Split 2 - General Chat (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

This is the main thread for the Revolution Cup - Season 4. Here you can chat about anything with your fellow league drivers!

General Information
Race Day:
Mondays
Event start: 18:30 UTC

Useful Links

Drivers

@2scoops @Alex du Plessis @Ashnoom @Dama_The_Crow @Darksi @drukqs @FuBii @Invincible @Loxias @Mark @mikeysalmon27 @Pete Morrish @Shepard @SlowBloke @Stokemon @xImJakeyy

@atmosfearic34 @benimi @Damian Hall @dominiczeth @Freak Superman @Henri @Jaco P. @Mearcat @Morne Eloff
@Peter Bennett @Ranjanado @Reapper[ZA] @The Breeze @UnstopaPaul @Yammie916 @zevme

Damian Hall

Community Member
Reaction score
General question, are both splits broadcasted?

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
General question, are both splits broadcasted?

Unfortunately only split 1 will be live broadcasted. For split 2 we are relying on onboard live streams :)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Little something to get you in the mood for season 4....

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Can't wait for the GREEN! GREEN! GREEN! :D:D:D
It's gonna be a tough one for me... no experience on the first 3 tracks... a little bit of experience on the last 3... if I only had more time....

W.I.P. attacking Monza in a Ferrari on an IKEA chair... currently a bit too slow with a 1:48.746... but a 1:46 ish should be possible.

The fur and the pink are the misses of course :rolleyes:

20180226_140607.jpg

Last edited:

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
The fur and the pink are the misses of course :rolleyes:

Of course... ;) They're yours, admit it. Nothing better than a fuzzy warm fur and a pink... Whatever that is while practicing :p

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Of course... ;) They're yours, admit it. Nothing better than a fuzzy warm fur and a pink... Whatever that is while practicing :p

LOLZ... thats a pink cushion to avoid backaches.. and to give some resistance to the virtual G-forces

Last edited:

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Little something to get you in the mood for season 4....

how did you get my Pinn Electron Ford spin in before I've even done the race??

Seriously that trailer is hype hype hype. I'm pretty stoked for this.

If I was casting I'd run this at the intro. You should probably use a modified version for this at the beginning of the official Split 1 stream, assuming it's royalty free (or at least unlikely to trigger an automated take down).

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
When we go to pitbox, I always wonder when we add fuel, what to set in pit-strategy - amount of fuel we want to add OR amount of fuel we have to have in reservoir after ???

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Im pcars2 it's only the fuel you want to add. Let's say you have 30 Liters left but you need 45 to finish the race, then you have to set your strategy to at least 15 liter.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
When will the details about Round 2 be posted?

I've done some setup work, no tyre heat at all, it's a challenge to stay on the track in a straight line, can't get any power down and when the puddles start forming you are aqua planning all over the place. It's going to be really challenging.

A request for some thought. Motor racing in some countries doesn't start until April at least, for a good reason, the track temp is too cold and you won't get any tyre temp. Could we not have main event races with dates outside April-October?

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
As a result of a high volume of steward's enquiries, most notably from Split 2's opening round at Monza, the Admin team have had to take the highly unusual action of reviewing the replay footage for the first few minutes of that race.

The admin team are saddened by the extremely poor driving on display, from experienced and new members alike, in recent races and the events of the Monza race have brought things to a head. We have to step in and take immediate action and, to that end, we are handing out multiple punishments for violations of our driving standards.

This has taken considerable time, time we would all prefer to spend preparing the events for you to race in. Instead, this one race has resulted in hours of discussions and hours of analysis. We do not want to hand these punishments out, it gives us not a single ounce of pleasure to do so but we cannot and will not allow driving to continue in this manner.

To that end, the following punishments are to be served:

Drive through penalty at next attended league race
@The Breeze - Making contact in the formation lap
@dominiczeth - Making contact in the formation lap
@Yammie916 - Making contact in the formation lap
@Dama_The_Crow - Weaving while in 2x2 formation and making contact
@Mearcat - Causing an avoidable collision
@zevme - Failing to avoid a stationary car
@Pete Morrish - Causing an avoidable collision
@FuBii - Causing an avoidable collision
@Invincible - Causing an avoidable collision

NB: The penalty MUST be served within 3 laps following the first full race lap. Any missed, or late drive-through will result in disqualification from the partaken race and you must serve the drive-through penalty at the next league race.

Final warnings
@mikeysalmon27 - Weaving while in 2x2 formation
@Shepard - Unsafe rejoin
@UnstopaPaul - Causing an incident
@Freak Superman - Causing an incident

The admin team also insist that the following members attend the next induction session for a refresher on formation lap etiquette:
@The Breeze @dominiczeth @Yammie916 @Dama_The_Crow @mikeysalmon27

Any repeats of the events of Monday night will result in drivers being demoted to Red 'Applicant' Status.

Again, it gives us no joy to hand out these punishments but we must act now to uphold the high standards we have set. Ask yourself this simple question:

"If I was watching this race, is this a league I would want to join?"

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I am going to make this quite clear. We are not going to openly discuss individual aspects of this in this thread. If you really wish to discuss it in more detail, by all means start a conversation with myself but please understand that, along with the other staff here, I have spent many hours on this (and events in Split 1) already, so I may not respond immediately (or at all). At least 5 RSR staff members have sat through the replays of the opening laps, from every driver's viewpoint and come to the conclusions laid out in post #15. We derive no pleasure from handing out these penalties but the driving standards on display were far below acceptable.

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Guilty as pleaded :( Luckily I didn't cause any damage (I think). I will keep more distance next time during the formation lap (2-3 car lenghts) so I have more time to respond if the cars in front of me slow down unexpectedly without braking. I think we all learned our lessons from this race (I do hope so).

Thumbs up for Silverstone! I definitely need a 'RSR Cup 4 round 2: Silverstone' header to cheer up my office workspace....

Good luck next race everyone!

20180308_151543.jpg

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
I don't know about anyone else, but i'm getting knowhere with a race setup :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread