Split 1 - R6: Long Beach - 4th December 2017 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDoctor46

Community Member
Reaction score
1:22.... freaks! :brb: In other news, new patch finally made my wheel working again, so I'm (mostly) ready for the city rollercoaster :happy:

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
G

Gopher04

I'm out of this one as well, didn't realise the race alone was 75mins, there's no way I can stay seated for that long right now..

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
Did some calculations. Apparently this will be the only race in this cup with re-fueling. Though it won't be impossible to finish on one tank :p

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Did some calculations. Apparently this will be the only race in this cup with re-fueling. Though it won't be impossible to finish on one tank :p
quick splash and dash in 2nd pitstop then i guess

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
quick splash and dash in 2nd pitstop then i guess
Are you planning to do two pitstops than? I'm also leaning towards two. I mean, I haven't done 17-18 laps in one stint yet (the walls) :) , but I can imagine the tyres will be trashed.
This looks like it's gonna be an interesting event! If someone finishes without any aero damage, he should get extra points :D

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Are you planning to do two pitstops than? I'm also leaning towards two. I mean, I haven't done 17-18 laps in one stint yet (the walls) :) , but I can imagine the tyres will be trashed.
This looks like it's gonna be an interesting event! If someone finishes without any aero damage, he should get extra points :D
Thats the plan at the moment, i will do a full race sim over the weekend to see what i can do. im thinking the tire strategy will be Hard,Soft,Hard. Well i plan on finishing with no damage but after the run of races iv had i will be happy to get to the finish! :D

Diluvian

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm currently at 1:23:7 best (still room for improvement) with 100l fuel and race setup. Stable 1:24:000 for me currently. Car suits very good to the track I think :). It's interesting to see how the stability changes when changing one single damper setting one click more soft or more hard.

Should be possible with one pitstop I think? You loose quite a lot of time during a pitstop.

My average fuel consumption is about 2l per lap and propably around 106l overall. I think I go with refueling. 10l refueling wont take too much time I hope? :D

How well are you guys doing? :)

Last edited:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
1:23.1 is my best on a full tank, at the start of the race. Well, OK, that's a lie, it was 3 laps in.

Realistically, though, high 1m23 laps are good safe laps to be running with a stable setup and not trying to do quali lap after quali lap after quali lap.

I really don't have time to do any more testing so I'm going to wing it and run a single stop. I'm one of those that prefers the cars when they have a bit of cool slip in them (rather than hot slip) because at least I can force a little heat into them that way if needs be. As for fuel, refuelling is always painfully slow and can't be done whilst changing tyres so the less time spent refuelling the better.

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
My best on race-fuel is sub 1:24 (just), Stable between 1:24 - 1:25

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
My best on race-fuel is sub 1:24 (just), Stable between 1:24 - 1:25
Similar pace to me, I set multiple 23.6 laps(within 0.002 of eachother) but im happy with mid 24s

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Drive slower guys! :eek:
1:27.9 is fast enough for you lot.

At least I'd have a proper chance of winning then, if I don't botch it up again :p

Col_McCoy

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So concerning track limits, I think I'm one of the more strict persons.....

In my oppinion, for Long Beach, track limits should be the wall! We have an amazing 75 minute race ahead of us, where I can't see a deliberate way of exceeding/cutting track limits and also gaining an advantage. If there is any corner where there is an advantage, I'm 100% sure you'll get punished at some point.

Yes we need to discuss the PIT EXIT (and entry). But that's like Monaco. We all know the pit exit is part of the race track and the strict rules apply for the guys exiting the pit. So I think we should stick to the pit exit lines for sure. And take this curby thingy at the beginning of the pit exit, as a reference where the drivers on a racing lap are not allowed to cross. At the end of this curby thingy the speed difference is either big enough, or the guy exiting the pit is still in your way and you need to take the alternate line.. the advantage is, whenever there is a guy next to you, you are sure to be able to overtake him.

TheDoctor46

Community Member
Reaction score
I'd take Puffys TT lap as reference for a valid lap. You don't gain much going wide over the red lines + you're always risking hitting the wall doing so.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately i'm not going to be able to make the finale.

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Unfortunately i will not be able to join as a guest driver for this final race. I am working late shift this week.

Good luck everyone in this split and split 2. I'll see you guys for the Texas Chain Massacre next Sunday :D

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
What could be a really big problem on this track are spinners, crashes and re-joins. Since there is very little space, no run-offs and blind corners.
In my *very humble* opinion, it will be crucial to get the information on team speak as soon as possible. Also, I don't think all of the guys know the corner numbers, I know I don't, so using the "first sector" "second sector" "third/last sector" could be better.
Just trying to be helpful. ;)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
What could be a really big problem on this track are spinners, crashes and re-joins. Since there is very little space, no run-offs and blind corners.
In my *very humble* opinion, it will be crucial to get the information on team speak as soon as possible. Also, I don't think all of the guys know the corner numbers, I know I don't, so using the "first sector" "second sector" "third/last sector" could be better.
Just trying to be helpful. ;)
Further to this, overtaking is going to be VERY difficult at this circuit so please be more patient than usual. There is no margin for error here and a rash overtake could easily put at least one driver into the wall. Realistically, there are only 2 properly safe places to overtake:

T11 - T1
T8 - T9

Further to that, there are 2 other semi-safe places

T5 - T6 : though this is quite short, so you really need to be on it to get past safely here)
T6 - T8 : T7 is just a kink in the track, not really a turn but, as with T5-T6, this is a fairly short section of track to get past in

everywhere else on the circuit is a huge gamble and you risk putting yourself and the other driver into the wall.

Finally, qualifying. We are going to have 20+ people on track in this session, all desperate to be as far up the front as possible, due to the difficulty in overtaking here. We all have to have our lights on and all of us have every right to be out on track, so it's not going to be as easy as usual to spot who's on a warm-up lap and who's on a hotlap. If you are on a warm-up lap, stay OFF the racing line and keep a close eye on your mirror. If you get caught behind a slower driver who's on their own quick lap, suck it up, back off and try again on the next lap. If the slower guys want to move out of the way, that's on them but they are under NO obligation to do so. I know this gets brought up and I know it's in our driving standards but the stakes are really high for this race and it would be a shame to end this season on a sour note.

Let's go out there and have a fantastic 75 minutes of racing through the night :)

Diluvian

Community Member
Reaction score
If there is some crash and the others approaching the area can't pass those crashed cars and have to brake down right until stillstand we should stay fair and not try to exploit the situation and gain advantages and overtake others waiting there until the track is free again. Or how should we handle that? :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread