Split 1 - R6: Indianapolis - 10th September 2018 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
round-6-banner-1.jpg

Car:
Formula Renault 3.5
Track: Indianapolis GP
League Agreement: Mandatory Pitstop for the Feature Race

Date: Monday, 10th September 2018
17:30 UTC - Optional Practice
18:30 UTC - Driver Briefing (Mandatory)
18:40 UTC - Qualifying
18:50 UTC - Sprint Race
19:20 UTC - Qualifying
19:50 UTC - Feature Race

General
In-game Date:
Time Progression:
Weather Progression:

Qualifying
Duration:
Start Time:
Weather Forecast:

Race
Duration:
Start Time:
Weather Forecast:

Sprint
10th September 2018
Real Time
Sync to Race

10 mins
08:00
Light Cloud

16 Laps
09:00
Clear

Feature
10th September 2018
Real Time
Sync to Race

10 mins
16:00
Medium Cloud

32 Laps
17:00
Heavy Cloud

Starting Procedure: Standing Start, when the in-game lights turn green the race starts - stay alert and look out for slow starters.

Please Notice
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the Driving Standards of RevolutionSimRacing. As a driver in our league, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the admins and leave a post in this thread before the race takes place in order to give reserve driver a chance to drive.

Confirmed No-Shows
@drukqs
@Diluvian
@steveg200

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
i'm a confirmed no show. I am in Portugal until the 16th.

Diluvian

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry guys, due to monday night training courses (until mid november) I most likely can't participate to the last two races. :(

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

In case it helps anybody. Not that it should, I hate this circuit with a passion and have no idea what the correct lines are. Setup is the same as the Spa one I think, so VERY high downforce!

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Hey Guys.

Having never raced this track before, can I check the pit lanes, its a little confusing thanks to the "unique" way this track is marked.

This bit is not limited?
upload_2018-9-9_19-1-27.png

The limiter starts here?
upload_2018-9-9_19-2-27.png

Limit removes here?
upload_2018-9-9_19-3-23.png

Stay to the right here?
upload_2018-9-9_19-4-15.png

Finally Exit here?
upload_2018-9-9_19-5-2.png

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Patch 7 has just been released so please make sure you get updated before joining the race tonight

EDIT: The patch is ~1.5GB by the way, so please make sure you allow the appropriate amount of time to download it. You WILL need to be on the latest patch or you will not be able to join the server.

@Alex Salmon @Battenberg @Col_McCoy @Damian Hall @Diluvian @F4H Murphy @fab. ICEMAN @miagi @Nighttiger @ProjectPD @Puffpirat @SBart_uk @t0daY @Ashnoom @CatchAGlimpse @drukqs @Dutchtastic @Elodyr @Gosku @kaleeb42 @kobusnell @steveg200 @Stokemon @Taorminator @TX3 Ulti @UnstopaPaul

Last edited:

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
What could possibly go wrong xD

Thanks for the heads up Cluck!

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Patch 7 has just been released so please make sure you get updated before joining the race tonight

EDIT: The patch is ~1.5GB by the way, so please make sure you allow the appropriate amount of time to download it. You WILL need to be on the latest patch or you will not be able to join the server.

@Alex Salmon @Battenberg @Col_McCoy @Damian Hall @Diluvian @F4H Murphy @fab. ICEMAN @miagi @Nighttiger @ProjectPD @Puffpirat @SBart_uk @t0daY @Ashnoom @CatchAGlimpse @drukqs @Dutchtastic @Elodyr @Gosku @kaleeb42 @kobusnell @steveg200 @Stokemon @Taorminator @TX3 Ulti @UnstopaPaul
Uhhhhhh, any idea if this will impact car behaviour and setups?

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Uhhhhhh, any idea if this will impact car behaviour and setups?
To the best of my knowledge, no.

I* have the luxury of being able to test the feel of cars back-to-back between the test and public builds and I haven't noticed a difference - that is to say, I don't notice any difference in car behaviour in time-trial, nor in the times I can do.

* and I'm not the only one here

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge, no.

I* have the luxury of being able to test the feel of cars back-to-back between the test and public builds and I haven't noticed a difference - that is to say, I don't notice any difference in car behaviour in time-trial, nor in the times I can do.

* and I'm not the only one here
Awesome, thanks for the feedback. I'd imagine with your (very impressive) on-the-edge driving style you'd notice any changes quite easily.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks for the feedback. I'd imagine with your (very impressive) on-the-edge driving style you'd notice any changes quite easily.
Only if things are very different. It's one thing I've always made very clear to people, that I am not somebody to ask to pass comment on re. handling or physics. I will drive whatever I am given and will drive around any quirks or mistakes in a car's setup/physics (unless it is so far wrong that it is clearly broken).

Anyhoo, that's a topic for another day. Back to discussing the race tonight :)

steveg200

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I won't be here for the race tonight , sorry guy's have fun .

Ashnoom

Community Member
Reaction score
This race was fun, Except for my @#%@# mistake at race 1, lap 1, turn 2. Gotten a bit too wide, two wheels touched the grass, had over/understeer wiggle, touched, spun 180°, got hit, spun back 180° and race was over. Still continued, finished 11th. I noticed a lot more tire wear compared to previous races (due new patch?)

Race 2 was way better, made a mistake second lap or so, but had no contact no where. Made a few more smaller errors, which were completely unnecessary from my side because I was not fighting anyone. Lost me one extra place, but still finished 10th. So yay. Had fun with @Gosku and @kobusnell before the pitstops. Thanks!

Race one video:

Race two video:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread