Split 1 - R5: Spa-Francorchamps - 27th August 2018 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sorry I vanished 10mins before the briefing, personal stuff came up that had to dealt with there and then. Apologies all!

Such a shame as I had put quite a lot of practice into this event.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sorry again for a no-show. I got finally my fanatec stuff and thought I could mount it in time. Had unexpected issues which took way longer than I thought... But, finally its installed and ready to use!!!

Gosku

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Fun races :D Sprint race in t1 coming out of the corner ran ever so slightly into rear of @Taorminator got 15 front wing damage so basicly was running behind a pitstop had a little fight with @Elodyr but he was eventually faster but luckily for me second to last lap he made a mistake and got into p10.

Feature race had good running until lap 4 @Battenberg spun in no name so got distracted and spun also but luckily without damage :D After that ran alone for the rest of the coming into last lap 10th place. Without realizing that someone had crashed i went on to have bit of fun being last one on lap and trying to drift through blauncemont and luckily not binning it since i could have lost a place not finishing that lap but in the end made it over the line for p9 realizing then that i almost lost a place if my wheels had come off :D

last lap crash:

All in all two top 10 finishes with super bad pace but with couple good saves managed to avoid damaging car more than lap 1 on sprint race

Elodyr

Community Member
Reaction score
What a disaster. I had everything to gain here. Despite being taken off track on T1 via coming together with @Elodyr I manage to avoid damage, but was last so did an early pit. Then I clipped a bollard, just touched it, but 12% damage to front win lost 20kph and started giving me more engine damage than I was expecting.I got nervous I would not last to the end so I went in to repair then engine + aero for 1min of repairs. Looking at the final result I was only 1m40 of the leader, with 1m40 of a silly repair I could probably had avoided. :( A wasted opportunity.

Sorry about T1, I was focused on Col Mc Coy going down my left side and just realised in my replay that you shot by on the outside. Also didn't get damage and was 3rd to last and somehow finished 3rd overall with everything that went down in front.

Fun races :D Sprint race in t1 coming out of the corner ran ever so slightly into rear of @Taorminator got 15 front wing damage so basicly was running behind a pitstop had a little fight with @Elodyr but he was eventually faster but luckily for me second to last lap he made a mistake and got into p10.

Was just a stupid mishap from my side when I wasn't fully concentrating and just spun off hitting my rear into the wall. Definitely have to be more careful in the last 2 rounds to not give up any more points :/

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
Who was lucky?! I was lucky :D
Would have been a P6 or so result on the first race but I crashed it on the exit of Malmedy because I opened the DRS too early on the kerb, a few % down on concentration and off I went. It was the last lap so I hobbled back to finish. However the start was wicked.

I learned my lesson for the Feature race. What shall I say, things went well xD
The Highlights

2:06 My first try outside the Bus-Stop was on @Col_McCoy, didn't work but nice racing!
4:58 was a tight moment between me and @Diluvian. I was a little bit ahead for the corner but you braked so late and turned in sharp, that surprised me. From my point of view your overtake should have worked, I didn't expect us to cut lines but for me there was a little bit of space so should have worked out. Really nice try from you there! Great fair play from you calling to go on

5:55 The dive on the bus stop was awesome! I stayed outside and tried to brake late and stay in front after the left bend. It worked partly for me even though I looked up a bit too much. I was surprised you weren't there any more after the chicane xD
6:25 Battle for P3 äh P2 with @Elodyr, I was actually pretty far back there but I wanted that Podium! And it was close but nice!

Last edited:

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
Wow what a couple of races and never expected to bag a win in one of them! In season 3 I managed some podium finishes but after that none. I knew I could drive Top 4 and then see what happens and boy did shit go down.

My sprint race was decent, Qualified 5th and finished 5th, had a battle with @Col_McCoy a few laps into the race and suddenly when entering side by side, @Col_McCoy launches in the air. We touched wheels but somehow he got launced and I had nothing. Really not much else I could do when racing there, too bad the physics decided it would be this way and ending his race, it was great side-by-side action (@miagi went 4-wide there without issues xD):

The feature race was where all the crazy stuff happened. I managed a qood qualifying and got 4th, had a good start and was starting to build a gap to the guys behind and the top 3 was pulling away. I noticed I could keep up in the 2nd sector but they were pulling away fast on the straights. Suddenly @ProjectPD was sideways on the track, I noticed it and stayed calm, I was confident that PD would stay stationary and not do anything unpredictable so I braked a bit and avoided him on the side. Then a mere 20 seconds later @Puffpirat was into the wall after opening his DRS to early giving me 2nd. All was going well, lost some time on @SBart_uk and gained around a second per lap on the guys behind. Pitted with the guys behind continuing.

Suddenly at the end of the Kemmel Straight when steering into Les Combes, my screen FROZE for 3 seconds. I just braked and steered a bit straight and prayed all would be well. @kobusnell saw it happening and said I was glitching over the track. After 3 seconds all was working again and I was on the runoff and could continue, but boy that could've ended my race easily if it happened somewhere else. After losing that time I pushed as hard as I could as @miagi and @Diluvian could now undercut me. Luckily that was not the case since the gap was big enough. Just continued on my merry way, took it easy the last 2 laps (no aggressive DRS) as the gaps around me were pretty big and I didn't want to crash. Suddenly I see @SBart_uk crawling on the track in the last lap with a broken car and I could overtook him for P1! My hard was really pounding and I could not believe this was happening! When I finished I was so happy and had a really enjoyable race! Thanks to all for the good racing!

00:00 start
00:26 @ProjectPD spins and is sideways on the track and @Puffpirat is in the wall
00:58 Heartfreezing screenfreeze
01:22 Overtaking @SBart_uk and drive to the finish line!

Last edited:

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Wow what a couple of races and never expected to bag a win in one of them! In season 3 I managed some podium finishes but after that none. I knew I could drive Top 4 and then see what happens and boy did shit go down.

My sprint race was decent, Qualified 5th and finished 5th, had a battle with @Col_McCoy a few laps into the race and suddenly when entering side by side, @Col_McCoy launches in the air. We touched wheels but somehow he got launced and I had nothing. Really not much else I could do when racing there, too bad the physics decided it would be this way and ending his race, it was great side-by-side action (@miagi went 4-wide there without issues xD):

The feature race was where all the crazy stuff happened. I managed a qood qualifying and got 4th, had a good start and was starting to build a gap to the guys behind and the top 3 was pulling away. I noticed I could keep up in the 2nd sector but they were pulling away fast on the straights. Suddenly @ProjectPD was sideways on the track, I noticed it and stayed calm, I was confident that PD would stay stationary and not do anything unpredictable so I braked a bit and avoided him on the side. Then a mere 20 seconds later @Puffpirat was into the wall after opening his DRS to early giving me 2nd. All was going well, lost some time on @SBart_uk and gained around a second per lap on the guys behind. Pitted with the guys behind continuing.

Suddenly at the end of the Kemmel Straight when steering into Les Combes, my screen FROZE for 3 seconds. I just braked and steered a bit straight and prayed all would be well. @kobusnell saw it happening and said I was glitching over the track. After 3 seconds all was working again and I was on the runoff and could continue, but boy that could've ended my race easily if it happened somewhere else. After losing that time I pushed as hard as I could as @miagi and @Diluvian could now undercut me. Luckily that was not the case since the gap was big enough. Just continued on my merry way, took it easy the last 2 laps (no aggressive DRS) as the gaps around me were pretty big and I didn't want to crash. Suddenly I see @SBart_uk crawling on the track in the last lap with a broken car and I could overtook him for P1! My hard was really pounding and I could not believe this was happening! When I finished I was so happy and had a really enjoyable race! Thanks to all for the good racing!

00:00 start
00:26 @ProjectPD spins and is sideways on the track and @Puffpirat is in the wall
00:58 Heartfreezing screenfreeze
01:22 Overtaking @SBart_uk and drive to the finish line!
OMG that screen freeze. Congratulations mate that was a sweet result.

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
OMG that screen freeze. Congratulations mate that was a sweet result.
Thanks Paul, you really upped your pace last races as well! Impressive as a newcomer in split 1!

And yeah the screenfreeze, it is so weird and very very terrifying. No idea what can cause it...

Gosku

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I have had same type of screen freezes and they seem most of the time completely random(excluding huge crashes) and they have happened only on online races during race section

SBart_uk

Community Member
Reaction score
My races were also a bit of a disaster, I was off the pace in qually & underestimated the slipstream. I took the shorter ratios for race 1 and couldn't really use the slipstream to its full effect. In race 2 it was pretty close and couldn't believe my luck when I saw @ProjectPD & @Puffpirat spin off. From that point on I was really comfortable until a silly loss of concentration on the last lap made me forget if I'd pressed the drs button or not. I moved to the right a bit and hit the curb in Eau Rouge which sent me into the wall and gave me heavy damage. Unfortunately I'd ran the radiator right on the limit and the crash meant the engine blew up before I could make it to the line :(.

My stream:

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Let me bore you with my story.

I feel so out of my depth here. My times around spa were not great. I decided prior to the race to start from the back. I managed a high 58 in qualy practice, but I think I'd still be at the back. Never managed a sub 2:00 in practice, let me rather not be in the way. Based on the ginetta race and my Catalunya experience where 6 rear wing cost me more than a second a lap, I made my starting position choice. I stayed well clear of the other cars through la source, but honestly thought there'd be more mayhem.

Sprint race went okay. Finished 8th, and that is basically only due to other's mistakes. I would drive by spinners etc, saying to myself survive, survive. Overtook @miagi in the bus stop on the final lap, but was so scared of his damaged car that my tentative overtaking almost cost me. I think 8th is my best finish.

Feature race mostly the same. Had a nice tussle with @Ashnoom who made a mistake into bus stop so I overtook him. Didn't drive into him this time, ✅ . I think dirty air really unsettled his car, so he went for the undercut. I think I put in a couple of good laps, building a gap on lower fuel, when @Nighttiger exited the pits and I decided to slot in behind my team mate. Then les combes came and his car went off, suddenly appeared right in front of my car again, and then went off again. I went off myself, trying to miss the sleeping policemen, and got the fright of my life. Not the I lap I wanted, but only a couple of seconds lost. Anyway, managed to pit and exit a second or two in front of Ash and set off again. Nearer the end I tried to catch @steveg200 but I could do nothing about the Gap. Maybe reduced it a bit, but that's mostly my imagination.
Finished 8th again, due to other's misfortune. All in all, for a race that I had very little hope, not making mistakes really helped.

Big congrats to my team mate @Nighttiger for the feature race victory. @SBart_uk that video is tragic. To make it to so far only fo the engine to blow is extremely cruel.

I remember seeing @ProjectPD stuck in the pit lane, and I basically pressed the look behind button through the whole straight :eek:.

@King-Kodiak and @The Wayfaerer brilliant stream. Was great fun to watch the stream afterwards.

I love being allowed to race with you guys. Thanks guys, thanks admins!

ProjectPD

Community Member
Reaction score
If my math is correct @Puffpirat is now 1 point in front of me in the championship (strike results included).
I think when the championship is over I will call myself "theforeversecond" :bag:

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yesterday...the night of the lost opportunities.

Two races mate, this will go down to the wire :)

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Here's my video. It was great fun to wrestle the cars around the track, but it wasn't to be my night.

4:50 - Qualy 1 Hot Lap. This was actually my banker lap, I could have qualified a place or 2 higher, but P8 was still good.
14:00 - Race 1 start. 4 wide on the Kemmel straight brought the heart rate up! Some wreck avoidance and a mistake at Pouhon put me down the order. I end the lap in P11 after some pitstops ahead.
17:10 - Free pass for P10.
18:25 - Easy pass for P9. Start of some quick laps to catch up to car ahead.
26:25 - Caught up to P9, start of battle.
28:30 - Battle climax.
29:10 - I consider limping it home to get some points, but it would have been too unsafe to do a whole lap. End of race.
42:00 - Random weather slot spinnomatron
52:50 - Qualy 2 lap.
56:10 - A fumble in the menus cost me another flying lap by about 2 seconds. The out lap felt very quick, but not quick enough.
1:03:35 - Race 2 start. The car is much looser than in race 1, lots of people (including me) struggle with the hotter temps. Up to P7 due to mistakes up ahead.
1:06:05 - Up 3 positions in 1 lap, due to 3 separate mistakes up ahead.
1:08:25 - Some badly timed stutters.
1:09:50 - Really struggling with the rear end now.
1:10:40 - I hit a curb of death, and damage the rear. I limp back to the pits, crabbing all the way.
1:13:55 - End of pitstop.
1:14:25 - More badly timed stutters. I pull over to toggle ASW to try and fix it.
1:16:00 - Big spin at Blanchimont.
1:16:40 - Crash at Radillon. I hit my breaking point with the unpredictable rear end, frequent stuttering mid corner, and being miles behind everyone.
1:17:15 - Live timing to the end.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
If my math is correct @Puffpirat is now 1 point in front of me in the championship (strike results included).

I made a small spreadsheet to track our progress and dramatically called it title battle :D With two events to go I'm 5 points in the lead, the Final value includes the strike result. This is so close :eek:

upload_2018-8-30_14-11-51.png

ProjectPD

Community Member
Reaction score
Just victorys counting now :cool:
If one of us do not succeed, the otherone probably will.
This is nerve-racking :nailbiting:
Can´t we race next week and the one after? I want that thriller done as fast as I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread