Split 1 - R4: Donington - 13th November 2017 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
League Round Banner - RND4.png

Car: Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport MR
Track: Donington
League Agreement: Mandatory Pitstop

Date: Monday, 13th November 2017
18:30 UTC - Optional Practice
19:30 UTC - Driver Briefing
19:40 UTC - Qualifying
20:00 UTC - Race

Race
Date: 13th May 2017
Time Progression: Real Time
Weather Progression: Sync to Race

Qualifying Duration: 20 minutes
Qualifying Start Time: 15:00

Qualifying Weather Forecast: Light Rain

Race Time: 45 minutes
Race Start Time: 16:00
Race Weather Forecast: Light Rain > Random

Realism Settings
Force Realistic Driving Aids:
Yes
Force Manual Pitstops: Yes
Tire Wear: Authentic
Fuel Depletion: Yes

Track Limit Penalties: Off
Allowable Time Penalty: Off
Drive-Through Penalties: Off
Pit Exit Penalty: Off

Starting Procedure: Rolling Start, the pole driver will lead the field through the formation lap. The speed limit for the lead car will be 50mph / 80kph. We are going to form up in a 2×2 formation at the beginning of sector 3, maintaining our speed. Odd numbers on the right side and even numbers on the left side.

Please Notice
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the Driving Standards of RevolutionSimRacing. As a driver in our league, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the admins and leave a post in this thread before the race takes place in order to give reserve driver a chance to drive.

Confirmed No-Shows
-

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
No second weather slow with random weather?

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Any one need substitute driver? Contact me via 118118.com :D (<- joking, don't actually do it)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Cant believe we are heading to the 2nd half of the season already! so far its been a great, action packed season!

G

Gopher04

Does anyone know how to cool down the FL in the wet, it's glowing after 5 laps.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Too hot? Good lord, I was struggling to even get mine up to temperature in a test last night :eek:

G

Gopher04

Yeh I did it held it for a few laps more but not much, I know it takes abit of a beating round here, but doesn't have the same effect on slicks, unless light rain isn't heavy enough for wets.

Yes to hot Cluck, I've pretty much tried all the usual stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I wasn't doubting you Gopher, it was just an expression of surprise given what I experienced last night :). I honestly struggled to get any heat into the tyres, even after more than 5 laps. I'll be trying again a bit more over the weekend.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what they are actually doing setting the tyres up?

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Am i the only one who is comfortable with the softs in this condition? They are just more reliable than the wets for me.
I tried many settings with the wets and always after a few laps they are unusable. Perhaps its the live weather, sometimes there is almost no rain... you never know. But it can also be very wet, and then the softs will kill my race :arghh:

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Am i the only one who is comfortable with the softs in this condition? They are just more reliable than the wets for me.
I tried many settings with the wets and always after a few laps they are unusable. Perhaps its the live weather, sometimes there is almost no rain... you never know. But it can also be very wet, and then the softs will kill my race :arghh:
Im also happy on slicks but unsure how well they will cope during race conditions. i may loose too much time

Yeh I did it held it for a few laps more but not much, I know it takes abit of a beating round here, but doesn't have the same effect on slicks, unless light rain isn't heavy enough for wets.

Yes to hot Cluck, I've pretty much tried all the usual stuff.
Dont forget the track conditions will improve slightly once cars are running, maybe the overheating tires issue your having is simply the dry line is starting to appear so maybe you will need to go off line to keep them cooler

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Don't know what the fuss is about myself.

That's a quali session set to the quali conditions with a full field of AI drivers set to 95% (IIRC)

EDIT : Oh and for a giggle I thought I'd try the default setup in time-trial. I'd forgotten how much of a handful the default 'loose' setup is :eek: . My time there shows as a custom-setup but it was a 100% default 'loose' setup I used.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Let me guess, that time was set at the very start of the session.

I just did an hour with @CrisBCros and after a while the times settle at 1:15-1:16.

If we don’t want to repeat the pathetic Daytona qualy session we should think about a solution. Basically after 5-10mins you don’t need to attempt a time anymore because the track gets too wet, compared to session start.

Suggestion: on the race servers, set up a practice session ahead of the qualy and let the track rain in. Not 100% sure this’ll work but it’s worth a shot.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
I just can't seem to get to grips with PC2, I spend so much time on tyres that I don't have time to set the rest up. I just don't know what i'm aiming for and it's difficult to tell differences when you change the bloody thing.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I just can't seem to get to grips with PC2, I spend so much time on tyres that I don't have time to set the rest up. I just don't know what i'm aiming for and it's difficult to tell differences when you change the bloody thing.
It’s been now said often enough, you aim for an optimal hot pressure. @Topsie posted a chart in the spilt 2 chat with suggested pressures for different cars. It’s basically the same as iRacing.

What do you struggle with? Temps, pressures, long run performance?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread