Split 2 - R1: Catalunya - 16th Jan 2017 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
1 - Catalunya National.png

Car: BAC Mono
Track: Catalunya National
League Agreement: Mandatory Pitstop

Date: Monday, 16th January 2017
18:30 UTC - Optional Practice - 60 minutes
19:30 UTC - Driver Briefing - 15 minutes
19:45 UTC - Qualifying - 15 minutes
20:00 UTC - Race - 1+35 Laps

Ingame Date: 16th July 2017
Ingame Time: 14:00
Time Progression: 1x
Weather Conditions: Clear
Weather Progression: Sync to Race

Driving Aids: Real
Tire Wear Multiplier: Real
Fuel Usage Multiplier: Real

Starting Procedure: Rolling Start, the lead car will lead the field through the formation lap. The speed limit for the lead car will be 50mph / 80kph. We are going to form up in a 2×2 formation at the red marker maintaining our 50mph / 80kph speed. Odd numbers will be on the right side and even numbers on the left side.

Please Notice
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the Driving Standards of RevolutionSimRacing. As a driver in our league, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the admins and leave a post in this thread before the race takes place in order to give reserve driver a chance to drive.

Confirmed No-Shows
@Corbs

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Results

Corbs

Community Member
Reaction score
My replacement wheel is not due to arrive untill tuesday, so unless it arrives early i wont be able to make this race

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
My replacement wheel is not due to arrive untill tuesday, so unless it arrives early i wont be able to make this race

Unlucky :( I hope it will be fine for the 24 hours! :)

Berserker

Community Member
Reaction score
@t0daY i was wondering how to join the lobby of split 2. Who will be the host?

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Berserker

Community Member
Reaction score

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I wanted to join the optional practice which is before driver briefing.

There will be someone who hosted a p2p session. The official start is with the driver briefing which is bold marked :)

Thomas Sikora

Community Member
Reaction score
lost ****** controlls in the ******* installation lap
has to retire in the ****** box.
looks good...had 5th in the Q :banghead:

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
F... yeah! What an awesome race. :D
Gone into it with nearly 0 practice as I couldn't keep the car on track in the practice and managed to grap pole (my first ole ever @RSR!) in the last few seconds of qualifying. :greyalien:
Couldn't keep it for long after the race start unfortunately due to a few mistakes - so I was down to 5th after 5 or 6 laps and then had a good battle with @Mark Baggaley until I made it past him eventually. After the pit stop I was fighting with @TheDoctor46 for 4th(the Doctor said 3rd) and managed to pass him, only to spin out a few corners later :banghead:... back 5th and behind Mark again. Gained on him every lap, but it wasn't enough to pass him before the checkered flag.

Just checked my fitbit which I wore for the first time today... peak of 143 bpm o_O shortly after race start.

Last edited:

Pete Morrish

Community Member
Reaction score
Really enjoyed that, thanks all. I think my TeamSpeak blues were down to the fact I was trying to drag myself into the channel participant list, whereas I think I needed to drag myself into the name of the channel (I guess dragging into the participant list made TS think I was trying to chat direct to whatever person I released on?). Means I wouldn't have missed the majority of the briefing had I worked that out quicker! I just kinda sat in the guest channel waiting to be added somewhere, after dragging myself into the channel didn't do anything.

Lesson learned for next time.

Anyway, race finished, and I don't think I took anyone out. Started in last, but didn't finish there. Job done.

Zincau

Community Member
Reaction score
until pitting my average laps was around 1.16. I don't know what did i wrong at pit, but after pit stop i drove totally different car (average 1.27 lap times which is not acceptable for me). For that reason i lost my control a lot and hit @TheDoctor46 once. sorry about that. Great racers were here tonight. Thank you everyone.

is that possible to view lap times separately?

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I messed up my fuel calculations otherwise p7 was on the table, would've been a great start for my first league entry =D

TheDoctor46

Community Member
Reaction score
Wow. What an intense race. Thanks to the guys infront who made this so enjoyable :) I had a minor hiccup w/ Zincau when lapping, but I should have canceled the overtake and prepare for the next corner. No harm taken, my steering was broken anyway, so no chance to catch up w/ steve. Thanks again and Im gutted to miss the next race :wacky: Looking forward to Sakitto than.

Martin G Webb

Community Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to thank everyone in split two tonight, close, fair and clean racing through the entire field. Really enjoyed my return race. Special thanks to Battenberg for hosting.

Thanks all.

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Absolutely great racing with you all, intense battles with bassetts, Stormin & SirHunterOne. Seriously looking forward to the next round. Huge thanks to all the guys at RSR for creating this & everyone else for what has to be the cleanest race I've ever had in pCars.

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Cheers for that everyone, it sounded like everyone had a good time. The race more than made up for my rift gaze skip session snafu, but still, thanks for your patience.

A last minute setup tweak in qualifying helped a lot to keep the car pointing in the right direction. Tonnes of diff pre-load and the softest rear anti-roll bar possible made a big difference. I actually started to like the car after a while ;) Luckily, I had a clean break into the lead early on, and had the pace to hold a gap while those behind were scrapping. Lapped traffic was on the ball too, absolutely no issues with lapping from my end. I made some mistakes and went to the grass here and there, but nothing major. Quite a nice drive to the end, for queen & country!

Pete Morrish

Community Member
Reaction score
You know the benefit of starting in last place on the grid?

No-one sees you spin off during the formation lap...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread