Split 2 - R2: Brno - 30th July 2018 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Either way, fully prepared for a 2 stop sprint race & likely a 3 stop feature race, possibly more depending on the random weather selector o matic choice :D

What? I could live with a 1 stop sprint and a 2 Stop feature race, but this is ridiculous... You're scaring me. And I can't practice properly because heat and whatnot...

I need a gaming cellar, deep enough that it never gets hotter than 20°C :woot:.

Eugene Gajkin

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out why my throttle jumps from 10% input to full with not even .5mm extra input on the controller. Tried to put the controller throttle sensitivity as low as it goes & it remains the same with no change in response. Kinda annoying as I want to feather the throttle through some of these corners not constantly blip it.
As for the tyres I can manage 5laps & then they are gone. After the second lap I lose 1.2s each lap thereafter.
Currently able to set 1.55 minute laps with the full tank (110l)
I know I can hit 1.41.6in dry conditions for my race pace, 1.40.2 my best.

I wouldn't call driving this car in the wet an absolute pleasure it sure is more planted & smoother than I expected it to be..
You may need to clear the potentiometer

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
What? I could live with a 1 stop sprint and a 2 Stop feature race, but this is ridiculous... You're scaring me. And I can't practice properly because heat and whatnot...

I need a gaming cellar, deep enough that it never gets hotter than 20°C :woot:.
Sprint race you shouldn't need to stop at all. The main race, well, you have to stop anyway but given that the weather might be wet, it might be dry, there's every possibility of having to 2-stop if the random generator pulls up dry. On a very lightly wetted track, the dry tyres are faster than the wets but any more water than that and the wets are the only real option.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Please note that we will open the Feature Race qualifying immediately at the conclusion of the Sprint Race. Whilst everybody takes their 5-minute break, the track will soak-in to try and alleviate the "1st quali lap wins the round" effect of wet qualifying sessions.

As a reminder, the Sprint race qualifying session will open when the briefing starts, 15-minutes ahead of normal. Again, this is to let the track soak-in.

Anybody caught leaving the pit lane and entering the track before we give the go ahead, in either (or both) qualifying session(s), WILL be disqualified from the event. There will be no excuses.

@2scoops @AFR CHRISILLAS @benimi @CrisBCros @Dama_The_Crow @Darksi @FuBii @Invincible @Jamesl91 @Mearcat @Nada @Thomas Sikora @xImJakeyy

@David Fuller @eagle @Erik @Eugene Gajkin @Freak Superman @Henri @Ironman5970 @Rargon @Onufmi @Sonic @SP1KEGRW @The Breeze @Vince

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Spent over 10 hours to get to know the track and create a good (wet)setup... Tried all wet setup hints and tips but tyres keep overheating. So probably will have to change my driving style as the only option left.
- do all or most of the braking before the corner
- take corners slower to reduce sliding/friction
- determine which part(s) of the Brno track causes the overheating
- avoid kerbs ?

I don't know..I'm lost...

Fingers and toes crossed that the track will dry up quickly in the second half of the feature race.

Great fun btw... under a hot flat roof during a heatwave wearing VR glasses and a headset...no airco :D

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
Quick question, are the quest drivers allowed?

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Any race in the wet has always resulted in me having to pit like 3 times more than those around me, check out the past wet races we've had in the past seasons. disadvantage of my driving style on the controller.
Think the only wet race I was decent with was the Mono at Silverstone & that was a dry to light rain race where it was only wet for like 8 laps

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Spent over 10 hours to get to know the track and create a good (wet)setup... Tried all wet setup hints and tips but tyres keep overheating. So probably will have to change my driving style as the only option left.
- do all or most of the braking before the corner
- take corners slower to reduce sliding/friction
- determine which part(s) of the Brno track causes the overheating
- avoid kerbs ?

I don't know..I'm lost...

Fingers and toes crossed that the track will dry up quickly in the second half of the feature race.

Great fun btw... under a hot flat roof during a heatwave wearing VR glasses and a headset...no airco :D

Win some points for us :)

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Win some points for us :)

Lol... if i can keep the tyres in one piece I will. Seems it will be all about tyre management... go slow in the wet and keep on track :D

CrisBCros

Community Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I can't race tonight - sorry

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Hopefully the new T(eam)-Shirt will give me wings for tonight's race :D
TeamShirt.png

Onufmi

Community Member
Reaction score
I did a little tire test. In the light rain.
WET tires - I felt comfortable on the track. Only a bit of overheating when driving smoothly. first laps it was around 1:52.000 and after 7laps it started to get slower(1:54.000). I did only 9 laps so I assume lap 12 could be around 1:56.000.
SLICK tires - I slide a lot. First laps I dit was 2:02.00. I didn't felt overheating or degradation but after only 4 laps my time went to 2:12s and that was it for me.
All Terrain tires - This is definitely not a good choice. 1st lap and it was 2:11,000. I assume that this tire is in the game for rallycross.

From numbers, the choice is clearly WETs. But I performed this test in testing with no other cars. The track will be drier and tires will heat up when following other cars.

I am not as skilled as other members here. :) I would love to read more thoughts on that.

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
I did a little tire test. In the light rain.
WET tires - I felt comfortable on the track. Only a bit of overheating when driving smoothly. first laps it was around 1:52.000 and after 7laps it started to get slower(1:54.000). I did only 9 laps so I assume lap 12 could be around 1:56.000.
SLICK tires - I slide a lot. First laps I dit was 2:02.00. I didn't felt overheating or degradation but after only 4 laps my time went to 2:12s and that was it for me.
All Terrain tires - This is definitely not a good choice. 1st lap and it was 2:11,000. I assume that this tire is in the game for rallycross.

From numbers, the choice is clearly WETs. But I performed this test in testing with no other cars. The track will be drier and tires will heat up when following other cars.

I am not as skilled as other members here. :) I would love to read more thoughts on that.

Wish I had your smooth driving style... after 12 hours of learning the track and testing setups... I'm still burning up the front left tyre in about 4 laps :banghead:....doing a 1:53.
Maybe (hopefully :)) it's the other way around, dryer track = less sliding/friction = less heat?

Thomas Sikora

Community Member
Reaction score
Sorry, has to do something for the work. Can't drive today.

Erik

Community Member
Reaction score
Both the races were fun for me, had some nice scraps but I made too many mistakes. In the second race I got suspension damage and I tried to hang on to 10th place but had a close shave with @Nada because I was struggling with the car through every corner and then I hit @benimi as I was trying to get out of his way. Really sorry about that, I was hoping the faster guys won't catch me in the corners but that ended up happening

Onufmi

Community Member
Reaction score
Did I hit you @The Breeze ? (second race, lap 15).
Is this karma?

Eugene Gajkin

RSR Academy
Reaction score
@2scoops, I think I'm more guilty here.

Sonic

Community Member
Reaction score
Class sprint wet race, but in the middle of the second, unfortunately, there was an accident at the power plant and I plunged into darkness.

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Did I hit you @The Breeze ? (second race, lap 15).
Is this karma?
No you didn't... it's just my car with front tyres 1.53 bar... rear tyres 1.71 bar... well balanced setup :facepalm: ... better have it the other way around :D

Had a great pit crew 2 btw... not swapping wet tyres for new wets...so swapped for slicks way too soon in the race.
I ruined my wet 1:53 setup a couple of days before the race... during my search for a solution for the overheating tyres... thought my setup was wrong causing the tyres getting too hot...:(

Well...not much of a result after 12 hours of hard work + race... but I guess I learned a lot from this one.

eagle

Community Member
Reaction score
Tha was great round!) A lot of battles and not bad position =)
Race 1

Race 2

P.S. @SP1KEGRW wery sorry for a light contact, I hope it was without damage for you... =(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread