Split 2 - R1: Red Bull Ring - 16th October 2017 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrisBCros

Community Member
Reaction score
I also can‘t attend tonight due to a spontaneous business trip. My teammate Ashnoom is informed as well. Sorry again!

thewanted

Community Member
Reaction score
Totally gutted. My engine blew on lap 3 (I think) and I have no idea how or why. I was changing up just before the red line, and downshift protection prevents you from over-revving so it's not like I was slamming it down through the gears. Meh :(

EDIT: Turns out it may have been caused by some slight damage to the front of my car.

Last edited:

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
Im so sorry if I took anyone out guys completely out of my control - the screen just went black, PC2 crashed and then I had a bug report :(

At least it happened on lap 2 and not 40 mins in :)

PC2Crash.PNG

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
first of all @Freak Superman there is a speed limit on the formation lap please adhere to it.. you smashed the back of my car up ..please be more careful next time.

sorry for quiting but this game is frustrating the crap out of me how on earth can a car act soo different in different lobby's with all the lobby's set the same. it makes no sense the car goes from practising with everyone fine doing low 38's with ease to not being able to drive the car and doing 1,45's this game is more broke than i am and that's ruddy broke. my slow mo has all but gone and i was happy that i could actually keep up with people but every time i get in a dedicated server it feels like im on ice...
i have no words to describe the sheer frustration i have with this game atm....

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Could be the livetrack Jonno.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Could be the livetrack Jonno.
What evsr it is. Its broke surely theres an option to turn live track off or there should be..

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Yeah, its extremely inconsistent.

Thomas Sikora

Community Member
Reaction score
Has To retire this time.
1. contact with @sms_bramhall ... don' know what it was...i hold my line then we get stucked together like magnets...

2. contact with my teammember....claryfied on ts

3. contact with @SirHunterOne ... nothing to say...thx for direct TS clarifying hunter!

finaly i had to retire....4 pits are nonsense to drive anymore

Bad start for us in the session this time...but be sure...Green Green Green came back!

Last edited:

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
@Thomas Sikora, I was behind you watching this, from my perspective, brandhall drifted across the track, once the contact was made you were both just glued to each other.

Thomas Sikora

Community Member
Reaction score
Ty for information @FuBii, looks for me like an race incident for me..there for no matter.... but bad....

Freak Superman

Community Member
Reaction score
first of all @Freak Superman there is a speed limit on the formation lap please adhere to it.. you smashed the back of my car up ..please be more careful next time.

sorry for quiting but this game is frustrating the crap out of me how on earth can a car act soo different in different lobby's with all the lobby's set the same. it makes no sense the car goes from practising with everyone fine doing low 38's with ease to not being able to drive the car and doing 1,45's this game is more broke than i am and that's ruddy broke. my slow mo has all but gone and i was happy that i could actually keep up with people but every time i get in a dedicated server it feels like im on ice...
i have no words to describe the sheer frustration i have with this game atm....
Sorry about that @Jonno.

The_Duke_ZA

Community Member
Reaction score
I had an enjoyable 1st race, opting to play it safe this time around.

Found a massive difference between the track conditions between time trial and the race.
But then it should be with time trial track temps at 50c+ and the race at 16c or so.

So after adjusting the tyre pressures it was better again. I enjoy this dynamic, it keeps you on your toes.
So would def say it's worth to keep an eye on the round details, and practice based on that.

I unfortunately won't be able to make the next round (in South-Africa on holiday for a few weeks), but will be back in Round 3 for the remainder of the season.

Thanks for organizing!

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Freak Superman

Community Member
Reaction score
My recording of race all messed up. OBS didn't record the video. I will record the next race. But I will be using Nvidia Shadowplay to record it. So no video from me for this race then.

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
Woo! What a fun race! I really enjoyed this season opener, some close racing and I felt very comfortable with my setup. I was quietly confident in my abilities after practice but was unsure of how quick some of the guys I expected to be battling with would be.

The dark horse of this round was definately @Alex du Plessis, putting in a solid lap that put him on pole for the race. I was fairly certain I could find the two tenths he had on me but I ran into issues with too much traffic in qualifying, ultimately running out of time so I reluctantly settled for P2. :p

I got a clean race start, holding position and settling in to a rhythm as I tried to close the gap and take the lead while also trying to pull away from @steveg200 behind me in the battle pack for the lead. I followed @Alex du Plessis for about the first third of the race (remember to watch those track limits for next race @Alex du Plessis :)) and eventually managed to draw alongside into turn two and went side-by-side all the way to turn three where I completed the pass. I was then able to pull away as @Alex du Plessis fell into the clutches of @steveg200 in third and they began to battle.

From then on I had a fairly quiet race until the end, lapping the odd back marker (thanks for the clean overtaking teammate @Freak Superman! :)), closing in on @Bassetts who was the last to pit, then bringing it home for the win. Was great fun and a very enjoyable race, I couldn't be happier getting some crucial points in the championship (especially with the potential of missing some races) as well as a good haul for SuperSausage Racing (nice work on P18 @Freak Superman!).

Unfortunately my ShadowPlay decided to record my Oculus home page instead of my game window so I won't be able to put together a highlights video this time round (I could use the replay but that removes the VR perspective and I don't like to step back in quality with the content I upload :))

Bring on round two!!! :D

A snarling SuperSausage Racing cross the line together.

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
What a frustrating start for me... I put so much effort into practice, was able to do a consistent mid 1:39 in my testing sessions, found a setup I was very comfortable with, and then I must have run into some setup save bug, as I was running with closed radiator in my race setup and my engine was adding up damage lap by lap. The pitstop took over 1.5 minutes so no chance to climb up some places any longer :(
Congrats @my teammate @FuBii for P7 and also congrats to @SillySausage for the win.

On a general note: We seem to have some young gun in the grid, who is loosing temper under pressure (I don't know his name, only heard him twice): Mate, if something bad happens during race, just carry on. You can always discuss things AFTER the race, or file a report in the Steward room. Shouting around via TS and disturbing the others is not the appropriate way to handle this.

On to Imola now!

Last edited:

Ashnoom

Community Member
Reaction score
@Jonno I somehow really liked your scare reaction around @grobi0815 's 1:38 mark.
I am sorry if I caught you off-guard there, saw a gap and went for it, I hope I kept it clean, perhaps should have announced it.

But it still, somehow, sounded funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread