Split 1 - R4: Bathurst - 12th Jun 2017 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatatorJohn

RSR Academy
Reaction score
unlucky, u were catching me then saw u driving down the wall
Same for me, except that everyone went to the wall.:D

Nice battles by the way.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Was driving so well, shame I got sucked into the sand at the top of the hill overtaking a slow @jamesl91. Pit in, & bang in a few quick laps, catching the cars in front at almost 2s a lap. Only to lock the brakes going into the tight left going up the hill 6 laps from the finish. Damn.
Bad race for Team Challengers with @PatatorJohn's disconnect =(
Again sorry Fubii, I hit the wall twice at the top of the hill on i believe lap 6 and had suspension damage, had to nurse it back to the pits for repairs. after that I was flat out until the end. had a great battle with sillysausage at the end so close on last corner.

great race everyone!!

Pamellaaa

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Here is how my race ended, it was going so well up until that point:
This is literally the first time I have ever required a reset button in the 700+ hours I have played this game and predictably I did not have one. Sorry to @2scoops for losing the first decent team points I was going to achieve for the team. I will have to do better at Brands and Spa!

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
There we go:

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thanks @t0daY will be watching that later!

Col_McCoy

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Race review:
With litterely 2 hours of training prior the start of the race, I actually was happy with my stable setup.
Did some low 55's on race fuel and with the 0/0 wing setting, I knew I would be very fast on the straights and just impossible the pass on the hill section.
Qualy was a high 54, which obviously was way to slow, but what should I suspect otherwise if it were the first laps on low fuel. P8 with a free promotion to P7 in the warm-up lap.

As this is bathurst, everything can still happen, which it did. Start was good and steady, took it easy to avoid contact and on the downhill section there was a major stoppage with 3 cars, which I was unable to avoid allthough being slower. Got hit in the back by @PatatorJohn who also could not stop in time anymore -> Aero Damage 20 (20 kph less topspeed downhill).
Remained 7th and with everybody pitting for damage took on P3. At this point, I was actually pulling the gap with @Battenberg to the guys behind us and I thought, as long it's just 'this aero damage' I will put in as many laps, cause I'll probably hit the wall at some point needing to pit anyway. Battenberg made a mistake, which gave me the extra space to go for the pit. First pit entry in this car on Bathurst, did not know the bump was so massive, spun me around, and cost me 15 seconds.

Next up, pit out, crash, pit in. I was recording @Laiders crash on top of the, tried to get by you quickly, but unfortunately took me out and had to go pit in again. Now trained for this part of the circuit, everything went well. After all this I was P16 and had some 'easy' overtakes with the high topspeed setting getting myself up to P10, just to see @rillo7105 giving me my birthday present P9 on the last lap on the downhill lefthander coming on to straight ;-). Was actually looking forward to use my last push-to-pass on you on the straight ;-).

The start is nice to watch and the 2 timestamps that I put in.

Last edited:

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
No worries @Pamellaaa, that's Bathurst, especially at that point as the gravel just drags you towards the barrier. Bring on Brands :D

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
What a race! The curse is finally broken! After a season best finish of 20th I finally did a thing and finished P5!

Where to begin... I qualified P15 and was sat right behind my teammate @Battenberg in the 2x2 formation which was quite a special feeling, finally being in the same postcode on the track for the first time this season. I then managed to avoid the spins and action of lap one and quickly saw a strategy advantage I could take. As we slowly shuffled past @ramiboo's spin in esses and were tightly packed in a traffic jam all the way down the back side of the circuit I knew I had to get out of there ASAP and I knew the tyres could easily last the race distance and more so I dove into the pits with the walking wounded and other people who saw this viable strategy.

I then had clean air for quite a while which allowed me to put in some solid laps while almost everyone else was still stuck in the traffic. I've said it a thousand times and I'll say it again, Bathurst is all about cleanliness and consistency which is exactly what I was able to do this race. I sacrificed dangerous speed for a slightly slower and safer pace of mid 57's and didn't spin or touch a single car or wall the entire race which in hindsight got me quite a few positions. Along the way I was still able to reel in some people and have some great battles which I haven't been able to do this season so far.

I let @Puffpirat go past me knowing he was way faster and hoping to following him as he made his charge back through the feel as his dramas. I then was able to reel in a damaged @2scoops who had stormed away from me earlier in the race after pitting at the end of lap 1 with me. And then in the final laps of the race I had one of the most enjoyable high pressure finishes to a race I've had in a long time with @jamesl91 hunting me down, right to the finish line. I managed to finish ahead by only 6 tenths.

I put in as much practice as I could for this race which was a lot more than the other races so far this season so it was so satisfying to see my work get some return. I felt comfortable in the car finally (as comfortable as you can be while out of control at Bathurst) and was happy with my setup changes. A top 12 finish was my goal for this race and it would've felt like a win considering my results so far this season but to score P5 is beyond any of my expectations (and probably my teammates :p). I really, really enjoyed this race, bring on the next one! :D

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
A top 12 finish was my goal for this race and it would've felt like a win considering my results so far this season but to score P5 is beyond any of my expectations (and probably my teammates :p).

Well done champ! We all knew you had it in you. We're looking pretty handy in the teams' points now :)

My pace was a bit behind where I've been so far this season, so my target was the top 8 after starting P13. I had a dream of a first lap, where I managed to get through unscathed adn well into the top 6. My car felt like a rocket ship down the straights compared to those with damage, and I had fun stalking @Col_McCoy who was down on top speed. Sadly I binned it under braking for Forrest's Elbow, and made a pitstop to fix the damage.

I rejoined ahead of McCoy, and set myself a new target of staying ahead. I pushed too hard at the top of the mountain, caught the grass on the exit of McPhillamy Park, and got pulled into the barriers at top speed. It was a scary crash from my perspective, but thankfully it's only a game :p I limped back to the pits, fixed up, and then bimbled around the circuit waiting for the race to finish.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
What a race! The curse is finally broken! After a season best finish of 20th I finally did a thing and finished P5!

Where to begin... I qualified P15 and was sat right behind my teammate @Battenberg in the 2x2 formation which was quite a special feeling, finally being in the same postcode on the track for the first time this season. I then managed to avoid the spins and action of lap one and quickly saw a strategy advantage I could take. As we slowly shuffled past @ramiboo's spin in esses and were tightly packed in a traffic jam all the way down the back side of the circuit I knew I had to get out of there ASAP and I knew the tyres could easily last the race distance and more so I dove into the pits with the walking wounded and other people who saw this viable strategy.

I then had clean air for quite a while which allowed me to put in some solid laps while almost everyone else was still stuck in the traffic. I've said it a thousand times and I'll say it again, Bathurst is all about cleanliness and consistency which is exactly what I was able to do this race. I sacrificed dangerous speed for a slightly slower and safer pace of mid 57's and didn't spin or touch a single car or wall the entire race which in hindsight got me quite a few positions. Along the way I was still able to reel in some people and have some great battles which I haven't been able to do this season so far.

I let @Puffpirat go past me knowing he was way faster and hoping to following him as he made his charge back through the feel as his dramas. I then was able to reel in a damaged @2scoops who had stormed away from me earlier in the race after pitting at the end of lap 1 with me. And then in the final laps of the race I had one of the most enjoyable high pressure finishes to a race I've had in a long time with @jamesl91 hunting me down, right to the finish line. I managed to finish ahead by only 6 tenths.

I put in as much practice as I could for this race which was a lot more than the other races so far this season so it was so satisfying to see my work get some return. I felt comfortable in the car finally (as comfortable as you can be while out of control at Bathurst) and was happy with my setup changes. A top 12 finish was my goal for this race and it would've felt like a win considering my results so far this season but to score P5 is beyond any of my expectations (and probably my teammates :p). I really, really enjoyed this race, bring on the next one! :D
what a cracking end to the race! i was loving chasing you down, 4-5 laps slowly reeling you in. if only i hadn't brushed the wall in S2 i would have been able to get past, but some nice defence into last corner. leaving a cars width on the outside, I would have disappeared from your view as i went down the outside hoping to cut back underneath you and get a better exit, had barely any boost left. I did debate whether i try and wing it on the outside but thought better of it as you had a clean exit. well done for withstanding the pressure, iv raced a lot of people in the past who have cracked under the pressure.

I to am Chuffed with my best results of the season, after struggling a lot in the early stages of practice, with the help of my teammate @ramiboo i managed to get a setup that worked. tweaked it a bit to dial out some understeer. then figured out the best way to avoid the barriers was to do lap after lap. Friday night having finished watching the F1 2nd practice i started practicing at 9pm and by 11pm i had completed almost 50 laps, mostly race pace, that really helped me get my braking and gear changes working nicely, it also helped avoid making mistakes in the downhill esses.
qualifying is a strong point of my racing and i was well and truly happy with a mid 1:54 to qualify 6th just behind @ramiboo

once the race started i had @t0daY all over me heading up to turn 2, for some reason i was struggling for pace in the opening laps and lap 6 i hit the wall then had to slow down due to suspension damage, inconveniently as @FuBii was trying to overtake me at the top of the hill, he ended up in the gravel and like me had to limp back to the pits. i rejoined well down the pack and had to keep it clean and consistent to make it back up to the front, that was easier said than done but i got into a rhythm and was flying from then on, catching @SillySausage at the end was 1 of my highlights to the race. finally finishing p6. what a race!

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
My best race at Bathurst by far. Decided before the race to pit after the first lap to be able to run in clean air at my pace and not be caught up in traffic and lose time. It worked really well. Was p8 when I pitted and p5 after the pitstops had completed. Felt strong and confident to be able to keep the position or even move forward. I caught @stolnikas to lap him at the start of the mountain, he kindly backed off going up to the first kink, I overtook him offline which meant I was approaching the braking zone for the slow left from a completely different angle. I didn't allow enough for this and lost the car under braking and hit the wall causing aero and suspension damage. The car was horrible to drive after this and the front wanted to throw me sideways at every braking zone. I hit the wall again in the downhill braking zone before the long back straight causing even more aero damage up to 16. I was so slow down the straights for the last 7 laps, I was a sitting duck and lost 2 positions very easily. Still, finishing 7th is still a great result, but annoyingly should have been more.

B

Blue Monkey

Sorry I didn't show up - I thought the race would be next week
Really surprised its at this date, coinciding with so many other events

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
Oh I was cracking @jamesl91! I ran deep under braking into quite a few corners, had to take a deep breath multiple times and remind myself not to crack lol. One thing I forgot to mention was how good of a feeling it was to be pushed to set my fastest lap of the race on the final lap and step outside my safe pace, going closer to the walls than I had all race. So great! Thanks again! :)

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Oh I was cracking @jamesl91! I ran deep under braking into quite a few corners, had to take a deep breath multiple times and remind myself not to crack lol. One thing I forgot to mention was how good of a feeling it was to be pushed to set my fastest lap of the race on the final lap and step outside my safe pace, going closer to the walls than I had all race. So great! Thanks again! :)
yeh i noticed i was saving my boost until i got close enough, the last lap came and i had to use it. hopefully we can race like that again! what was your fastest lap? mine was a 56.1

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Comments and criticisms for the broadcast are appreciated fellas. :)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Comments and criticisms for the broadcast are appreciated fellas. :)
watched the race last night, commentary was good, great u didn't focus on just the leaders, its good to see further down. maybe looking at the gaps a bit more between cars might help focus on some great battles. nice job guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread