were some scrappy races for me. I threw away a P6 finish in race 1, and made my life harder in race 2 with a late spin into the wall. Gutted for my teammate @steveg200, who was not as lucky at the starts. Apologies for the side nudge in race 2 before T1, but another car was involved. Still fairly happy to get some healthy points on the table. Still glad I voted for this track though, a lovely combo (albeit through gritted teeth).

7:40 - Qualy 1 fast lap (P16)
14:15 - Race 1 start. Scrappy 1st lap, down as low as 18th, but somehow ended up P11 by lap 2.
17:20 - Up to P10.
19:00 - Little fight for P9.
24:50 - 2 car incident promotes me to P7.
25:05 - Up to P6.
28:35 - Spin 1, down to P7.
29:50 - Spin 2, down to P9.
34:55 - Finished in P9.

45:00 - Qualy 2 fast lap (P15)
55:45 - Race 2 start. Some initial contact with my teammate & another car before T1, lucky to get no damage. Survived further mayhem and end up P8 by the end of the lap.
58:45 - Up to P7. For the next few laps I struggled with the balance of the car, so I spent some time tweaking the ARBs.
1:01:20 - P8 closes up while I struggle with car balance, need to start defending my position.
1:03:30 - Car behind spins, my position is safe.
1:09:00 - Car ahead pits, I start pushing to protect my position from the undercut.
1:13:35 - I press the wrong button, thinking it was pitstop request.
1:13:45 - Pitstop for fuel & tyres. Slight delay with a stalled engine but came out in P8, ahead of the undercutting car.
1:16:05 - A big moment with a lapping car behind, lucky to escape without any harm done.
1:16:45 - Up to P7.
1:17:55 - Up to P6.
1:26:50 - Spin, down to P7. Light damage to the front. I decide to try and bring it home.
1:30:55 - Car ahead disconnects, up to P6 again.
1:36:20 - Finished in P6.

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
what can i say.

avoided carnage on Race 1 but didnt realize that suddendly on a race DRS was no good on the kink at the pit straight. Lost the car slightly there to hit the only remaining cone.

race 2, probably jump started the start (replay stays always green so it is impossible to tell) had to break because i could pass between to cars...got bumped on the left side car swerved to the right and i ended ashnooms race. Sorry m8.

Pitstop: what can i say....my pit was the first one after the tight left-hander. didnt see it...so i did one drive through and then pitted on the next lap almost out of fuel.

Even so, was on P7 until the last corner where i had an altercation with @Taorminator...terminal damage car stoped 20meters from the finish line. DNF.

Hurray.

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Got lucky in the sprint race with the start with the 1st lap carnage helping build a cushion to the people I qualified around. Managed to get a 6th place which was good and aimed to repeat in the feature race.

In the feature race I had a terrible start which I think was the catalyst for the incidents that followed behind. The light blue car behind in particular looked caught out but it was move to the left or @Elodyr was going for a flying lesson! Made a few mistakes but managed to get up to 6th after @Battenbergs late spin.. then with 3/4 laps to go my connection gave way and I was disconnected :(

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Event summary:

Race 1 - Finished P4 although my car felt completely different and I was nearly 2 seconds off the pace.
Race 2 - 100% front wing damage and around 80 suspension damage on the rear before turn 2.

Looking forward to the next race, yeeeey ...

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
what can i say.

avoided carnage on Race 1 but didnt realize that suddendly on a race DRS was no good on the kink at the pit straight. Lost the car slightly there to hit the only remaining cone.

race 2, probably jump started the start (replay stays always green so it is impossible to tell) had to break because i could pass between to cars...got bumped on the left side car swerved to the right and i ended ashnooms race. Sorry m8.

Pitstop: what can i say....my pit was the first one after the tight left-hander. didnt see it...so i did one drive through and then pitted on the next lap almost out of fuel.

Even so, was on P7 until the last corner where i had an altercation with @Taorminator...terminal damage car stoped 20meters from the finish line. DNF.

Hurray.
Why did you go straight in to the wall after the contact with Tao? Also the game classifies you as P9 DNF. So you are in the Ranking. In real life there are different rulings to "DNF" in ranking. In F1 you need to do 75% or something of the race distance to be in the ranking no matter if you DNF the race or crossed the S/F-Line.

Last edited:

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Why did you go straight in to the wall after the contact with Tao? Also the game classifies you as P9 DNF. So you are in the Ranking. In real life there are different rulings to "DNF" in ranking. In F1 you need to do 75% or something of the race distance to be in the ranking no matter if you DNF the race or crossed the S/F-Line.

i did not go straight into the wall no purpous. my car had major dmg and i tried to continue and cross the line, however once i hit the gas the car swerved into the right straight into the wall.terminal damage and the car stopped a few meters later.
should i just wait still i would have a p9 because tao and paul were the only cars on the same lap behind me.tried to finish had a dnf altough i still appear in the scoreboard at p9 because i did not retire to the box i guess. ill see what will be the homolgated results. dont know the rsr rules for this.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
i did not go straight into the wall no purpous. my car had major dmg and i tried to continue and cross the line, however once i hit the gas the car swerved into the right straight into the wall.terminal damage and the car stopped a few meters later.
should i just wait still i would have a p9 because tao and paul were the only cars on the same lap behind me.tried to finish had a dnf altough i still appear in the scoreboard at p9 because i did not retire to the box i guess. ill see what will be the homolgated results. dont know the rsr rules for this.
As much as it looks like Tao may have instigated that incident (I've only seen the broadcast, no replays), credit to @Taorminator for such commitment to waiting for you to restart that I passed him before the line. It was a very surprising 7th to take for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread