Split 2 - R2: Brno - 30th July 2018 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
What a disaster. I botched it up completely.
Race 1: Put the car into a wall at the end of lap 2. Limped to the pits, waited over a minute for the repairs to be finished. Came back last and managed to climb to P17. Wow. Not.

Race 2: So far a good race. Pitted a wee bit too early and it was pretty slippery on slicks, but manageable. Picked up some speed and was sitting comfortably on P10 until the very last corner of the race came up. Lost concentration first and my rear after that. I spun and flew backwards into the pits. Insta-disqualification. WTF?!

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
What a disaster. I botched it up completely.
Race 1: Put the car into a wall at the end of lap 2. Limped to the pits, waited over a minute for the repairs to be finished. Came back last and managed to climb to P17. Wow. Not.

Race 2: So far a good race. Pitted a wee bit too early and it was pretty slippery on slicks, but manageable. Picked up some speed and was sitting comfortably on P10 until the very last corner of the race came up. Lost concentration first and my rear after that. I spun and flew backwards into the pits. Insta-disqualification. WTF?!
:( Hopefully better next time..

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Lost concentration first and my rear after that. I spun and flew backwards into the pits. Insta-disqualification. WTF?!
ahh thats what happened. unlucky dude!

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thanks for an awesome evening of racing guys!

For me, i really struggled with tire life during practice and went into the races with only 1 plan...to conserve my tires and make as little pit stops as possible(expecting to have to stop during the sprint race). Qualifying has always been a good thing for me, i always manage to find the extra time. quali was 1 slow out lap to kep the tires as cool as possible then 1 hot lap. The 2nd qualifying was more difficult, on the first lap there was a small mistake which cost me some time. so i went again at the end of the session and found the time.

Sprint race
Sprint race was all about looking after the tires, with only 12 laps, making a pit stop would have lost me 30s which i would be able to get back with so few laps. I decided to take it easy and drive consistent 1:52 this looked after the tires much better than expected but what helped me was running off line through the water to help keep the tires cool. I also learnt that through out the evening that going slow in the stadium section(sector2) really helped keep the tires alive. At the start i decided to run my own race and look after the tires, this meant i had to check my mirrors to make sure @2scoops didn't try to overtake, luckily there was enough of a gap as i believe we were both looking after the tires.

Feature race
Starting from pole i had a good start but could see in my mirrors that @2scoops had an even better start coming from the 2/3rd row i knew i had to cover the inside which i did this didn't go to plan as on the apex of T1 i got on the grass a little slowing me down, this gave @xImJakeyy who found himself running wide at turn 1(clever tactic or accidental?) where it turns out there was a lot of grip, this gave Jakey the run on me out of the corner, I wasn't expecting him to be so close and suddenly saw him to the left:

This was very close but exciting.

@xImJakeyy took the lead at this point, i thought about out braking him into T2 but thought better of it. again this was about looking after the tires but Jakey started pulling away from me at 2s a lap, I was sat there thinking WTF. i Suddenly realised i had the wrong setup and had an old development setup from a week ago, this made the car difficult to drive. the first few laps i decided to stick with @xImJakeyy which was destroying my front left, within 3 laps it was 50% worn so i backed off and at this point decided to try and secure 2nd place, the dry conditions came around lap 10-13 which at this point everyone pitted. by this point i had lost 20s to P1. @xImJakeyy pitted around lap 13 which at this stage i decided i would try and run a longer first stint(similar idea to Hamilton in Monaco 2016), The idea was to stay out until the 2 big puddles had reduced, i used every bit of water i could find on the track. Lap 18 i pitted not knowing if i would come out in P1/2/3 as @Nada had copied my strategy(coincident or planned?) Fortunately I came out in P1 not knowing at the time that jakey had a pit stop problem costing him 10s. going onto slicks changed the behaviour of the car massively, the rear of the car was so loose and oversteery, i had to drive the smoothest 6 laps ever, the car was awful to drive and this meant both Nada and Jakey were catching quickly, they, jakey caught me and overtook again, but spun at T2 allowing me the chance to take the lead once again, Finally with 2 laps to go i had a bit of a gap which by the final lap was less than 0.5s what an awesome race.

The whole evening was exciting not just from the great driving by all but the conditions, strategy's and respect that everyone in split 2 has for each other.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Further to this ^^ I still feel like the win belonged to @xImJakeyy. the pace advantage he had at the start was incredible without the issue in the pit stop i wouldn't have had a chance. :)

SP1KEGRW

Community Member
Reaction score
Tha was great round!) A lot of battles and not bad position =)
Race 1

Race 2

P.S. @SP1KEGRW wery sorry for a light contact, I hope it was without damage for you... =([/QUO

i got big damage from u hitting me and was the start of the end for me :(

Jakeyy

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
To say that before yesterday I had done zero practice, and before the races started I had very little hope of having 2 good races, or even bothered about how the event went. I had some bloody good fun driving that.

Race 1: I started 4th (I think) and found myself following @Nada, T3 I took a chance and went around the outside.
Unfortunately I think I squeezed him a little too much and ended up backwards, I think Nada ended up backwards too, to which I'm sorry. So I had to fight my way through the pack.

I wasn't looking after the tires and was just pushing every single lap, trying the outside of corners and getting some grip, meaning I was getting a slightly higher exit speed on some of the others. I had great fun fighting back through and finishing P5.

Race 2: Again I started P4, and got a brilliant start. Short shift into 2nd Gear, and then once the grip built opened the DRS. I saw myself going around the outside of T1, again where the grip should have been. I received a little tap on the rear right, but got no damage so not too bothered as it didn't hinder me.

I kept my foot in and saw @Jamesl91 with a slower T1 exit, so went to his left for the inside on T2. Thankfully James decided not to fight back.

Now I was just pushing as I did in race 1 trying to get a decent gap, as I had fuelled the car short for a midway pit stop. So I wanted a decent gap in case I had to double pit stop. I didn't expect to be pulling a gap of 2s a lap to James, once I got to a 20s gap I decided to just calm it down and keep to my pace towards my pit stop.

I pitted on lap 12 or 13, Can't remember the exact lap. But the track in S2 & S3 was looking perfect for slick tyres, S1 was a tough sector for a lap or two. Entering the pits with a 20s lead and then coming out 35s behind James was annoying, but it happens. Once James and Nada made there stops I found myself 5 seconds behind James. And with 6 or so laps left I found myself pushing hard on slicks (Maybe too much).

I got passed both of them fairly quickly, but then lost the rear of the car around T2 and dropped to around 7seconds behind again. I gained this back pretty quickly, passed Nada again. But now found myself stuck behind James as I didn't want to mess up and lock a wheel and ruin his winning streak even if it should have been my win ;)

Either way thank you everyone for the clean racing in difficult conditions.

eagle

Community Member
Reaction score
@SP1KEGRW I'm wery sorry that it happened!! It was a lot of understeer =(

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
But now found myself stuck behind James as I didn't want to mess up and lock a wheel and ruin his winning streak even if it should have been my win ;)

dude, dont worry about that i dont care about winning streaks. I was hoping you and Nada would catch up while i was struggling with my awful setup, and we could at least have a few laps to fight. I will race anyone so bring it on... :D

Jakeyy

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
dude, dont worry about that i dont care about winning streaks. I was hoping you and Nada would catch up while i was struggling with my awful setup, and we could at least have a few laps to fight. I will race anyone so bring it on... :D

Ok what I really meant nicely was "I don't want to lock up and end up in the stewards" :D

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Sprint race went about as well as I could have hoped for... Started on the back row, made my way to p14 by t4 when one of the red cars (kyma?) decided to try a move on the inside after just rejoining the track... Contact put me in the gravel & last place with some slight damage... Didn't get a sorry, nor did the driver wait, kinda annoyed at that but whatever.
On the left right going up the hill in the final sector I had a silly spin that ended with me face first in the wall... Jolly old trip through the pits & a slow painful recovery to make it to the end of the race on one stop... Front left had 5% life left in it @145 deg C.

The feature race was a race to forget... Coming into t3 following the pack I had to avoid @SP1KEGRW & took to the grass under braking which caused a half spin. Back of the pack. Lap 3 I think I was lapped as I destroyed the wets trying to catch the field. Got hit from behind by one of the red cars again who was impatient in trying to lap me, rather than calling out or waiting for me to exit the corner I got a bump in the middle which put us both in the gravel in s2. Lost the rear wing & gearbox damage. Slow trip to the pits...
Putting the slicks on around lap 15 I quickly gained on people & unlapped myself when it was safe to do so. The only issue was that my wet setup was very much an over steer setup for the dry which was fun as I chased @2scoops though I had to back off to preserve the front left. The puddle on the exit of T1 was my undoing, effectively aquaplanning & oversteering off into the barrier at 180 kph. Amazingly I managed to come away from the barrier with all 4 wheels & both wings intact. The engine/radiator not so much. Instant 99% damage. Retired to the garage on lap 21 & watched the leaders duke it out. Honestly thought @xImJakeyy would claim the win. Though watching the top 5 from the pit lane showed only nada as having slicks on... Dunno if that was the case or not.
Kinda want to raise a steward inquiry to some of contacts I had but I don't have the replays :banghead:
On the other hand, hopefully there isn't another wet race & I can use this as my results write off.

benimi

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Opening Race:

Not too much to say, after reading all the comments about the tires dying here, I focused during practice, to keep them alive with a good pace as long as possible. And I figured, if I don't push the first 2-3 laps, it's going to last. So I was careful at the beginning, and then started pushing later. Then I felt blood in the water, when others around me looked like they started slowing down, and because of the blood, I put the car into the wall...
POV:

Feature Race:
Promising pace, unfortunate race incidents with @Mearcat and @Mark ultimately cost me the chance to give a proper fight for the podium, but with all what happened, getting 4th isn't that bad (I topped my best result this round as well :D ).
POV:

Now, back to the factory, analyze the data, learn from it, and come back stronger next round!

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Though watching the top 5 from the pit lane showed only nada as having slicks on... Dunno if that was the case or not.
Shame about your races dude, you really need to get a wheel and some more space to put it :D as for the tire thingy...we were all on slicks. even when racing jakey the game showed he was still on wets but he wasnt.

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Then I felt blood in the water, when others around me looked like they started slowing down, and because of the blood...
Wow did someone actually die so there was blood in the water? :D

Nada

Community Member
Reaction score
I just had a flash, I completely forget the use of the DRS, I think I have a problem with my brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread