Split 1 - R3: Zolder - 5th Jun 2017 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Banner Zolder.png

Car:
Caterham SP/300.R
Track: Zolder
League Agreement: Mandatory Pitstop

Date: Monday, 5th June May 2017
17:30 UTC - Optional Practice
18:30 UTC - Driver Briefing
18:45 UTC - Qualifying
19:00 UTC - Race

Qualifying: 15 minutes
Laps: 1+31
Ingame Date: 5th June 2017
Ingame Time: 17:00
Time Progression: 1x
Weather Conditions: Light Rain > Rain > Rain + Fog
Weather Progression: Sync to Race

Driving Aids: Real
Tire Wear Multiplier: Real
Fuel Usage Multiplier: Real

Starting Procedure: Rolling Start, the lead car will lead the field through the formation lap. The speed limit for the lead car will be 50mph / 80kph. We are going to form up in a 2×2 formation at the red marker maintaining our 50mph / 80kph speed. Odd numbers will be on the left side and even numbers on the right side.

Please Notice

Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the Driving Standards of RevolutionSimRacing. As a driver in our league, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the admins and leave a post in this thread before the race takes place in order to give reserve driver a chance to drive.

Confirmed No-Shows
@Thomas Sikora
@SBart_uk

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Results

Thomas Sikora

Community Member
Reaction score
No Shows this time,
have fun everyone!

rillo7105

Community Member
Reaction score
What kind of Alien times are you doing here? Just want to know so i know on what lap i'm being lapped from the front runners and should watch out for some traffic from behind ;)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Aliens, I have no idea. I ran a dozen or so laps last night, just to dial in a VERY 'rough and ready' setup to see how it felt and was doing 1m30.1 laps on a full* tank with no boost straight away. That was in the practice session of a MP race event, using the race conditions. As such, practice was light rain conditions.

The biggest factor here is going to be tyre management skill though, not speed. Front tyres will dissolve the moment you lock them up. Rear tyres will overheat the moment you so much as look at the throttle pedal. It's going to come down to who can make their tyres last the longest, far more than who's the fastest around the track :).

* race distance full, not 'full' full ;)

rillo7105

Community Member
Reaction score
Aliens, I have no idea. I ran a dozen or so laps last night, just to dial in a VERY 'rough and ready' setup to see how it felt and was doing 1m30.1 laps on a full* tank with no boost straight away. That was in the practice session of a MP race event, using the race conditions. As such, practice was light rain conditions.

The biggest factor here is going to be tyre management skill though, not speed. Front tyres will dissolve the moment you lock them up. Rear tyres will overheat the moment you so much as look at the throttle pedal. It's going to come down to who can make their tyres last the longest, far more than who's the fastest around the track :).

* race distance full, not 'full' full ;)

Ok, thnx for the info. I'll stay out of the way on lap 2.. i'll keep left on the straight and you just cruise past.. so pass me on the right on every 3rd lap OK :)

Col_McCoy

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
As @Cluck said... it's not about the fastest time but about how to manage the tyres and able to get as many steady fast laps in a row. I did some test with higher and lower tyre pressures and it's just a roller coaster. Did a MP event warm-up (so no practise) and was able to 29s but the tyre development is so dependant and both have postive and negative effects in whatever directions you go. So I can definetely say this is going to be an interesting one.... currently I'm not 100% fixed, but in about 3 hours I should now for sure, 90% in though.
EDIT: 100% IN

Last edited:

GioVtec

Head RSR Designs
Community Member
Reaction score
I love Zolder, but I hate rain xD, I did few laps yesterday and is good to know that I'll be aquaplaning in the back:eek::banghead:.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well, I now have a setup that seems pretty safe for a single-stop race, provided I don't try and do qualifying-pace every lap :D. At least I'm now into the mid-1m29s in quali without boost and race pace looks to be around 1m32-1m33 to keep the tyres completely under control and consistent - was actually able to run them until lap 20 before the front left was almost devoid of 'green'.

EDIT : Forgot to add, those times are based on the early 'light rain' conditions. In full rain, rear temps are much more under control so high 1m31, low 1m32 laps are no problem. You can run 1m29/1m30 laps in light rain for 3 or 4 laps, max. before the rears get too hot to be consistent.

Last edited:

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Just a head's up, I may be a few minutes late for the driver briefing as I need to pick the girlfriend up from work at 6. Traffic conditions dependant.
Forming up before the hairpin & odd's on the right, headlights to be on for this race, watch the track limits on the second chicane would be the main points I think anyway

SBart_uk

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm not going to be able to make it tonight guys sorry :(

Col_McCoy

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@FuBii ... what hairpin? Odds on the right, but first corner to the left? What track did you train? Did I make a mistake :-(? :p

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@FuBii ... what hairpin? Odds on the right, but first corner to the left? What track did you train? Did I make a mistake :-(? :p
Indeed. We're forming up just before the T2 mark, a couple of hundred yards before the not-hairpin right (it's a very sharp right-hander and probably tight enough to be called a hairpin). It seems a little early but I guess it's to give everybody enough time to form a nice tight pack so that everybody is on the S/F straight for the start of the race. Odds are on the left-side, as per the OP.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I don't want to give up just yet but chances are slim I'll make the race. My mother couldn't take my son so I'm alone with him again and he's still a bit sick. If a miracle happens I'll do the race.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Rather short race for me... :/ Server disconnected me, checked my connection it did not cut out at all. Had actually a 5sec gap to P2, could have been something good!

Typical Project Cars... Thanks for ruining my evening...

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Well first race I've managed to do was a disaster, gave up when I started getting lapped to stop getting in the way. This car seems horrible to drive and race compare to the Mono :(

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm a little pissed......had a good quali (although my throttle acted up again during quali) and was fighting for 10th spot and was actually progressing through the field. My tire temps were high, but I could manage them and was waiting for the weather to go to wet as I knew I could cool the tires more and improve my times. Then in the second chicane I was touched by @stolnikas sending me off track. I resumed in P19 or so and decided to pit to repair damage and change tires. I rejoined finding myself being lapped. And while trying to regain some positions, I lost the car on the straight. I rejoined, pitted again for new tires with lower pressures and when I rejoined I was 2 laps down. Lost the car again, got damage and then retired to the pits.

I'm pissed because my race was ruined by contact. I'm pissed because I had such a good run in the wet and I had a good stable setup.

I'm going to cool down now.

I won't attend next week's race as I'm away for a couple of days.

Have fun guys.

GioVtec

Head RSR Designs
Community Member
Reaction score
(I am really trigger:mad:)
This was my race!!! But instead is my last.

I'm sorry, but 50% of the races with force feedback bug in race, is not fair and I just stood cuz of my great team mate puffy did a sacrifice for the race and I also did by managing to come back from the last place to 10th.

Cheers and enjoy the rest of the cup.

20170605140450_1.jpg

stolnikas

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm a little pissed......had a good quali (although my throttle acted up again during quali) and was fighting for 10th spot and was actually progressing through the field. My tire temps were high, but I could manage them and was waiting for the weather to go to wet as I knew I could cool the tires more and improve my times. Then in the second chicane I was touched by @stolnikas sending me off track. I resumed in P19 or so and decided to pit to repair damage and change tires. I rejoined finding myself being lapped. And while trying to regain some positions, I lost the car on the straight. I rejoined, pitted again for new tires with lower pressures and when I rejoined I was 2 laps down. Lost the car again, got damage and then retired to the pits.

I'm pissed because my race was ruined by contact. I'm pissed because I had such a good run in the wet and I had a good stable setup.

I'm going to cool down now.

I won't attend next week's race as I'm away for a couple of days.

Have fun guys.

Sorry to hear that.. Well on my screen we touched only then you lost your car..
30:38

I dont think there was any other contact before that...

As of my race, i had controls locked for like 3 secs on the first shicane (32:05).. I have this bug nearly every race, it just doesn't happen twice in one race. At least this time i didn't smash it in to wall..
@FlyingKman that was fantastic battle couple of last laps, i really was sure i will get you cause i had like half of my boost :D But.. Congrats mate! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread