Split 2 - R2: Imola - 23rd October 2017 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dominiczeth

Community Member
Reaction score
Ok short summary from me:

Server Problems where really bad yesterday... This has to be better, but i know SMS is on it.

To the Race itself: The first Race we tried didn't even start because Darksi wasn't able to continue and some of us crashed too.
So next attempt with 5 Minutes Training: When the Race started we had no Textures from vegetation and also some other objects where missing. In Lap one then the Server crashed. Was a bad moment when the car in fron of me suddenly stopped ^^

3rd and last Attempt: Only a Race session. This time everything went well. I lost 2 places after the start in turn 2 because someone spun in front of me. So had to brake and let 3 guys pass. No problem anyway ;) Then my race was going on and on with a bit of batteling. Was quiet fun. Then there where only 15 Minutes left and i requested my pitstop on the S/F Straight. Checked my Pit Strategy and also that all tires would be changed (see above). Everything looked good. I was on P1 at this moment.
Then my Pit Stop came. I drove into the Pit and ... whoooosh! ... they didn't do anything! They just lifted my car and let it down again and i had to drive out of the Pit - no tire Change at all! I'm 100% sure that my strategy was ok! I lost only two positions. Was on P3 after this, but then @Dama_The_Crow crashed with a backmarker and was really slow.
I could've overtook him but i had a bad feeling about that so i lost 1-2 seconds every Lap just because i felt bad overtake him. Then he drove into the Pit and i was on P2. Now the worn tires showed their bad side: I was still much slower. (around 1 Second per Lap for the last 4 Laps) and P3 came near. But not near enough, i placed 2nd anyway with ~10 Seconds before position 3.

Beside the Server Problems and the stupid Pit Crew who didn't changed my tires (urgh) it was a great and clean Race for me! I had much fun and it was the first Race in RSR for me where i didn't had any crash or in incident. Just 2-3 times i braked too late (in Fog) and two times i lost my rear a bit. But i was able to catch it everytime.

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
What an evening. I think everything is said about the problems we had.

But first of all congrats to all podium finishers. We will see who that is, because I made a stewards enquiry against myself for speeding in the pit lane.

Qualification was ok. I think the track was a bit slower then in my practice sessions.

The race was pretty good. When @Jesper Ramsberg called out "green, green, green", I had the feeling that you forgot to hit your throttle :D. So I was in P1 after turn 1. I was able to gain a small gap until @Jesper Ramsberg made a mistake. With @Dama_The_Crow in P2 and a 8 second gap before his pit stop I decided to go to the pits right after your stop. All of the sudden, the gap was only 1,5 seconds after my own stop. So I pushed hard to get again a small gap. Sadly you had your incident.

Congrats to my teammate @Eugene Flerko, who made it from last place to P7. Very impressive mate

Thx to everyone in this race, specially to everyone under the blue flag.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
This is my first race in S3 Cup and I have to say that SMS did very good job with Project cars 2. I was so Immersed driving with Oculus Rift with that is unbelievable. These connection issues that we had last night are really bad and some of us find time just to do a qualli and racing, and another hour of waiting is just too much, but I hope that they will fix it soon enough.

About the race.....

Awesome.... nice battles throughout all first half of the race. I pitted when backmarkers showed up in front of me. Changed tyres, and came back to 6th (I think) position, and soon enough I was 2nd when others went to pits. Grobi was in front of me and everything seems to me fine for 2nd place, and then unfortunate thing happened, just like in Seasone 2 when I was 1st, and last lap backmarker pushed me off the road. These things should not be happening. But.... it's all a game, and all we need is to enjoy it.

P.S.
I am still so confused (due to lack of practice) with pitstops in PC2. I had engine and aero damage, and my motor temperature went skyhigh in one lap, so I went to pits. First it was struggle to set up fix under ingame pit menu (strategy) and finnaly I set it to "all"..... I was 2,5 minutes in pit box...... xD LOL
I really need to read and learn about PC2 and how it handles everything, because clearly it is different that PC1 :)

Here is my video of the race

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Second race:

Ashnoom

Community Member
Reaction score
My 2 cents:
Having the server issues was a bit of bummer, but then, shit happens.

Whoever was in 6th called blue waaay too early (I think), made me think I’d done something wrong, I lost my concentration and... off again.

I think it was me. I was following the guy in front of me and for 1 or 2 laps we had been steadily getting closer to you. I called blue flags PJ just to give you a heads up that we were approaching and the call was given, I think, around a safe place on track where there was enough opportunity to "in the next few corners" let us pass. Alas the first pass seemed, from my perspective on your side a bit hasty, and then approaching the chicane you seem to have misjudged our speed difference.
We then both approached the chicane, and I think, or at least that is how it felt, that I scared you there when I was on the outside and we both didn't have the best entry to the chicane. Then I think through the chicane you tried to give way ASAP but that was not necessary, and it made you spin out, which I sincerely regret.

TL;DR: I had a blast fighting @dominiczeth, @RPJ, @Oki and @Jesper Ramsberg

Had an OK start, had to let go of @Dama_The_Crow in the first corner, got a tap from Stokemon losing me another 2 positions. It might be that @Stokemon didn't feel a thing because he had a ping of >500 so he was wiggling on track, not just for me as can be heard from multiple persons on the streams.
Had no issues with the car, great setup (Thanks @Puffpirat )stable, bit more icy in the fog, but overal enjoyable.

Had three taps in the first three laps which gave me 4 front and 6 rear aero damage. This basically locked me out of any opportunity of overtaking on pure top speed/corner exit so best I could do was follow and wait for others to make mistakes.
Pitted with 19 minutes on the clock which in total set me back 2 positions due to longer repair time of the aero. Had a few good fights. Was following @RPJ for a good few laps, just couldn't overtake him until he finally made a mistake at the last chicane which set us up for a nice drag race towards the final two corners (spoiler alert, I won the drag race).

Finished third in the end which I am very happy about.

dominiczeth

Community Member
Reaction score
@Ashnoom I think you will get the 2nd Place, don't know which penalty i get because no tire change but the difference between us was not so big at the End.

CrisBCros

Community Member
Reaction score
Would anybody kindly tell me how to export saved replays?

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Ashnoom apologies for that. I have found out why it went so bad at that moment. My housemate was loading a TV show on Netflix. I've asked for minimal use of the Internet in future races because I think it was better after then.

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Would anybody kindly tell me how to export saved replays?
You can't. You must record it in real time with Geforce Experience or something like that.

CrisBCros

Community Member
Reaction score
Oh, again a nice feature..? Why not just savng the replay in a common format? :banghead: But thank you for the information

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Oh, again a nice feature..? Why not just savng the replay in a common format? :banghead: But thank you for the information
Because its not a plain video file. It's all weird code the Madness Engine has to interpret on playing the replay. A normal vid of such a long session would take many GBytes, which wouldn't be liked by a lot of customers, I believe.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Ashnoom I think you will get the 2nd Place, don't know which penalty i get because no tire change but the difference between us was not so big at the End.

In this case please make a steward enquiry :)

wabi

Community Member
Reaction score
You can record it with Geforce Experience while viewing ingame replay. But it will take another 45 minutes ;)

wabi

Community Member
Reaction score
@Stokemon I have to apologize for this contact. I was too optimistic on the brakes in the 6th lap. Sorry for that.

Ashnoom

Community Member
Reaction score
@Ashnoom apologies for that. I have found out why it went so bad at that moment. My housemate was loading a TV show on Netflix. I've asked for minimal use of the Internet in future races because I think it was better after then.
@Stokemon indeed, after halfway through the first lap your ping went down from 500 to 50-100ish. I didn't take much offence at the small touch because I could quite clearly see it was due to netcode/your high ping which could not be avoided by you. If it would had costed me more than two places I would have tried to ask kindly to wait, but wasn't necessary.

In this case please make a steward enquiry :)
I'll leave that op to @dominiczeth not too bothered about it.

RPJ

Community Member
Reaction score
You could play and record the replay at an increased speed and then slow it down again in post, audio might be a bit weird though.

Jesper Ramsberg

Community Member
Reaction score
The race was pretty good. When @Jesper Ramsberg called out "green, green, green", I had the feeling that you forgot to hit your throttle :D.
I gave throttle on the line. But not enough to keep you behind going in to the first corner. Great race though and well done.

I gave throttle on the line. But not enough to keep you behind going in to the first corner. Great race though and well done.
Will try my best to come fight you next race.

CrisBCros

Community Member
Reaction score
Anyway - I could make it... ENJOY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread