Split 2 - R1: Monza - 5th March 2018 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
Well Ive not raced much RSR mainly because of dry eye problems preventing me racing long but its been good for a while now so this was a good one to get stuck into again :)

Qualified badly although on pace to what I was able to do.

Miraculously avoided the first lap prangs that got me around 12 from mid 20s. Then worked up to 5th at one place mainly with people spinning - seemed to be the Fords mostly.

@Dama_The_Crow caught up with me quickly and he managed an audacious overtake in the lesmos outside as we were cornering like I was standing still - very nice Dama !

Pit stop went well and ended up in 9th - then about 3/4 of the way through I realised from the brake graphic I was braking throughout the race a little.

The next 20 minutes were painful as I needed to life the brake pedal with my toe... all of a sudden I was lapping from late 48s into very early 47s ! Thankfully that allowed me to keep the pack gaining on me at bay and catch up to 6th. Alas we had a little coming together purely racing incident imo from the replay which we both survived but then approaching the lesmos I lost it which took me from 7th to 10th... my own fault - lost my rhythm completely...

All in all not a bad result but would have loved to have not had the brake problem as this would have been a perfect race to gain whilst others had their misfortune heheh :)

Thanks for the race all !

SteveO916

Community Member
Reaction score
No worrys. I don't know who it was, I have to watch the recording. After this I will decide. I just hope the next race will be better.
Don't understand me wrong, I had fun anyway It just wasn't optimal and no standard for RSR.

Sorry, it was me that hit you on the warm up lap..I didn't expect a car to be stationary. It was a chain reaction started a couple of cars in front of you. I did swerve to try and avoid contact but not early enough obviously.....:sorry:

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Not the unmitigated disaster I thought that was going to be going in. The Corvfefette really does take a while to warm up. Somehow avoided a series of pile ups (I think I went under at least one car, and threaded the needle between two others mid-crash). Clipped Darksi on the opener (not sure I had anywhere to go; I’ll check replay). Forgot the ‘slow down’ rule, so my apologies for that.

Good fun, and looking forward to the next one.

Double checked the replay Pete, and your all good you went under my car after it was hit and put onto my side.

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I've removed post. Apologies.

nope - not that one Stokemon, Shepard is referring to the 2nd corner of the race when I'm hit. You're thinking of the first corner where I'm hit.

No problem Shepard - I don't think there are many people who are entirely blameless this race. Just remember your tyres are cool on the second corner as well as the first :)

Damian Hall

Community Member
Reaction score
Wow what a bad first Lap! It already startet in the warm up Lap where someone destroyed my back from behind. It was a hard stop before the first corner, i expected this and just stopped with a small bump to the one in front of me, was no damage at all for me there, but then someone drove into my back and i had 100 damage!

And when the Race startet someone came from the left and touched my car and oushed it to the wall. Not funny... And after this there was a first corner... I already saw that and was driving very slowly, but others just drove like crazy into the Mess...? WTF? I mean... Why?? That was very dissapointing... some people have to visit the racing driving school again...
I had it rough as well but the last few minutes battling you made it well worth it lol that finish was amazing ahahaha..I could not help myself but to shout out..It was so exciting ahahah..respect for not blocking ....lol

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
On a lighter note my first pole position in rsr and then drove a mighty race from lap 2 onwards to somehow finish 2nd :).

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So, my first win in RSR and what a start to the championship for me!

First of all, i want to apologise for my bad mood pre-race: those in the UK might be aware that some areas in South London, do not have running water since Saturday evening: i am affected by that, and it just gets in your nervs!

I have trained extensively for this race and i was pretty confident with my consistency. I knew i would be outpaced by Fords, and its no coincidence that on the top 10 quali, i was the only ferrari. However, my car was very stable and my goal was trying to achieve a incidentless race and go for a podium finish, behind 1 or 2 Fords.

Qualification was where i expected low 1.45 that got me a P3.

As for the race, i guess I could just resume with this screenshot:

I was not affected at all by the first corner pile-up and after a few laps and a clean track in front of me (and behind) for the first 10min, so i took the opportunity to take a good lead and after a few laps I was already 20sec ahead of P2.

The whole race was only management, i did not have to push, i could put my (well it's not mine i think its a quote from Prost) motto in place: "win races the slowest speed possible" i just needed to make sure i was not caught in any surprise with backmarkers, and i must say, shoutout to everyone as i did not have a single problem with backmarkers.

After pitting, i got some laps behind 2 or 3 pilots that did not pit, and once i regained P1 after they pitted, i realized @Stokemon (the pole-sitter) was already behind me by only 10sec: i knew he was faster, but i also knew unless i blundered on the last 15min the race win should be mine. I was always making sure the gap was managable and i guess it was.

And there you go P1, and a joyful driver waving is hand in the air on after the last parabolica :D.

Massive shoutout to @Stokemon : i've seen the replay and that was a mad drive after the unlucky turn 1 incident! In normal conditions my money would be on you to win the race, you were 35sec behind me once both of us pitted and you managed to go as down as 7sec behind before that incident you had on the last lap.

Shoutout to my teamate @Mearcat :next race you are driving your home race and my 'immigrant home race' :D. The tiffosi went wild with a Ferrari win in Monza, now let's give one for the lads back home!

Last edited:

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Note to self, map a button for the lights

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well I have to say, the 2 incidents on the first lap put me in pits after 1st lap, came out after repairs and already a lap down to most drivers. Thought to myself right an hour long race, head down and get going, so came out of pit and managed a whole lap when I got hit going into turn one. This time put onto my side, luckily the car rolled back onto the wheels, limped back round to the pits and repaired again. Now back of pack, and lap down. Race on....... Push the car for the next 53 minutes and managed to unlap myself and even make a few places back up the field by the end.

Reactions: Tom

dominiczeth

Community Member
Reaction score
Sorry, it was me that hit you on the warm up lap..I didn't expect a car to be stationary. It was a chain reaction started a couple of cars in front of you. I did swerve to try and avoid contact but not early enough obviously.....:sorry:

No worrys mate, I cooled down a bit. Next time we should left a bit more space on the warm up lap. I won't do any further steps against you or any other driver. I was a bit disappointed after the race but it's for fun and not for money. I know that now after sleeping :)

@Damian Hall I blocked you one time. More isn't allowed and I didn't want to provoke a crash at the s/f line. You where faster then me and I had to accept this. But Man... What a close finish! It was only 0,050 seconds!

Last edited:

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
This was my first race in this year and I was very excited about it. I just had to drive Ferrari and to go in Season 4 League no matter what.
I didn't practiced that much, but I felt the car from the beginning.
Qually was not that good, I could do better just to left space between me and the car in front...

I just wanted to go undamaged in 1st lap through chicane, so I slowed down and somehow "squeezed" into 5th place.

After that, closing in 4th place, and in straight, half way to Ascari, I overtook guy in front of me, entered into Ascari just to be pushed in the back and spinned ......... last place.

I know that everything can happen, but I think that rules are there for reason, and if someone is in front of you by a length of a car, you need to slow down and let him enter corner first!
Just a miracle that I didn't get any damage.

I had nothing to loose so I tried to go a little bit on the edge. Very quickly I catch up "train" and bit by bit I got to 3rd place in the end.

@Dama_The_Crow caught up with me quickly and he managed an audacious overtake in the lesmos outside as we were cornering like I was standing still - very nice Dama !
Thank you @SlowBloke . Every time we have a battle it was interesting and fun. You are very good and respectful driver.

Pete Morrish

Community Member
Reaction score
Double checked the replay Pete, and your all good you went under my car after it was hit and put onto my side.

Yeah, I've just checked the replay for the incident I was thinking about (Lap 1, between Ascari and Parabolica), and the person I clipped was Cartman, and he suffered no ill effects whatsoever.

My conscience is clear.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
I have one question. I tried to record saved replay but view was -90° off centre (left) all the time. Does anyone know why? I drive in Oculus Rift.

Ashnoom

Community Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've just checked the replay for the incident I was thinking about (Lap 1, between Ascari and Parabolica), and the person I clipped was Cartman, and he suffered no ill effects whatsoever.

My conscience is clear.
You clipped me as well when you spearheaded between me and cartman. Which pushed me off track in to the walls. I don't recall you waiting for me so I fought back the position.

Pete Morrish

Community Member
Reaction score
You clipped me as well when you spearheaded between me and cartman. Which pushed me off track in to the walls. I don't recall you waiting for me so I fought back the position.

Yikes, so I did. I had no idea, sorry (which is why I didn't wait). Conscience no longer clear. Hmmph.

At the time, from my point of view, I had such a speed differential coming out of Ascari, and looked like a suspected crash ahead of me, and I was set to take Cartman on the left hand side but he didn't know I was there and moved across, and an evasive lockup could well have caused more chaos than any other option. Apologies if I made the wrong call.

I try to be pretty much the politest racer out there (I'll often yield for people on the same damn lap as me if I think they're legit faster than I am), so any time this happens, it sure as hell ain't on purpose. In future, if I've done something wrong and don't act appropriately - just say. I'll slam on the anchors. No problem there whatsoever.

Last edited:

Ashnoom

Community Member
Reaction score
Not a too big issue @Pete Morrish. I slowed down leaving Ascari as I saw one car swerving from left to right behind another car that slowed down so I expected another pile up infront of me. So I took it slowly through the exit of Ascari which is why I was slow down the straight.

I managed the position back in Parabolica so I didn't follow up on it. But I just wanted to correct your assumption that nothing happened from your side ;-)

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
I have one question. I tried to record saved replay but view was -90° off centre (left) all the time. Does anyone know why? I drive in Oculus Rift.
Launch the game in normal (non vr) mode and record your saved replay again.

Maybe you tried to do it with your headset laying on your table while in VR mode? If so head position is still tracked even in replay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread