Split 1 - R5: COTA - 27th November 2017 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Im hoping these lap times are time trial only and not race pace?! :D
Of course, they're time trial :)

I'm quicker in race conditions ............... I wish

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
i am posting this here but it could be on Split 2 too: it is unlikely i will be able to join today as a guest driver as my misses decide to have the groceries delivered today instead of the usual Tuesdays, and it can fall during the race. Will see :)

If we dont see each other, have a great race and ill join tomorrow for sure :).

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
My tyres are only good for a couple of laps before they get too hot, around late 90's. I've tried increasing the cold pressures a little, but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

TheDoctor46

Community Member
Reaction score
Thanks to someonetm I have to skip this race. :( My wheel is working against me since the latest hickup between pC2 and Fanatec driver/fw. It's no joy whatsoever to drive the car and gets worse on a technical track :shifty: Quite pissed and hoping the due patch will arrive early so I'm ready for the grand finale :blackeye:

Nebs

Community Member
Reaction score
Can't make the race tonight either, having to stay late at work :(

SharkyOB

Community Member
Reaction score
I can't make it either, yet again. I think I'm gonna sit out the rest of the season and come back for the next one.

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Guys, I won't be racing this evening. Have a good race.

Diluvian

Community Member
Reaction score
Aah damn, P2 in qualy but the race was a disaster for me (ended P7?). First couple of laps it was quite ok but the car then started to bounce a lot and I spun, crashed, damaged my suspension, engine, aero. Repaired everything but the car still was very twichty and bouncy.

Is it only me who noticed quite inconsistent brakes? Sometimes I completely missed the corner entry because the car simply didn't slow down enough lol :D

Seems I'm out of the championship :oops:

Last edited:

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Aah damn, P2 in qualy but the race was a disaster for me (ended P7?). First couple of laps it was quite ok but the car then started to bounce a lot and I spun, crashed, damaged my suspension, engine, aero. Repaired everything but the car still was very twichty and bouncy.

Is it only me who noticed quite inconsistent brakes? Sometimes I completely missed the corner entry because the car simply didn't slow down enough lol :D

I had similar issue with brakes, they were fine in practice but i really struggled with rear stability during the race

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Right, during practice with race conditions I was doing mid 37's, last night I could barely do 39's and the tyres were way over psi, had no grip and could barely keep the car on track. WTF

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Right, during practice with race conditions I was doing mid 37's, last night I could barely do 39's and the tyres were way over psi, had no grip and could barely keep the car on track. WTF

Because the track was even hotter under race conditions: more cars continuously on track and up to 32,5°C / 90,5°F air temperature in the second weather slot.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
So how do you practice for that then.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I always practice offline quick race first and check the different weather slots. In this case track temp with clear was about 15C more than with Heavy Cloud, that’s where I optimized my pressures to.

In online practice you need to do more laps in a row to see where the pressures settle (maybe 7-10). The difference is, that you start quali/practice with cold tires but the race with hot ones.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Possibly overheating. I didn't do any practice so I just took the quali setup and increased the brake ducts by about 50%, hoping it would be enough. It wasn't, they were regularly over 600C (>1100F).

The biggest problem I had was the sun glare into turn 1, which meant I couldn't see the turn at all.

Given that 3 days ago I was prepared to "pull a sickie", just to avoid this race, I'm just happy to have made it to the end and scored some points :eek:

There's a 3-way fight for the 3rd podium spot you know, with yourself, myself and Alex Salmon separated by just 6 points :). Also, if neither @Puffpirat or @t0daY make the last race (or crash out), all 3 of us could theoretically win the championship :)

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I had the exact same issues as @2scoops . I was setting consistent laps in the low 36s(race pace) in practice with no issues but lastnight nothing worked, my fastest lap was a 37.2. :(

Qualifying i really struggeled with the tires, managed a 36.8 but could easily find 7-8tenths in the first 2 sectors and lose it all in the last.

Race i managed to gain a place or 2 into turn 1 and then joined the train of cars behind @Alex Salmon and a good fight with @t0daY and @Nighttiger but the balance i had during practice under braking was not there. in previous races the pit stops have always been good to me, having found much better pace in the 2nd stint but this time the tires were just as bad(same pressures) i got 19 laps in and tires overheated going through the long right hander and i spun hitting the wall causing damage. Apologies to @Diluvian, i was trying to stay out of the way but no where to really go. I did 1 more lap and engine blew.

Im gutted with the way my season has gone, started off with a podium but since then its been 2 DNFs, 1 DNS due to "ready" bug and a 17th place finish. Iv had the pace for top 5 all season but a run of bad luck has ruined any chance of a decent result. Season Finale I'm hoping will be a turn around for me and allow me to recover some of the lost points, although I'm not feeling too optimistic at the moment, more practice is needed...

Diluvian

Community Member
Reaction score
Apologies to @Diluvian, i was trying to stay out of the way but no where to really go. I did 1 more lap and engine blew.

I said sorry to you after the incident because I misjudged the situation and made this situation more risky than needed (and lost my braking point). So everything's fine on my side chaps :)

@Cluck - the brakes are in perfect condition between 400-700°C (tested) and my temps were always inbetween there. It seems it's really related to the tire temps but then I would have experienced it every lap I think (and I did only sometimes experience the slow decelleration). And yes the sun was in quite bad position in turn 1 :D.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Reading the patch 3.0 notes for pCARS2, it looks like the GT4 tyres have had some changes. Just be aware of that when practicing for the final race, as the car might well feel different

EDIT : Ninja'd by @Shepard

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I said sorry to you after the incident because I misjudged the situation and made this situation more risky than needed (and lost my braking point). So everything's fine on my side chaps :)

@Cluck - the brakes are in perfect condition between 400-700°C (tested) and my temps were always inbetween there. It seems it's really related to the tire temps but then I would have experienced it every lap I think (and I did only sometimes experience the slow decelleration). And yes the sun was in quite bad position in turn 1 :D.
yeh no worries, i just thought might have got in the way a little.

Having read the posts above, im wondering if the brake temps are having an effect on overall tire temps? @Cluck maybe you could confirm this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread