Split 1 - R3: Laguna Seca - 6th August 2018 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

F4H Murphy

Community Member
Reaction score
@Cluck no worries mate.

Last night in general was a bit of a shit show.

Can’t remeber who but someone tried to dive on the inside up to the corckscrew and spun race 1.

Race 2 ended up DSCing anyway.

I’ve been really busy at present working on the rallycar, and that combined with practicing for the Belcar e-racing at Zolder this weekend and doing stuff for one of the RaceRoom comps has left me with no time to practice for the last 2 events.

Normal service shall be resumed next event though

Alex Salmon

Community Member
Reaction score
Not the best of nights for me... I raced 2 corners all night but had the pace to mix in with @Puffpirat and @ProjectPD (Who both drove awesome races BTW) But yeah, the Gods of project cars decided that I wasn't worthy of racing in race 1. The same crashing issue as Brno, that Im sure is due to the most recent patch because is been frequent since then o_O From P4 on the grid that bloody hurt, I can say that now my championship points wise is dead as I miss spa too.

Then in the Feature its went from bad to worse I didn't get to nail a quali lap due to traffic and lost 0.3 off what I should have done. I think it still qualified P4 then and made it to the race! However that it didn't go much better than R1 I got up to 3rd in turn one and slotted in ahead of @F4H Murphy and then heading into 2 I got a push from behind and it lifted the rear wheels off the ground and kept pushing me round. I dont think it was intentional and from people who have the replay it seems to be a netcode issue (Thank again Pcars Gods!) Im sorry for leaving the session immediately after this but I retired to pits and threw my keyboard across the room out of just sheer frustration.

I had a bit of an existential crisis last night after the race I realised I must of done at least 12 hours of practice over the week and this was my best chance of a win all season for it all to go belly up immediately. Kind of feel like Ive taken a hand grenade to my motivation.

But yeah Well done for the winners and thanks for @King-Kodiak for keeping me entertained with the stream!

Also, @F4H Murphy did you jump the lights BTW? you're start was fast but on stream looks interesting xD

Dont think it matters as we both had bad races but yeah, looks like you went early maybe?

F4H Murphy

Community Member
Reaction score
Maybe a sync issue. I went on green but everyone else was still standing still

On my screen you just lost the rear end @Alex Salmon and then I collided with you with nowhere to go.

Just about sums up last night. Devastating

Alex Salmon

Community Member
Reaction score
Maybe a sync issue. I went on green but everyone else was still standing still

On my screen you just lost the rear end @Alex Salmon and then I collided with you with nowhere to go.

Just about sums up last night. Devastating
Yeah its no worries I heard a hit and the car pitched forwards so was probably just netcode

F4H Murphy

Community Member
Reaction score
You know I've personally only ever had problems when using servers. Whenever I'm in normal lobbies I don't get any issues.

Possibly could we try and normal lobby some week? Or seeing as the next race is 2 weeks away, maybe try it out between now and then?

Only an idea....don't shout at me:angelic:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
You know I've personally only ever had problems when using servers. Whenever I'm in normal lobbies I don't get any issues.

Possibly could we try and normal lobby some week? Or seeing as the next race is 2 weeks away, maybe try it out between now and then?

Only an idea....don't shout at me:angelic:

Livetrack is out of order with p2p. Especially rain and other extreme conditions. Sometimes it's ur own connection, dont always blame the servers :)

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Just want to say thanks to @King-Kodiak and all split 1 racers. Sitting around in hospital waiting, waiting and waiting, it was great having the stream as a connection to the outside world. It helped me keep my sanity. And won't be surprised if some of you are invited to induction... ;)

So this might be the weirdest thanks that you guys get, but in terms of healthy distractions, this was really appreciated.

Guess I'll watch the Brno stream next (again)

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
It may not have been the cleanest set of races this week, but chin up, we could be in Forza public lobbies...

Diluvian

Community Member
Reaction score
Maybe I missed it, but here again the live stream masterpiece of @King-Kodiak

Love it, as always :)

[e] @King-Kodiak, my 'cugh' at the beginning of the interview was not because I didn't want to be interviewed, I was kind of "out of breath" at that moment lol

I have to say that it's quite hard to find those important streams right before the race. They are not promoted anywhere except twitter (e.g. News page)? In the streams list the stream appears right before the start so I can't click on it even before the event starts. I think there is room for improvement make it more user friendly :) if there is anything possible to do. When watching other live streams I am able to visit the stream hours before it starts, or am I such an old man that I don't know how to use the website / internet? :D

Last edited:

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Well there really is not too much to actually say about my races on Monday. My first qualifying was truly dire, 18th and more than a second worse than my best lap. The first 2 laps of the sprint race were slightly terrifying. I gained lots of places in the first lap, then continued to watch the car graveyard unfold. I think maybe I have an invisible snow plough on the front of my car, pushing them off or something. In the entire race I made exactly zero passing attempts, yet finished 5th, a 13 place jump. I'm going to take the win there and take away the massive positive that in the sprint race I had zero unforced off tracks (meaning an off track where I'm avoiding someone else spinning does not count).

Race 2 was a much better qualifying - 9th position, and while I felt I had better times to give, this was a really good placing for me. The madness at the start of race two actually went against me this time and I dropped back to 14th as I got the bad run of slowing down to avoid others crashes (but I did avoid them, so a win all in all). Again, slow and steady...get's you somewhere middling, and over the course of the race I was mostly on my own, neither catching or losing ground really. Stuff must have happened elsewhere, because again I made zero passing attempts. On the final lap I was really happy in 9th and nursing it home with a good gap to 10th. So imagine my confusion on the last corner... 7th bigs up my skills rather here, but I'll take those points none-the-less going into the middle of the season.

My PoV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread