Split 1 - R5: Spa-Francorchamps - 27th August 2018 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Car: Formula Renault 3.5
Track: Spa-Francorchamps
League Agreement: Mandatory Pitstop for the Feature Race

Date: Monday, 27th August 2018
17:30 UTC - Optional Practice
18:30 UTC - Driver Briefing (Mandatory)
18:40 UTC - Qualifying
18:50 UTC - Sprint Race
19:20 UTC - Qualifying
19:50 UTC - Feature Race

General
In-game Date:
Time Progression:
Weather Progression:

Qualifying
Duration:
Start Time:
Weather Forecast:

Race
Duration:
Start Time:
Weather Forecast:

Sprint
27th August 2018
Real Time
Sync to Race

10 mins
10:00
Medium Cloud

10 Laps
11:00
Heavy Cloud

Feature
27th August 2018
Real Time
Sync to Race

10 mins
15:00
Clear

20 Laps
16:00
Light Cloud > Random

Starting Procedure: Standing Start, when the in-game lights turn green the race starts - stay alert and look out for slow starters.

Please Notice
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the Driving Standards of RevolutionSimRacing. As a driver in our league, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the admins and leave a post in this thread before the race takes place in order to give reserve driver a chance to drive.

Confirmed No-Shows
@drukqs
@Stokemon
@fab. ICEMAN

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thrustmaster have said my replacement pedals will be a week from today. I'm hoping it'll be less. So it's unlikely I'll have them in time for this race.

I hope I do. Spa is made for these cars.

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sadly i am confirmed no show on this race.

I moved house today and they could not install the internet today...Mobile tethering is not an option at this point as it appears to not be fast here!

Have fun and GL guys!

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
No sign of the pedals arriving today, so sadly I'm a confirmed no show. @King-Kodiak @The Wayfaerer are you both around for commentary? If not I'd give a go at standing in for one of you as a second commentator since I can't race.

Reactions: Tom

King-Kodiak

Community Member
Reaction score
Who is commentating T2? Between us, with @Stokemon , I am sure we could get 2 commentators for both tiers for Spa

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
I would have loved to help out with commentary but I've got my eight month old nephew sleeping in the next room and don't want to be to one responsible for waking him up at 4:30am :p

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Ashnoom

Community Member
Reaction score
Looking forward for this evening. Have so far only had 10minutes of practice though, using my catalunya setup with a little reduced DF. I've noticed in those ten minutes that the car is quite stable (16/18DF compared to 20/20 on cata). However it is unstable entering/going through Les Combes.
Going up on Eau Rouge I can leave my DRS open, up till the point you have to steer left for Raidillon then I have to close it.

So quite stable, except throughout Les Combes. Any setup tips that I should look at this evening?

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Looking forward for this evening. Have so far only had 10minutes of practice though, using my catalunya setup with a little reduced DF. I've noticed in those ten minutes that the car is quite stable (16/18DF compared to 20/20 on cata). However it is unstable entering/going through Les Combes.
Going up on Eau Rouge I can leave my DRS open, up till the point you have to steer left for Raidillon then I have to close it.

So quite stable, except throughout Les Combes. Any setup tips that I should look at this evening?

I have exactly the same issue, and nothing fixed it for me. I'll be driving around at the back tonight. o_O

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Jonno you okay with that mate?

Disclaimer: I may be rubbish

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Is it possible we can do a whole session without saying 'bants' Haha XD

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sorry guys I cant race today. Installing new kitchen and its a MESS :banghead:

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
What a disaster. I had everything to gain here. Despite being taken off track on T1 via coming together with @Elodyr I manage to avoid damage, but was last so did an early pit. Then I clipped a bollard, just touched it, but 12% damage to front win lost 20kph and started giving me more engine damage than I was expecting.I got nervous I would not last to the end so I went in to repair then engine + aero for 1min of repairs. Looking at the final result I was only 1m40 of the leader, with 1m40 of a silly repair I could probably had avoided. :( A wasted opportunity.

EDIT: I misread because I was a further lap down. I wasn't so close after all. Somewhere in the top 8 maybe if I had not looked the wrong way at that bollard. Bollards!!! ;)

Last edited:

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
What a disaster. I had everything to gain here. Despite being taken off track on T1 via coming together with @Elodyr I manage to avoid damage, but was last so did an early pit. Then I clipped a bollard, just touched it, but 12% damage to front win lost 20kph and started giving me more engine damage than I was expecting.I got nervous I would not last to the end so I went in to repair then engine + aero for 1min of repairs. Looking at the final result I was only 1m40 of the leader, with 1m40 of a silly repair I could probably had avoided. :( A wasted opportunity.
And here I wanted to thank whoever removed the bollards... Unlucky man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread