Split 1 - R6: Spa - 3rd Jul 2017 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Banner Spa.png

Car:
Caterham SP/300.R
Track: Spa Francorshamps
League Agreement: Mandatory Pitstop

Date: Monday, 3rd July 2017
17:30 UTC - Optional Practice
18:30 UTC - Driver Briefing
18:45 UTC - Qualifying
19:00 UTC - Race (75 minutes)

Qualifying: 15 minutes
Laps: 1+34
Ingame Date: 3rd July 2017
Ingame Time: 6:00
Time Progression: 5x
Weather Conditions: Fog > Rain > Medium Cloud
Weather Progression: Sync to Race

Driving Aids: Real
Tire Wear Multiplier: Real
Fuel Usage Multiplier: Real

Starting Procedure: Rolling Start, the lead car will lead the field through the formation lap. The speed limit for the lead car will be 50mph / 80kph. We are going to form up in a 2×2 formation at the red marker maintaining our 50mph / 80kph speed. Odd numbers will be on the left side and even numbers on the right side.

Please Notice

Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the Driving Standards of RevolutionSimRacing. As a driver in our league, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the admins and leave a post in this thread before the race takes place in order to give reserve driver a chance to drive.

Confirmed No-Shows
@PatatorJohn
@GioVtec
@Nighttiger
@Thomas Sikora
@Battenberg
@Laiders
@MelBonkers

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Results

PatatorJohn

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Hi Gents,

I'll be traveling far away during this race. Though it deeply pains me, as I love this track, I will not be able to attend.
Have fun! ;)

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
God damn @SBart_uk, you are supremely quick around spa... my previous best was some 6s off your time trial pace... managed to get it down to 1.6s but damn man, still, I have managed to get my average lap time deficit down from 3s per lap to you wheel pro's ahahaha

GioVtec

Head RSR Designs
Community Member
Reaction score
Please, add me to the No-Shows List.

Reason: Retired from the cup

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
hmmmm... best I can manage in race conditions (practise lobby) is a 2.08.8, in a qualy session I can get that down to 2.07.6 with boost, 18l of fuel in race setup (15% radiator & 1-1 df).
Hope the race pace isn't too much faster as 34 laps of spa is a loooooong race haha

SBart_uk

Community Member
Reaction score
God damn @SBart_uk, you are supremely quick around spa... my previous best was some 6s off your time trial pace... managed to get it down to 1.6s but damn man, still, I have managed to get my average lap time deficit down from 3s per lap to you wheel pro's ahahaha

I'm sure 3's will be more than possible with some setup tweaks as I only ran a few laps with the brands setup but it seemed to work well :)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'll very much be in the 'also rans' on this race, Spa is a track I can never do a decent lap of, no matter what the car :(. It should, however, be a quite epic finale to this season :).

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure I can make it home on time for this one. I have to take my poorly car to the dealership on a flatbed truck after work, and will have to get a series of trains and buses back :(

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I've just realised something and it's awfully clever*. This race is going to simulate a 6 Hours of Spa race! Nice one :pompous:

* not clever on my part but of the admin

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
Sadly due to unexpected circumstances, I cannot make it for the race tomorrow :(. Was very hyped....

Col_McCoy

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So the quick dry setup is deadly in the rain... what about to do with the wings ;-)
The radiator setting is also deadly if don't calculate it for the later stage of the race (not even speaking about forgetting to change it from qually)
When it starts to rain staying out to long is deadly, but going in to early kills your tyres..
As you can see, I'm having horror thoughts about this one, but still feel pretty confident... at least I did a full simulation so as not to have the problems I had in Brands Hatch :-(

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
So the quick dry setup is deadly in the rain... what about to do with the wings ;-)
The radiator setting is also deadly if don't calculate it for the later stage of the race (not even speaking about forgetting to change it from qually)
When it starts to rain staying out to long is deadly, but going in to early kills your tyres..
As you can see, I'm having horror thoughts about this one, but still feel pretty confident... at least I did a full simulation so as not to have the problems I had in Brands Hatch :-(

It'll be a bit of a challenge having two different pit-strategies for this race. Especially for rift users like me. I usually need way too much time to select another pit strategy in the race.

Thomas Sikora

Community Member
Reaction score
Im sorry but i have problem with my knuckle, im not able to drive today.
Have fun!

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Unfortunately I'm unable to race tonight due to unexpected circumstances.

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Guys, sadly I'm not gonna make it this evening. Just returned from a week at Goodwood FOS and I'm gonna spend some time with the wife and children. Drive safely all!

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
My race was over before it started. I was really struggling with the car in qualifying, with the car handling beyond weirdly. It would turn in REALLY sharply on fast corners but, on slow corners, I had almost no steering at all. I alt-tabbed out and in again but it made no difference. Then, on the parade lap, my shifters decided to shift down 2 gears instead of 1 and, combined with the same weird car handling, I knew there was no point in continuing - I would have been fighting a car I didn't have any ability to drive and a wheel that was likely to drop me into 1st instead of 2nd at a moment's notice. I retired into the pits before I'd even passed sector 2 on the first lap proper. Which was really annoying given that I'd moved up to 8th place.

Not really the way I wanted to end the season but it is what it is.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Second disconnect for the season. Zolder it would have been 1st, here it would have been 4th.

Safe P3 in the overall standings but hey, whatever... -.-'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread