Split 2 - R1: Red Bull Ring - 16th October 2017 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Jonno I somehow really liked your scare reaction around @grobi0815 's 1:38 mark.
I am sorry if I caught you off-guard there, saw a gap and went for it, I hope I kept it clean, perhaps should have announced it.

But it still, somehow, sounded funny.
Lol the gap was only there due to the car slipping.. But it was a clean overtake mate i knew the car was being a *&*;×;×\!;! So i backed out.. A perfect example of pick your fights lol..

dominiczeth

Community Member
Reaction score
Could be the livetrack Jonno.

Not only this. There are so much values which influence the Performance, no other game has this. There are also factors like Wind Speed, Temperature, Air Pressure... And this can change from session to session.

I had a quiet enjoyable Race. Was on position 5 on the second lap and then spun out in this stupid right hander in sector 2. And on lap 18 i had another Crash into the wall which forced me to pit a second time for Repairs. Rediator Damage is a big problem for these cars :banghead:

You should have an eye on Front Damage. More then 15% can lead to Radiator Damage and then to fast overheating.

And i still wasn't able to mute my mic in Teamspeak when ingame. It just happens when i'm in VR Mode (Oculus). I tried to be quiet all the time and set the Voice activation really high so that you can't hear my shifts, Wheel, and so on. What i don't liked was the guy (sorry don't know who it was) who shouted really loud to another guy. I don't care what happend but this is a nogo. it's hard to concentrate under this circumstances. Keep calm in this cases and contact the steward after the Race please.

Ashnoom

Community Member
Reaction score
I had a fun race,
Sadly had a bad start. Came in contact with @SlowBloke, but I am not sure whether it was his or my fault. I reviewed the replay footage and I just couldn't see him in my blind spot (due to the head protection thing from the car's seat). Either way, he spun me around and I could start from the back of the field.

I did all I could in my powers to safely work my ass back up on the grid. Had a few fights here and there, esp. with @dominiczeth and @The_Duke_ZA they gave me some resistance. Ran side-by-side through turn 3 up until 6 or so, which was exciting but really clean. Thanks!

Saw a few crashes happening, but the most scary part for me was that at the long "straight" between T1 and T2 some car suddenly came to a quick stop in the middle of the track which scared the bejebus out of me. Slammed my brakes, took evasive action, but still "hit" him. Alas it was already a ghost car so, pfiew there.

Looking forward to next race

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Owww I totally forgot about that car, went onto the grass to avoid him, ended up doing a stupid half spin, taking out the 100m board

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
I had a fun race,
Sadly had a bad start. Came in contact with @SlowBloke, but I am not sure whether it was his or my fault. I reviewed the replay footage and I just couldn't see him in my blind spot (due to the head protection thing from the car's seat). Either way, he spun me around and I could start from the back of the field.

Aww crap - sorry that happened @Ashnoom as the game crashed soon after I am unable to review :/

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
First off, congratulations @SillySausage

I completely didn't realise the race was last night until Sunday night just before going out with my girlfriend. So I didn't even manage an hour of practise before the race. Some small changes allowed me to gain a lot of lap time in this short practise but not nearly enough to be where I wanted to be.

Got myself an okay time in qualifying just over a second behind pole. But then the race was filled with me not feeling confident with the rear of the car under braking. Caused me to spin out twice and have a couple of half spins.

I got lucky at the end when a couple of others ran out of fuel just before the line and finished 9th. But I generally feel like it was a missed opportunity for better. I will be practising this weekend, never make the same mistake twice :-D

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
sorry for quiting but this game is frustrating the crap out of me how on earth can a car act soo different in different lobby's with all the lobby's set the same. it makes no sense the car goes from practising with everyone fine doing low 38's with ease to not being able to drive the car and doing 1,45's this game is more broke than i am and that's ruddy broke. my slow mo has all but gone and i was happy that i could actually keep up with people but every time i get in a dedicated server it feels li ke im on ice...
i have no words to describe the sheer frustration i have with this game atm....

So it wasn't me... I had a decent setup for an amateur, doing 1:41ish during solo practice... in qualifying I did a lousy 1:47...very nervous car, massive oversteer, sliding all over the place.. so started at the end of the grid on 26th postion.
Had a good start and went up from 26 to 20 in a couple of laps. The back of the car went everywhere as if I was on ice, struggling all the time.
But I kept the car in one piece and didn't bump into anyone.... until the worst case scenario happened...
My teammate came behind me after his pit stop..I expected him to pass me on the main straight but Thomas was already next to me in the last corner... I had to correct the back slide of the car...which meant that my front turned to the inside of the corner... we touched and both spun... i had to wait for traffic to pass before rejoining safely.. but it seems that the game kicked me out because of lack of activity...so I watched the end of the race as a spectator.

Lessons learned... communicate better with your teammate... and sort out how to get rid of this ice skating issue (although Dutch are good at it, i don't like it at all).

Hope that the server is up sooner next time...had to do a toilet pit stop about 5 times...that urge stops when the race begins btw ;-)

Still wonder who that high pitched yelling voice on teamspeak was...very distracting.

Looking forward to the next race ...'You're going too fast to look back son'

Last edited:

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So it wasn't me... I had a decent setup for an amateur, doing 1:41ish during solo practice... in qualifying I did a lousy 1:47...very nervous car, massive oversteer, sliding all over the place.. so started at the end of the grid on 26th postion.
Had a good start and went up from 26 to 20 in a couple of laps. The back of the car went everywhere as if I was on ice, struggling all the time.
But I kept the car in one piece and didn't bump into anyone.... until the worst case scenario happened...
My teammate came behind me after his pit stop..I expected him to pass me on the main straight but Thomas was already next to me in the last corner... I had to correct the back slide of the car...which meant that my front turned to the inside of the corner... we touched and both spun... i had to wait for traffic to pass before rejoining safely.. but it seems that the game kicked me out because of lack of activity...so I watched the end of the race as a spectator.

Lessons learned... communicate better with your teammate... and sort out how to get rid of this ice skating issue (although Dutch are good at it, i don't like it at all).

Hope that the server is up sooner next time...had to do a toilet pit stop about 5 times...that urge stops when the race begins btw ;-)

Still wonder who that high pitched yelling voice on teamspeak was...very distracting.

Looking forward to the next race ...'You're going to fast to look back son'
all i can sugest mate is get over to projectcars2 forum and report the issue. the more people that let the devs know about it the more likely they are to look in to it...

Bluerat

Community Member
Reaction score
Well that was an absolutely epic race!

I wasn't expecting to qualify as high as I did so that was a shock for sure. On the opening lap I hit @Thomas Sikora on the straight after T2. I've watched the replay back and I think I thought you were a bit further over. Anyway watch the vid, it certainly wasn't intentional though. I actually thought you hit me at the time so my apologies. Not sure the big yell was needed though, that scared me more than the impending doom of the barrier lol.

After that I had great race pace and some amazing battles. @Eugene Flerko what an epic battle every time we met :D loved every second of it. That switcheroo was genius!

I was having so much fun towards the end that actually I forgot to check my fuel, and I ran out with two corners to go. The dumbest move in the history of racing. The Duke(sorry don't know your name on here) took one for the team and tried to push me over the line. I was that scared of crashing into someone I lost control and span like an idiot with yards to go. The Duke however, being the hero he is, reversed and pushed me backwards over the line. I'm fairly sure this broke many rules, but man alive is it an awesome story to tell. If there are any reprimands for this please give them all to me, as The Duke is legendary :D. I was laughing so hard I actually forgot to check where I finished.

As this was my first official race as a member here, I have to say a huge thank you to everyone as I had a blast. Big thanks to @t0daY for letting me join the league/community too.

On a side note, I've seen a few posts highlighting issues and on TS during the race. I just wanted you guys to know that we are actively working on fixing issues for future patches; obviously, we're taking notes of issues when and where they appear, and adding them all to our list. I would say though that we will be grateful if you could report issues in the official forums too. We do have people looking over those forums and it is far more likely to get looked at there. I also can't make any promises on which fixes/improvements come for which patch but we are always targeting the highest priority stuff.

Looking forward to the next race now though, got to step my game up :D

Video here:

Thomas Sikora

Community Member
Reaction score
Well that was an absolutely epic race!

I wasn't expecting to qualify as high as I did so that was a shock for sure. On the opening lap I hit Thomas Sikora on the straight after T2. I've watched the replay back and I think I thought you were a bit further over. Anyway watch the vid, it certainly wasn't intentional though. I actually thought you hit me at the time so my apologies. Not sure the big yell was needed though, that scared me more than the impending doom of the barrier lol.
Yes...sorry also... we drive straigts then came a magneteffect with a bad result for me.

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I heard & saw you getting pushed down the straight & slowed down to let you cross the line. Though when you span I wasn't gonna wait with bassests closing fast. Good effort though!!

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Last edited:

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
ahhhh it was @dominiczeth that span on Lap 2 corner 3... Great job by everyone to avoid both me & him. Hope I didn't give you too much damage. Shame too, pulled such a sweet move on @Bluerat on the outside with enough traction to even get @RPJ on the run into turn 3.. It was a recovery drive after that.

dominiczeth

Community Member
Reaction score
Yeah sorry, this car is very unpredictable from time to time... I wasn't able to catch it. And, not much damage, was able to drive my 16 laps until I was going to pit anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread