Split 1 - R4: Donington - 13th November 2017 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The interesting part will be what comes up in the random weather selection (which will be randomly selected just before the lobby is set up) as that will play a BIG part in what tyres to go with. I ran some 'mock runs' yesterday, using 3 different options for the random slot and, well, the choice of tyres is as clear as mud now :D

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
If I might ask, what do you guys change for wet setup?

Diluvian

Community Member
Reaction score
Aaaah I had no time to practice this track, especially in wet. Need to catch up with practice today :bag:

[reminder] going low with camber, otherwise @Puffpirat catches you at the straights lol (na I don't think I can follow the top guys today)

Last edited:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Heh, I'm going with the setup I used at Red Bull Ring and Fuji (other than tyres).

Diluvian

Community Member
Reaction score
I definitely have to change the Fuji setup, I'm too slow at the straights :D

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
meh, I was being left for dead on the straights at Fuji but that's what lots of camber does to you!

Diluvian

Community Member
Reaction score
Is that a realistic behaviour which is modelled into pcars2? More camber = less topspeed? Just asking :)

[e] short google session says: valid.

Last edited:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yes. I am running quite a high camber level (you can verify this by grabbing one of my time-trial ghosts) compared to some. I know that at least one of the guys at Fuji was running the lowest possible camber (ie, less -ve) and was able to breeze past me like I was standing still.

I did try running a slightly lower camber for a few minutes at Donington but I found the car far harder to turn in. I'm sure that, with enough time and patience (the latter of which I just don't have, when it comes to setups) I could tune other aspects of the car around that. But I have got a setup that I'm comfortable driving so I can't be bothered to change it now, regardless of the track :)

EDIT : By the way, camber was modelled in pCARS1. It was, however, bugged in that you could run really low camber and find that your cornering speed wasn't compromised. ie, it was a win-win setup. You simply can't get away with that in pCARS2.

Last edited:

Ashnoom

Community Member
Reaction score
PC freezes after 15-20 min game play. Temps are normal but i suspect the PSU. Tested a trillion different nvidia drivers
That might more or less rather be related to memory going bad. (As with personal, old experience)

well, the choice of tyres is as clear as mud now :D

I guess you won't tell us what you chose right? :-(
(I know, wrong split)
I am most likely going with softs in the (light) rain. And hards when the rain stops or wets when rain worsens.

rillo7105

Community Member
Reaction score
That might more or less rather be related to memory going bad. (As with personal, old experience)

I guess you won't tell us what you chose right? :-(
(I know, wrong split)
I am most likely going with softs in the (light) rain. And hards when the rain stops or wets when rain worsens.

I ran memtest for a day without any errors..

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Aaaah I had no time to practice this track, especially in wet. Need to catch up with practice today :bag:

[reminder] going low with camber, otherwise @Puffpirat catches you at the straights lol (na I don't think I can follow the top guys today)
Don’t tell everyone xD I actually raised camber slightly for this race :)

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
Sadly I must pull out of tonights race, something else came up, so I cannot attend. Have fun!

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
I've just been told that my niece has been involved in a car accident and is in hospital, so won't be able to make it tonight as i'm going to go and see her. This season has been a complete write off for me for one reason or another.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@2scoops :eek: . Hope your niece is OK and it's not too serious.

Elodyr

Community Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys, but it will be a no show for me today. Lying in bed right now with a fever and hoping this won't drag on too long.

Diluvian

Community Member
Reaction score
Anyone practiced in dry conditions, too? :D ... best I can do with race setup and full tank is high 1:09. Is that competitive?^^

Didn't test rain lol .. game crashed again due to alt-tabbing* and I'm slightly pissed now :)
* Actually I'm doing Steam-Overlay & Win-Key but this often crashes, too.

Last edited:

Diluvian

Community Member
Reaction score
As I've written in the small print ( :D ) I'm opening the steam overlay and press the windows key on my keyboard to get out of the game. This should be a workaroudn for the "windows creators update black-screen bug" but depending on what you're doing at the desktop you can't get back to the game either (e.g. opening a browser). I'm using a Telemetry app (Pcars Profiler from Tom Shane) and need to get out of the game sometimes :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread