Split 2 - R1: Monza - 5th March 2018 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
First corner is "early brake - down to 1st gear - go easy - there is no overtaking" and race will be fine.

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
First corner is "early brake - down to 1st gear - go easy - there is no overtaking" and race will be fine.
Not gonna happen. Too many "let me pass, I am faster anyways"-guys.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Imma just blow past everyone without braking, cut the chicane big deal and dash onto the track again without even lifting.
#raceWon1stCorner #ImTheBest #UCan'tDrive #Monza4Life #Yolo

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score

SteveO916

Community Member
Reaction score

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Lol... changed my qualifying strategy from 'last on the grid' to 'no strategy at all' :D .....
Have to hurry home now to get my race settings and pit strategy right... and assign the correct buttons on my G29.
Planned to do that last night...but had some friends over...drank some beers... the usual stuff :meh:

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I did the tt with setups from some of the aliens among us and made some adjustments to have it more suited to my driving style... still not the quickest... potential is 1.47 ish...

I know I need to change my settings for the race setup... so I won't overheat my engine...like I did in 2 races in season 3...

1. Radiator .... I want to put it on 65, but no clue whether or not this is on the safe side? Can I go lower, like 50-55?
2. Front brake duct... no clue but higher than the rear one... so I'll copy the default setting
3. Rear brake duct
4. Amount of fuel of course :banghead:
5. Pit strategy (I think I'll go for tyre change only if the fuel tank is big enough for the entire race.

Anything else you usually need to change compared to the tt/quali setup?

Dunno what car you're running but the ford sits happily with 30% radiator with the temps at 92deg (10% for qualy :eek:) may need to adjust this for running in someone's slipstream.
brake ducts are easy enough to set within 10 laps of practise, I find keeping them around 400deg is enough (600 for qualy)
rear brake duct see above, generally lower than the fronts.
Fuel I found to be hit & miss depending on how heavy your right foot is, burning from 2.5 to 3.4l each lap. planning on a 20l fuel stop.

dominiczeth

Community Member
Reaction score
I hope i will be there for the Race... I forgot that i'm on call for work this week Bad thing would be i'm at work when race starts, even worse would be a call during the race... Wish me luck!

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
I hope i will be there for the Race... I forgot that i'm on call for work this week Bad thing would be i'm at work when race starts, even worse would be a call during the race... Wish me luck!
I'm on call too...but will forward my phone to a colleague during the race :)... good luck!

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Driver briefing starts in less than 20 minutes! :)

@2scoops @Alex du Plessis @Ashnoom @Dama_The_Crow @Darksi @drukqs @FuBii @Invincible @Loxias @Mark @mikeysalmon27 @Pete Morrish @Shepard @SlowBloke @Stokemon @xImJakeyy

@atmosfearic34 @benimi @Damian Hall @dominiczeth @Freak Superman @Henri @Jaco P. @Mearcat @Morne Eloff
@Peter Bennett @Ranjanado @Reapper[ZA] @The Breeze @UnstopaPaul @Yammie916 @zevme

dominiczeth

Community Member
Reaction score
Wow what a bad first Lap! It already startet in the warm up Lap where someone destroyed my back from behind. It was a hard stop before the first corner, i expected this and just stopped with a small bump to the one in front of me, was no damage at all for me there, but then someone drove into my back and i had 100 damage!

And when the Race startet someone came from the left and touched my car and oushed it to the wall. Not funny... And after this there was a first corner... I already saw that and was driving very slowly, but others just drove like crazy into the Mess...? WTF? I mean... Why?? That was very dissapointing... some people have to visit the racing driving school again...

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm sorry in my haste to get away so I didn't start shouting, I never said congratulations to @drukqs. Takes a lot to run in the lead for the whole race well done :)

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Wow what a bad first Lap! It already startet in the warm up Lap where someone destroyed my back from behind. It was a hard stop before the first corner, i expected this and just stopped with a small bump to the one in front of me, was no damage at all for me there, but then someone drove into my back and i had 100 damage!

And when the Race startet someone came from the left and touched my car and oushed it to the wall. Not funny... And after this there was a first corner... I already saw that and was driving very slowly, but others just drove like crazy into the Mess...? WTF? I mean... Why?? That was very dissapointing... some people have to visit the racing driving school again...
sorry to hear your race didn't start well, This is not the place to argue. Can i suggest you speak to the person who had contact with you privately, if the issue cant be resolved remember we have stewards. :)

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
My apologies to @UnstopaPaul for the contact before the chicane in lap1. I locked up there and couldn't avoid you. Sorry mate!

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Apologies for the first corner balls up. I started that whole mess by locking up, I did eventually stop, completely, on the inside curb but still wasn't enough room unfortunately. I did give the place back to @Stokemon but we were both well down the field.
I had to leave early as my girlfriend had received bad news earlier & decided to get black out drunk...
She's currently sleeping it off on my lap now.
This race had so much potential for me qualifying as high as I had ever done in any RSR ranked race.

I will say that the language in TS tonight wasn't of a suitable standard given people record /stream their races. Any issues during the race guys, let it go, bring it up afterward it's finished.
Finally, great result for @atmosfearic34 in qualifying.
Looking forward to the end results

dominiczeth

Community Member
Reaction score
sorry to hear your race didn't start well, This is not the place to argue. Can i suggest you speak to the person who had contact with you privately, if the issue cant be resolved remember we have stewards. :)

No worrys. I don't know who it was, I have to watch the recording. After this I will decide. I just hope the next race will be better.
Don't understand me wrong, I had fun anyway It just wasn't optimal and no standard for RSR.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Cost me the race...
nope - not that one Stokemon, Shepard is referring to the 2nd corner of the race when I'm hit. You're thinking of the first corner where I'm hit.

No problem Shepard - I don't think there are many people who are entirely blameless this race. Just remember your tyres are cool on the second corner as well as the first :)

Pete Morrish

Community Member
Reaction score
Not the unmitigated disaster I thought that was going to be going in. The Corvfefette really does take a while to warm up. Somehow avoided a series of pile ups (I think I went under at least one car, and threaded the needle between two others mid-crash). Clipped Darksi on the opener (not sure I had anywhere to go; I’ll check replay). Forgot the ‘slow down’ rule, so my apologies for that.

Good fun, and looking forward to the next one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread