Split 2 - R1: Red Bull Ring - 16th October 2017 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
League Round Banner - RND1.png

Car: Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport MR
Track: Red Bull Ring GP
League Agreement: Mandatory Pitstop

Date: Monday, 16th October 2017
17:30 UTC - Optional Practice
18:30 UTC - Driver Briefing
18:40 UTC - Qualifying
19:00 UTC - Race

Race
Date: 16th October 2017
Time Progression: Real Time
Weather Progression: Real Time

Qualifying Duration: 20 minutes
Qualifying Start Time: 13:00

Qualifying Weather Forecast: Light Cloud

Race Time: 45 minutes
Race Start Time: 14:00
Race Weather Forecast: Light Cloud

Realism Settings
Force Realistic Driving Aids:
Yes
Force Manual Pitstops: Yes
Tire Wear: Authentic
Fuel Depletion: Yes

Track Limit Penalties: Off
Allowable Time Penalty: Off
Drive-Through Penalties: Off
Pit Exit Penalty: Off

Starting Procedure: Rolling Start, the pole driver will lead the field through the formation lap. The speed limit for the lead car will be 50mph / 80kph. We are going to form up in a 2×2 formation at the beginning of sector 3, maintaining our speed. Odd numbers on the left side and even numbers on the right side.

Please Notice
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the Driving Standards of RevolutionSimRacing. As a driver in our league, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the admins and leave a post in this thread before the race takes place in order to give reserve driver a chance to drive.

Confirmed No-Shows
@Jesper Ramsberg
@Pete Morrish
@Dazzaboy
@Dama_The_Crow

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Results

Jesper Ramsberg

Community Member
Reaction score
I will not be able to join as I am traveling to the Ginetta factory on monday.

I hope of course to join next time.

Pete Morrish

Community Member
Reaction score
With apologies, I can’t make the opener. Work meeting Monday night.

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
If anyone has any idea or setup tip to reduce the intolerable, insufferable & annoyingly inherent understeer in this car, please please help. Actually at a loss as to what to do now.
I would gladly beat the engineer who designed this car if I ever meet them.
Car rev's to 7800rpm... gearbox protection wont let you downshift till it's around 6600rpm... let me brake using the damn engine :mad:
On another note, how are people getting on for the opening round? =D I reckon my qualy pace is around the 1.38 mark, race pace is likely 1.39.4

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
The downshift protection is driving me up the wall, let me blow the engine up :)

My pace from my few laps yesterday is all over the place, started off at 1:44 but near the end was 1:38/1:39 race pace, but for the actual race my lines will need to be a bit more conservative ;), so times could creep up from that.

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
The downshift protection is driving me up the wall, let me blow the engine up :)

My pace from my few laps yesterday is all over the place, started off at 1:44 but near the end was 1:38/1:39 race pace, but for the actual race my lines will need to be a bit more conservative ;), so times could creep up from that.
Am I the only one who doesn’t have a problem with shift protection?

And @FuBii there’s breaking using the engine and then there’s bending every single rod in the engine because you’ve over revved it where you’ve changed down a gear at to high RPM. If this was your race car that you had to pay for in person I bet you wouldn’t complain about the technology saving your engine then :p

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score

I'm just out of sync with the engine, I'm not talking about a crazy down shift here. Just the normal cycling down the gears, it's like i'm trying to downshift about 0.1 seconds before the ECU will allow, there is then that fumbling moment when your trying to figure out what gear your in and getting into the gear your expecting ;)

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm just out of sync with the engine, I'm not talking about a crazy down shift here. Just the normal cycling down the gears, it's like i'm trying to downshift about 0.1 seconds before the ECU will allow, there is then that fumbling moment when your trying to figure out what gear your in and getting into the gear your expecting ;)
I have to say, I’ve not experienced this

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
If anyone has any idea or setup tip to reduce the intolerable, insufferable & annoyingly inherent understeer in this car, please please help. Actually at a loss as to what to do now.
I would gladly beat the engineer who designed this car if I ever meet them.
Car rev's to 7800rpm... gearbox protection wont let you downshift till it's around 6600rpm... let me brake using the damn engine :mad:
On another note, how are people getting on for the opening round? =D I reckon my qualy pace is around the 1.38 mark, race pace is likely 1.39.4
Hi teammate. Tried your setup yesterday after you left. It was a second slower for me than my own, so I will stick with what I put together. Turn ABS on, if you haven't, as it will help excessively with the steer-in. We (7-8 poeple) did two 20 minute races last night and we all agreed that ABS on is the best way with this track/car. T3 is a total bitch there. You either brake too early because it's going downhill which costs a lot of time, or you brake too late and you go straight into the gravel. I will try to join the pre-race training session, perhaps you want to give a go with my setup then.

btw, i had some lazy time at work, put this together in Photoshop:
fstr2.jpg

Last edited:

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
Turn ABS on, if you haven't, as it will help excessively with the steer-in. We (7-8 poeple) did two 20 minute races last night and we all agreed that ABS on is the best way with this track/car.

Sorry for the silly question, but if I've got driving aids set to authentic/realistic(can't remember the exact pCars2 terminology), wouldn't ABS be enabled by default if it's a feature on the car ?

Thomas Sikora

Community Member
Reaction score

And @FuBii there’s breaking using the engine and then there’s bending every single rod in the engine because you’ve over revved it where you’ve changed down a gear at to high RPM. If this was your race car that you had to pay for in person I bet you wouldn’t complain about the technology saving your engine then :p

No...i have also no Problem with it :).
It is a real car behavior and i hope it stay like this.
I have ever shift very late down,i use only high engine brake in the ECU Settings. In the Corner im also using high gears in most cars. If you look the torque in the telemetry hud then you know why ;)

For the race the car feels good, i running about 1:38 with half fuel and race Settings. What helps in this track is a high acc Lock in the differential.

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the silly question, but if I've got driving aids set to authentic/realistic(can't remember the exact pCars2 terminology), wouldn't ABS be enabled by default if it's a feature on the car ?
It should, but it is bugged sometimes. So you need to assign buttons for the assists and switch them through in P or Q to make sure they are set to your liking. I was fiddeling around with that a lot for todays race and I will go with ABS high, TC Off, SC Off.

Ranjanado

Community Member
Reaction score
I think I'll fine tune the Porsche car setup in the practice today. No problems with the gear shift protection. Car feels great on the first part of the track and responds well. But I think I loose some time on the last part of the track. The car seems to grip slightly better with cooler tyre temps. Was great fun yesterday with Darksi

Dazzaboy

Community Member
Reaction score
Cant make opener but will make next week . Other commitment cant get out of .

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
there’s breaking using the engine and then there’s bending every single rod in the engine because you’ve over revved it where you’ve changed down a gear at to high RPM. If this was your race car that you had to pay for in person I bet you wouldn’t complain about the technology saving your engine then :p

Yeah but downshifting & missing out on the top 1000 rpm of the engine when you're trying to do that qualy lap is rather annoying, especially when I'd rather use engine braking for turn 3, the cooling system on the car can happily take it, running around with 87 degrees water temp on 60% radiator

Hmm not sure about the stability control, I tuned the abs & tc in the ecu settings. The only time the TC cut in is for T2 & the abs I found extremely interefering so set it to only really activate when braking hard downhill, T2 & final corner

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
especially when I'd rather use engine braking for turn 3, the cooling system on the car can happily take it, running around with 87 degrees water temp on 60% radiator
There is a lot more to it than keep engine temps happy, when you over rev an engine, things extend and then pistons hit valves and then engine dies irl

Thomas Sikora

Community Member
Reaction score
the cooling system on the car can happily take it, running around with 87 degrees water temp on 60% radiator
take care... 9% areo damage and it grow up to 130°C after 2 laps

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys but I can't drive tonight. My wife is in 7th month pragnancy and I can't find anyone to keep my son when I am driving. Next race I will be in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread