Split 1 - R4: Catalunya - 20th August 2018 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elodyr

Community Member
Reaction score
Didn't expect to get 4th in both races (without an alien setup lol), but was really lucky in the incident in the first lap of the Sprint Race. I want to apologize to @Nighttiger and @UnstopaPaul for taking them out of the race. Went into Turn 3 with Nighttiger on my outside and Paul on the inside. After that I went for the gap that was there and slowly it tightened more and more until I tried to get out of there with a small brake blip to not get squeezed, but also to not endanger the guys behind too much. With that I hit Nighttigers rear wheel which then sent him into Paul while I got away unscathed.

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@drukqs considering I also had rear damage from the contact with Tao as nobody had contact with me prior. It might just have been me being off-sync to everyone and I would have caused issues elsewhere later on in the race being side to side.Hence why all the graphics are just messed up

Too frustrating this game.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Didn't expect to get 4th in both races (without an alien setup lol), but was really lucky in the incident in the first lap of the Sprint Race. I want to apologize to @Nighttiger and @UnstopaPaul for taking them out of the race. Went into Turn 3 with Nighttiger on my outside and Paul on the inside. After that I went for the gap that was there and slowly it tightened more and more until I tried to get out of there with a small brake blip to not get squeezed, but also to not endanger the guys behind too much. With that I hit Nighttigers rear wheel which then sent him into Paul while I got away unscathed.

That looks so different on replay to how I experienced it. In the moment it felt like my car rushed left into Nighttiger. It happens.

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Dutchtastic after i saw this last week i already believe in everything.

Which is shame. I absolutely love this game, Pcars 1 introduced me to sim racing and i want to step up my game but this kind of stuff is a bit retarded:

vs

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I have no clue what happened tbn.
Car felt like a charm on lap 1, touched @Taorminator , had no front damage. Looked at the backstraight and saw rear damage.
And without having DRS open it just let go dispite not having issues in the corners before.

So yeah, pCars2 uninstalled atm.
Yeah my car was pretty busted after that... it seems you braked way too late and you could have went for the gravel instead of me :p Don't worry it happens, I was only disapointed I could not continue the battle with @Elodyr and @CatchAGlimpse ;)

Regarding your rear damage, on my replay someone had contact with your rear right after you had contact with me

Last edited:

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Half good result for this round and not particularly exciting.

Both my quali runs were good, I matched my expected best and got a satisfaying P5 and P7.

Race 1 : I managed to stay out of trouble from the beginning of lap1 and was having a close battle with @Elodyr and @CatchAGlimpse . Unfortunately this ended quickly when @Dutchtastic touched my rear, I had bad aero and suspension dmg. I repaired the aero only and drove till the end of the race P11 alone with a nearly undriveable car.

Race 2 : went much better, I was in P5 for about half the race P6 to P3 being 1,5s apart from each other. We were closely matched in term of pace so not enough difference to overcome dirty air and attack. I spun awkwardly in the hairpin because I locked the rears (brake bias choice and applied too much pressure on the pedal, can only blame myself). Spent the rest of the race chasing @Nighttiger and finished P6, alone again.

Not the most amount of fun for this round but who cares, home gp (Spa) is just round the corner ;)

Last edited:

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I've had some time off the past few days so thought I would invest some hard practice time into this round, with this in mind I had fairly high hopes for the evening (especially given the few no-shows, big points were up for grabs!).

Couldn't get close the 1.26.2 I set yesterday afternoon in either qualifying session so had to settle for 10th and a 9th respectively.

In the first race, I had a good start and managed to overtake the Odd Fish Racing duo of @Diluvian and @Gosku between corners 1-3 just before the huge crash involving @UnstopaPaul happened. Managed to get past @Taorminator for 5th place on turn 5 before having a battle with @Elodyr for the remaining laps. Unfortunately the dirty air was tough and I couldn't get within 0.5seconds of @Elodyr to really post one down the inside somewhere ;)

Race 2 was pretty boring from my end, decided to pit at the end of the first lap after getting up the 8th. With @Taorminator in front of me at the stop, he was my marker point for the strategy. After running in clear air for the next 10 laps, everybody else started to pit and I came out 2s behind @Taorminator in the same position I entered the pits in, so nothing gained from the early stop. @Battenberg kept me honest and gave me a reference point towards the end but luckily managed to keep it clean and avoid any last lap mistakes to bring it home in 7th.

Big GG to my teammate @fab. ICEMAN for the unbelievable qualifying performance and another win!!

Good racing all and look forward to Spa next week!

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
sry guys, it seems like i posted the link that i was sending to @Darksi yesterday after the race when we had a short conversation in here
but thx @Taorminator to correct my mistake :D

EDIT: i also edited my first post, posting the wrong link, it didn't want make advertisement for iracing in this thread xD

Last edited:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sorry for my absence yesterday, had a family emergency which needed my full attention. Hope everyone had a good race.

Gosku

RSR Academy
Reaction score
For me good race 1 with good quali. Had decent start avoiding crash in front and managing to hold @Battenberg behind me for first half of the race resulted pretty easy latter half resulting in p7.

Second race on start my tires felt like ice blocks or if my drs was open and i was sliding trough turns 1-3 and spun into barriers on 4 damaging my car. For some reason after spinning car felt better even with big damages and i almost managed to keep up with the pack for rest of the lap before diving into pits.:D Coming out of the pits with repairs just got lapped by leaders so my race was almost over at that point but nonetheless kept pushing and managed to catch up to @drukqs on lap 18 and couple laps later using druqks mistake to pull an overtake on him. After that i closed a gap to @miagi driving in front but just run out of laps to get pass him and finished p12. I dont know what it is but feature races seem to always end up getting lapped due to damages from crashes maybe better luck next time. :D

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Last night was very interesting, with a lot of the cats away, it was definitely time to play.

I'd put a decent effort into setup working with @SBart_uk and not a small number of laps in practice. I'd done a 1:26.1 in practice, but I really didn't expect to better it in the first qualifying. 3rd on the grid and sadly fate intervened. A bad start (too much adrenaline I think) which led me to drop down a few places going into turn one, getting a rough deal on the melee through turn 2 meant I had to back off Nighttiger as I wasn't certain he'd seen me. Sadly the safety effort was all for nothing as going through turn 3 my car drifted a little more left than I would have liked, then (it felt to me at the time) suddenly lurched left more into @Nighttiger , flipping both our cars. Only watching the replay did I even understand that @Elodyr was coming inbtween, and what felt like my car lunging at Nighttiger was actually the other way around. It's funny how things feel in the heat of the moment. After waiting for Nighttiger to resume, I continued at the back of the pack, heading into the pit for repairs. I flipped twice and rolled on the cockpit, but somehow my total damage was 15 rear aero. Go figure, I've looked at tyre walls before and got more damage. I spent the rest of the race catching up to @Taorminator (?), but never quite got close enough to consider lining up passing attempts. Given the qualifying, 12th was a frustrating result.

Qualifying 2 was pretty solid too - 4th this time as @Alex Salmon stepped it up. When Alex DC'd again on race start I shed a tear before realising that I was basically 3rd on the grid again. The second start was much more careful all round (I think without the awesome launch Alex got in the first race that would not have been such a carve up), and though I lost a place to @Diluvian I was safely in 4th after the first lap.

@Elodyr was once more on my tail and put a lot of pressure on during the foggy part of the race, where my car setup also did not seem so good, and he remained around a second away (and always in the mirror) for the first 8-9 laps. Eventually either he made a mistake, or the changing conditions allowed me to pull away to over 2 seconds, which allowed me enough breathing room to relax into things. Nothing much else happened on my end for the remaining race. We traded gaps between 2 and 3 seconds, but honestly I don't think the dirty air really allows two drivers close in pace to conduct a pass without a major mistake, and fortunately for me I kept the car clean.

I'm super happy with 3rd and the podium (and an interview, thanks @The Wayfaerer / @King-Kodiak !). Though there were several of the strongest missing (I count 5) I still performed above expectation. I've been considering @Elodyr a benchmark as the top running AM driver this season, and to come out on top is very satisfying. At least as satisfying is to finish only 25 seconds behind the leaders. Not exactly challenging for the lead, but less than half the gap I normally have.

Onwards and upwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread