Split 1 - R6: Long Beach - 4th December 2017 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
League Round Banner - RND6.png

Car: Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport MR
Track: Long Beach
League Agreement: Mandatory Pitstop

Date: Monday, 4th December 2017
18:30 UTC - Optional Practice
19:30 UTC - Driver Briefing
19:40 UTC - Qualifying
20:00 UTC - Race

Race
Date: 4th June 2017
Time Progression: 5x
Weather Progression: Sync to Race

Qualifying Duration: 20 minutes
Qualifying Start Time: 23:00

Qualifying Weather Forecast: Heavy Cloud

Race Time: 75 minutes
Race Start Time: 00:00
Race Weather Forecast: Clear > Overcast > Clear

Realism Settings
Force Realistic Driving Aids:
Yes
Force Manual Pitstops: Yes
Tire Wear: Authentic
Fuel Depletion: Yes

Track Limit Penalties: Off
Allowable Time Penalty: Off
Drive-Through Penalties: Off
Pit Exit Penalty: Off

Starting Procedure: Rolling Start, the pole driver will lead the field through the formation lap. The speed limit for the lead car will be 50mph / 80kph. We are going to form up in a 2×2 formation at the beginning of sector 3, maintaining our speed. Odd numbers on the right side and even numbers on the left side.

Please Notice
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the Driving Standards of RevolutionSimRacing. As a driver in our league, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the admins and leave a post in this thread before the race takes place in order to give reserve driver a chance to drive.

Confirmed No-Shows
@Puffpirat
@rillo7105
@2scoops
@Gopher04
@BumperCarrotNL
@MelBonkers
@Nebs
@Zsolt Benczedi

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Just a heads up, Long Beach at night is my worst case test for performance in the rift. It’s brutal. Check your gfx settings with a few AI cars to avoid very low FPS.

I wish everyone a good race. Except everyone who still has a chance to overtake me in the standings xD I’ll try to watch the stream in Finland :)

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up, Long Beach at night is my worst case test for performance in the rift. It’s brutal. Check your gfx settings with a few AI cars to avoid very low FPS.

I wish everyone a good race. Except everyone who still has a chance to overtake me in the standings xD I’ll try to watch the stream in Finland :)

Noticed that too. My fps fell to 50ish, especially in turn 2/3, whereas I'm normally running fixed 80 fps even in rain.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
EDIT : Forgot to mention, loving the 5x time acceleration. Watching the sun rise here is going to be quite spectacular so I hope we can get somebody broadcasting it :)

As an early note, please be aware that the pit exit comes out right into the path of the "wide" entry into T1. Treat this corner the same way you would treat Donington, taking extra care when you know people are in the pit-lane. Also, each of us MUST make extra sure that we call out that we are leaving the pit lane (not your pit box, call it as you approach the end of the pit area, where the speed limit ends usually) to give approaching drivers more opportunity to avoid contact.

In real life, drivers must not cross the blue painted line, that extends almost all the way down from the pit-lane exit to T1. We don't have those limitations in-game.

Taking my staff hat off (so don't read this as official guidance - yet!), please also note that the correct line for Turn 5 is LEFT of the kerbs. It is possible to cut inside them (to the right) but you should treat those kerbs as your "white line" on other tracks and keep at least 2 wheels to the left of the kerbs.

Last edited:
G

Gopher04

Also the pit exit line goes all the way to turn 1, so don't cross the line..

rillo7105

Community Member
Reaction score
Going to miss this one. We are going to Germany to visit my family, drinking some beer and glühwein. Might have some bratwursts also :)

Thnx for the season guys!

/Rillo

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Going to miss this one. We are going to Germany to visit my family, drinking some beer and glühwein. Might have some bratwursts also :)

Thnx for the season guys!

/Rillo

Don't forget to get some crack whores too

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
Soo, Long Beach. What is Long Beach? Some Indy thing? :(.
Watched some videos today. It looks like good fun. I'm gonna try have some practice (at least learn what corner is next) today, hope to see someone there. :)

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The Toyota GP of Long Beach is kind of the Indycar version of the Monaco GP in F1, it is the most prestigious race after the Indy 500 in the Indycar Series.

The track isn't to difficult to learn concerning the layout, but getting really quick and comfortable between the concrete walls takes some time

Last edited:

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
A @Cluck beating lap, hard work :D The setup is a quick and dirty update of my COTA set. Feels good overall, but I guess there is fine tune potential :)

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
GO!!! @Cluck GO!!! POWER TO THE CLUCK!!! :D

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
A @Cluck beating lap, hard work :D The setup is a quick and dirty update of my COTA set. Feels good overall, but I guess there is fine tune potential :)

not even doing the race and u want to be fastest :D

just to bring the laptimes back to a raceable level...my fastest with race fuel is a 1:24.1 so far, car is feeling alot better but still needs tweaking

Diluvian

Community Member
Reaction score
ez time. :eek::D

[e]Aah @Puffpirat you're only first because I don't want to share my setup :p

Last edited:

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
Should we respect the red line, as if it's white? I'm asking because of turn 8,9,10.
I would definitely be *for* using it as white line around the pit exit.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Should we respect the red line, as if it's white? I'm asking because of turn 8,9,10.

We (Staff) will take a look into this and let you guys know as fast as possible :)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
See my earlier post in this thread :)

There are indeed places where it is possible to 'cut' inside the red line. Most of these will trigger the cut-track warning (if you have it enabled) but the inside of T6 can be cut without a trigger. The ones that have the potential to reduce your laptimes are:

T5 - keep to the left of the saw-tooth kerbs
T6 - don't go too wide on the exit
T8 - don't cut too hard into the corner
T9 - don't cut too much to the right of this corner
T10 - this is a VERY marginal call to be honest, you can only very briefly put more than 2 wheels to the left of the red line but, to be safe, keep 2 wheels on the tarmac

For the other corners that can theoretically be cut (eg. T1 and T4), the kerbs will see to it that there's no point doing so ;)

My advice would be to treat the red lines as white lines, to avoid any potential for being called out during the race or afterwards. It's far easier if people know the possible limits - and stick to them - beforehand, rather than chancing it and kicking up a stink later :)

I'll put some screenshots up to make it clear what is and is not acceptable, so that there is no confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread