Split 2 - R1: Zhuhai - 15th May 2017 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Car: Caterham SP/300.R
Track: Zhuhai
League Agreement: Mandatory Pitstop

Date: Monday, 15th May 2017
17:30 UTC - Optional Practice
18:30 UTC - Driver Briefing
18:45 UTC - Qualifying
19:00 UTC - Race

Qualifying: 15 minutes
Laps: 1+30
Ingame Date: 15th May 2017
Ingame Time: 12:00
Time Progression: 1x
Weather Conditions: Heavy Cloud > Overcast
Weather Progression: Sync to Race

Driving Aids: Real
Tire Wear Multiplier: Real
Fuel Usage Multiplier: Real

Starting Procedure: Rolling Start, the lead car will lead the field through the formation lap. The speed limit for the lead car will be 50mph / 80kph. We are going to form up in a 2×2 formation at the red marker maintaining our 50mph / 80kph speed. Odd numbers will be on the right side and even numbers on the left side.

Please Notice
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the Driving Standards of RevolutionSimRacing. As a driver in our league, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the admins and leave a post in this thread before the race takes place in order to give reserve driver a chance to drive.

Confirmed No-Shows
@Freak Superman
@Ashnoom
@Nakor

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Results

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
i will be attending please...

Freak Superman

Community Member
Reaction score
I won't be able to attend tomorrow race because important business to tend too. Be racing in the next race.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Good morning race fans we are here live at
Zhuhai for race one of the 2nd season of the rsr cup. All the teams and drivers are here making final preparations to there cars. And for some reason i cant get this song and clip out of my head lol.. Enjoy all..

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm sorry I can't join this race most probably. Another club event, usually takes longer.

Pete Morrish

Community Member
Reaction score
I won't be able to attend tomorrow race because important business to tend too. Be racing in the next race.

Wha? WARBEARD! is only at, like, goatee-level on its first outing?

That's fine. WARBEARD! is unending. It's like gravity, but angrier.

Pete Morrish

Community Member
Reaction score
Well that was an unmitigated disaster.

Last.

I think I must have picked up damage early on. Just couldn't string together a decent lap at all, and a couple of seconds off the pace of what I was getting in practice yesterday. Spinning out all over the place, sweating buckets, and just not comfortable with the car.

Pitted really late - about lap 25. My first full lap after pitting, without really thinking about it, was a full second quicker than anything else I'd managed in the race. Was making up about five seconds a lap on the guy ahead of me.

Woe is me.

Last edited:

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
well that was a really good race. i felt really comfy in my rig..

@DiegoFuego really great battle loved every second of that.. youd make a mistake and id be on you then id make a mistake and you were passing me.. really gutted my replay was stuffed up.. great fighting with you....

btw does anyone else save the replay if so can you please send it me thanks...

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Wow, what a race! I never expected to be remotely close to the top 5 in this race since I've never driven this track before. Luckily there were a few practice sessions which helped me find a bit of pace. From these practice sessions I started looking through the competition and @steveg200 was flying around the track.

Qualifying started and as I expected @steveg200 and @The Wayfaerer were easily securing their spot on the front row. With a lucky lap I got myself into 3rd position behind Steve on the inside for T1 :woot:

My start was horrible and nearly lost positions going into T1. No troubles infront or behind, so that was a nice bonus which allowed me to keep the draft to @The Wayfaerer with a train lead by @Mark Baggaley behind me. Instantly slammed on some auick times spreading the field and creating some gaps, tried to keep up with the front 2 but quickly lost the draft and the spun around halfway the race didn't help. A new competitor arrived @Nevil started to breathe down my neck and I was feeling the pressure, inconsistant laptimes got the better of me and spun it again which put me back 5s. I went pedal to the metal, got myself fastest laptime of the race but @Nevil kept his cool and his podium position safe.

Congratulations to the podium @The Wayfaerer @steveg200 and @Nevil , great race everyone! Clean aswell :D Up to Monza

Freak Superman

Community Member
Reaction score
Wha? WARBEARD! is only at, like, goatee-level on its first outing?

That's fine. WARBEARD! is unending. It's like gravity, but angrier.
I be back next Monday race. We still can win races and the championship. Because we are WARBEARD!

Pete Morrish

Community Member
Reaction score
You're right.

My race tonight was just the first step in WARBEARD!'s secret plan for championship domination: lull the opposition into a false sense of security. They'll never see us coming!

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hail WARBEARD!

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
well that was a really good race. i felt really comfy in my rig..

@DiegoFuego really great battle loved every second of that.. youd make a mistake and id be on you then id make a mistake and you were passing me.. really gutted my replay was stuffed up.. great fighting with you....

btw does anyone else save the replay if so can you please send it me thanks...
Ohh also i forgot to mention the first 15 laps myself and oki were as one he defended really well didnt give me an inch well raced mate really enjoyed tonight..

DiegoFuego

Community Member
Reaction score
@Jonno that was a great fight my dude. You had me sweating all of the last half of the race. After you got taken out by the back marker and I got by, I don't think we were ever more than 2 seconds off each other. Good overtakes on track too, that was the most fun but yeah a lot of adrenaline and sweaty hands towards the end of the race!

Great race everyone I'm looking forward to the next one!

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
It is good to be back in racing. I haven't been practicing that much with this car (I have so many distractions: Battleground's, Rising storm 2 Vietnam, Escape From Tarkov, drinking with my friends over weekend.... :) )
First part of race was so good, especially from 18th minute and battle with SlowBloke. Second part was just me against the road utill the end.

One part was so interesting in 30:00 min, 4 cars was on the end of SF line where The Wayfearer overtook me :)

I will start practice from today for next race.

Here is my pov of last night's race.

Last edited:

Nevil

Community Member
Reaction score
What a race indeed! A good comeback and a great result for the team ;)

Qualy went well and I turned out to be 7th, not bad at all.

Racestart was not perfect and the first corner I was sandwiched between 2 cars, but I managed to stay ahead somehow.
Soon I found @Dama_The_Crow, @Mark Baggaley, @Baris and @Dutchtastic battling in front of me. During an intense race that followed, I could benefit from small mistakes and came behind @Dutchtastic who had a good pace. When he entered the pits, I turned out to be at P1 and that made me so nervous that I decided to pit as well. When I got out of the pit I was behind @Dutchtastic again, who spun a couple of laps later. The gap behind was not big and with some luck and staying cool while lapping I managed to secure P3.

Big thanks to all for this clean and energetic race!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread