Split 1 - R4: Donington - 13th November 2017 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Anyone practiced in dry conditions, too? :D ... best I can do with race setup and full tank is high 1:09. Is that competitive?^^
That’s too good please stop :p

My wet setup is basically my Fuji set with minimal changes. Not really a lot you need to change except tires :)

TheDoctor46

Community Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, sorry for the late notice, I'm still suffering a cold and wont make it for tonights race :shifty: Good luck @Diluvian :pompous:

Noisen

Community Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys I a can't make for tonight somethiing came up

Nada

Community Member
Reaction score
I can't drive tonight.

Col_McCoy

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So pretty happy with the race, considering I've been ill the last 5 days and didn't have much practise (cuz I wasn't in the mood).
My car was way TOO stable.. therefor lost a lot of pace but at least no spins.
Coming to spins, @Dutchtastic I'm very sorry for the tap in the back up the hill before the back straight. I was so close behind you and still braked earlier, made a perfect corner entry and than you came my way (hence you were not done with slowing down). My fault ofcourse, I at least waited, but still sorry for ruining that part of ur race.

Congrats to all guys showing amazing pace in front, shows there is a lot to do still to get this game into grip.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Congratulations Puffy on a perfect race :)

Was happy to hold station behind him and P2 for the first part of the race and then, when P2 went wide, I grabbed P2 and just sat a consistent 5.5s behind Puff. Held that until my pit stop, which I decided to take as I was starting to get held up by the P7/P8 battle. Came out and just set about trying to maintain the gap to Puff and waiting for him to pit. He came out just 4.5s ahead of me but, as we all know, Puff doesn't make mistakes so it was a case of myself sitting station and trying to focus on not crashing.

Hard work but a very happy P2 for me :)

G

Gopher04

Wow good job I'm not a epileptic..:snaphappy:..stormy weather needs to come with a warning..Race started ok but then there was a big slow up at the top of the hill which caused me to luv tap someone and caused me to spin, but the stormy weather just killed my eyes, headlights that are ineffective in that amount of darkness, and the rest of the time it was like someone stood in front of me with a camera flash..:confused:..so had to retire..

Congrats to podiums..

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That was my personal best Quali Lap with P8. Good Practice and a bit Luck were put together. :D
Then in one of the first laps i touched a white car in McLeans on the inside, I hope nothing big happened. A few laps later someone touched me in the Coppice what costed about 5 places. Perhaps it was @Col_McCoy who thought it was Dutchtastic. If so, apology accepted. The rest of the race was hard work but everything was clean from my perspective. Please more Thunderstorm! :cool:

Col_McCoy

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
ey @Nakor I just rewatched my vid and ur absolutely right, it was you.
I watched my PCARs replay and there is shows Dutchtastic, but on my personal video it clearly shows you!

So yeah, once again very sorry... was just carrying so much more speed and you were still breaking in the corner, which should have been my cue to tap the brake again! Than the closing speeds would have reduced and it probably would only been a light tap without the spin.

Diluvian

Community Member
Reaction score
Weird event for me. Own practice lobby I was by far faster with the wets compared to the dedi server. I know there were problems with desync weather, maybe I was a victim of that again :-/. Starting with the Qualy the track was completely wet right at the beginning (remembering people said that it's possible to drive with dry tires at the beginning? Not for me.) so I was on 13th place iirc.

For the race it started wet again (definitely as it should be, but I don't know if the others had a dry track at the beginning). As soon as the tunderstorm began I wasn't able to take the last chicane anymore because the puddle went so big that I had massive aquaplaning while cornering (@Nebs saw it several times I think and I almost lost the car in last lap lol). I don't know if everyone had that problems too, maybe we could compare some screenshots of that chicane?

In the end the race was still fair and competitive and everyone was driving really fair around me :). Too bad that there wasn't a livestream today :) (missing @Battenberg @Pamellaaa @FlyingKman)

Here how the puddle looked like. I disabled audio because I got aggressive. You can't actually see the whole puddle because of Vernux in front of me. There is no way driving around the puddle:

@TheDoctor46 sry for my bad result :(

Last edited:

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
yeah, just reporting the weather sync bug here again
exact same time in the race as Diluvian posted above. No puddle, no spray, no rain effect. Graphics are to high, and the "rain drop effect" game option is ON

Wanted to practice more but only to find myself waking up from bed half hour before the race, then completely messed up setup on tyres and brake ducts. Somehow the game decide not to change my tyres during pitstop, so I went through the pits 2 times. Eventually went retired to pits because the car became undrivable.

Last edited:

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That was a tricky one. I was too slow at getting up to speed in qualifying, and couldn't improve on my cautious banker lap as it got wetter, so started P17 after James' issue. The first few laps were very hazardous, with lots of action going on around me. I stayed out of most of the trouble and moved towards the top 10. I was then ran out of room on the outside coming down the hill, and rejoined after the old hairpin for safety, losing lots of places.

Soon after there was a big concetina heading onto the back straight, where some cars had come together and were blocking the track. A few more of us came around the corner at full speed, and had to take evasive manoeuvres. I was lucky to find a gap and made up a few places in the mayhem. I don't remember anyone calling it out, but I can understand if it all happened too quickly for someone to make a call.

I spun by myself and cooked the left rear. I also figured if I pitted now and rejoined in some clear air, I could lap quicker than those all fighting ahead. I think this payed off in the long run, as I was able to undercut most of those in the pack from earlier. As ever, I needed a few more minutes added to the end of the race, as I closed in on @Vernux , @Diluvian & @Nebs fighting for 5th on the last lap. I was steadily catching all of 3 of them in the final minutes, but with the lakes everywhere, I have no idea where I could get by. Anyway, I'm happy with 17th to 8th, in a car I'm not very familiar with. Good stuff!

Diluvian

Community Member
Reaction score
it really helps, change the starting parameters of the game in steam to:

-windowed -borderless

(at least I can alt tab now :D)

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
it really helps, change the starting parameters of the game in steam to:

-windowed -borderless

(at least I can alt tab now :D)
Thanks mate!

Weird event for me. Own practice lobby I was by far faster with the wets compared to the dedi server. I know there were problems with desync weather, maybe I was a victim of that again :-/. Starting with the Qualy the track was completely wet right at the beginning (remembering people said that it's possible to drive with dry tires at the beginning? Not for me.) so I was on 13th place iirc.

For the race it started wet again (definitely as it should be, but I don't know if the others had a dry track at the beginning). As soon as the tunderstorm began I wasn't able to take the last chicane anymore because the puddle went so big that I had massive aquaplaning while cornering (@Nebs saw it several times I think and I almost lost the car in last lap lol). I don't know if everyone had that problems too, maybe we could compare some screenshots of that chicane?

In the end the race was still fair and competitive and everyone was driving really fair around me :). Too bad that there wasn't a livestream today :) (missing @Battenberg @Pamellaaa @FlyingKman)

Here how the puddle looked like. I disabled audio because I got aggressive. You can't actually see the whole puddle because of Vernux in front of me. There is no way driving around the puddle:

@TheDoctor46 sry for my bad result :(
I think the puddle was same for everyone. Staying more on the left side and avoiding the first curb as much as possible worked quite well for me.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ha, I was running 50 radiator IIRC :D. And that's down from what I ran at Fuji. No wonder I always lack so much straight-line speed compared to some of you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread