Split 2 - R2: Silverstone - 12th March 2018 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Sorry man..It looked to me like you've completely stopped after the spin..but I noticed too late that the car is still moving back. If I'd seen that quicker I'd probably managed to avoid you. Sorry again..I accept all the consequences.:dead:

Don't worry too much about it.
As for the first lap incident I didn't even know that was you ahaha.
Can only apologise to @UnstopaPaul as this isn't the first time I've nudged you. I did wait for you to catch & pass on the straight as you probably would've been able to carry on without my turning you around. It was unfortunate but one of those things. Just hope that you're far behind me next race haha.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
As for the first lap incident I didn't even know that was you ahaha.
Can only apologise to @UnstopaPaul as this isn't the first time I've nudged you. I did wait for you to catch & pass on the straight as you probably would've been able to carry on without my turning you around. It was unfortunate but one of those things. Just hope that you're far behind me next race haha.

No problem - I've re-watched it all now and you really didn't have any chance when you got hit from behind. I think we would have just been 2 wide into the next corner otherwise. We had the space.

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
One thing that i want to mention is that i'm glad the race did not start very late.
I really liked the idea of opening the lobby for the briefing, i hope this will continue in the future.

For me, it is paramount to keep with the shedule as i have personal commitments to perform once the race is over.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
One thing that i want to mention is that i'm glad the race did not start very late.
I really liked the idea of opening the lobby for the briefing, i hope this will continue in the future.

For me, it is paramount to keep with the shedule as i have personal commitments to perform once the race is over.
Yes, I felt opening the lobby at briefing start definitely made things smoother. This definitely seems worth keeping.

On a related note: Many thanks once more to all the admins that make this possible. Organising and trying to race for yourself too is quite distracting and I really appreciate that you give up your time to make it easy for me to race.

Jakeyy

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Was a brilliant race yesterday guys, was sooooo close to that win, but a puddle.... sorry a lake at the pit entry denied me that.

Well done to @Stokemon, you had way better pace once it started to dry, I just had understeer everywhere once the rain stopped.

From now on I'm not doing my race practice in a quali session.

I had a good stint while it was raining, pulling a nice gap to P2. Still had a better race that Monza!

Thanks for hosting @Darksi

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I very much like to have set up servers and joining on them during briefing so we can actually start at designated time.
To Confirm, the servers were join able during driver briefing, We did mention this at the start!

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
To Confirm, the servers were join able during driver briefing, We did mention this at the start!
I think he wanted to say, that he liked the servers being up and running when the briefing started.

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Silverstone was completely new to me as a sim racer wannabee. So I had to learn the track from scratch within a week time. Finally got all 18 corners in my mind, but didn’t have enough time to determine my ideal braking points, optimize cornering technique, explore absolute track limits, et cetera. Also because I had to get familair with the ‘far from ideal’ race conditions, which also took some valuable time.
I did some full race tests and sometimes about 10 to 15 minutes to race end, the track was dry enough for slicks.. but other times not at all… I also did a lot of ‘rolling start’ tests to make sure I won’t bump into someone during the formation lap.
In ideal conditions, my fastest lap was a 2:04.192, so when I hit a 2:05 during qualifying, I decided to leave it that way and do some changes for the race. Also because of the ‘drive through’ penalty I had, it made no sense to go 1 second faster in qualifying. So I started from second to last on the grid.
My strategy…if I had any… was to stay at the back and keep the car in one piece, do the ‘drive through’ after the first full race lap … see where that would place me in the race and work from there.
I noticed I was faster than some of the other drivers at the back of the field… not more than 2 though… but after passing and getting from my line…the track surprised me with some earlier unnoticed puddles…and I lost the car.
Finally got it all together and lap times got better. In fact I was still learning how to optimize cornering during the race. It was great fun once I knew how to attack the S‘s of Magotts-Aintree-Becketts, it felt like being in a roller coaster, shifting down from 6, to 5, to 4, to 3 for Becketts corner, braking just enough to get in the right position to get back on full throttle a.s.a.p. for the following Chapel Curve and Hangar Straight. I also made a huge improvement in Brooklands Corner.
A bit more than half way, I noticed the race leaders were closing in on me so I decided not to wait for the track conditions at the end of the race, still wet or dry enough for slicks, and pit earlier to avoid getting in their way. Had some issues with my D-pad on the steering wheel not functioning properly, changed strategy to wet-tyres and wanted to pit… but I got the message that the pit lane/box was occupied and had to do another lap. Same for the 2 laps after that one… probably a bug because when I entered the pit all went well…except for the pit lane entrance..speeded down, kept the car in high gear, let it roll… went into the puddle… and got smacked into the guardrail :banghead:. So after my pit stop, I had to go through the ICM via my malfunctioning D-pad again to select ‘repair only’… which meant I was going utterly slow over the track..and pitted again.
From that point on it was just driving the car home…. in 23rd position..so again no points from my side for the ':D:D:D' team.

Luckily my team mate @Dama_The_Crow :stig: did a great job and finished 2nd despite his drive through penalty.

Sakitto is also completely new to me… hopefully that is the case for more of you ;). Luckily we will have more time to practice and weather conditions are closer to ideal… no more puddles!

My focus will be on the last 3 races, already knowing these tracks a little will give me more time to concentrate on details. Hopefully I will be able to qualify somewhere midfield in one those last 3 races and score some points for the ':D:D:D' team.

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
My full race report (longest post ever I think... sorry XD):

I'd done some but not loads of practice for this race, using another persons set up for both race and qualifying (thanks @Alex Salmon). Usually I edit these for myself but I simply didn't get track time in the last week.

I was almost completely blind for quali, put in a 1.59 in the practice session before the race so hoped for that. Struggled initially to get a clean lap. In fact I only got one entirely clean lap for which I got a 1.59.5 putting me just ahead of @xImJakeyy looking at the time I had just done I binned it into turn 1 so failed to better it. So I sat and watched the end of @xImJakeyy 's lap which was truely deserving of pole and seemed as though it could have been better.

Race Start didn't go well. I took it super easy to avoid contact after Monza, found myself go from 2nd to 4th by the Wellington straight. I managed to get past @Dama_The_Crow pretty quickly but @drukqs put up an amazing fight, the puddles removed most overtaking opportunities and what was left he covered. I was briefly ahead before I had to lift due to being on the right of the massive puddle. I eventually got passed with a run onto the Wellington straight only to see @xImJakeyy had got 12 seconds up the road.

I started eating into @xImJakeyy 's gap which gave me confidence so I increased the risk a little to start putting on pressure. He had a spin (I think? Gap got 5 seconds smaller very quickly), and I kept eating away trying to be swift through the traffic. When I reached @xImJakeyy I still was haunted by the memory of laps behind @drukqs, so I played the old F1 undercut tactic and dived into the pits as soon as I got behind. This was slightly hindered by the pit entry puddle which put me into the wall despite nearly being stationary when I reached it, thankfully the low speed kept the damage minimal.

After leaving the pits and a couple of laps I was in front, trading times with @Ashnoom which helped to keep my focus on the job at hand. Crossing the line to start the last lap with 1 second to go because I didn't want to risk playing silly games by lifting off. Buzzing at the end, it was awesome taking my first win in RSR, it was better that I had to work hard for it using both strategy and race craft.

Loved it, thanks guys for a clean and fair race :)

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
My full race report (longest post ever I think... sorry XD):

I'd done some but not loads of practice for this race, using another persons set up for both race and qualifying (thanks @Alex Salmon). Usually I edit these for myself but I simply didn't get track time in the last week.

I was almost completely blind for quali, put in a 1.59 in the practice session before the race so hoped for that. Struggled initially to get a clean lap. In fact I only got one entirely clean lap for which I got a 1.59.5 putting me just ahead of @xImJakeyy looking at the time I had just done I binned it into turn 1 so failed to better it. So I sat and watched the end of @xImJakeyy 's lap which was truely deserving of pole and seemed as though it could have been better.

Race Start didn't go well. I took it super easy to avoid contact after Monza, found myself go from 2nd to 4th by the Wellington straight. I managed to get past @Dama_The_Crow pretty quickly but @drukqs put up an amazing fight, the puddles removed most overtaking opportunities and what was left he covered. I was briefly ahead before I had to lift due to being on the right of the massive puddle. I eventually got passed with a run onto the Wellington straight only to see @xImJakeyy had got 12 seconds up the road.

I started eating into @xImJakeyy 's gap which gave me confidence so I increased the risk a little to start putting on pressure. He had a spin (I think? Gap got 5 seconds smaller very quickly), and I kept eating away trying to be swift through the traffic. When I reached @xImJakeyy I still was haunted by the memory of laps behind @drukqs, so I played the old F1 undercut tactic and dived into the pits as soon as I got behind. This was slightly hindered by the pit entry puddle which put me into the wall despite nearly being stationary when I reached it, thankfully the low speed kept the damage minimal.

After leaving the pits and a couple of laps I was in front, trading times with @Ashnoom which helped to keep my focus on the job at hand. Crossing the line to start the last lap with 1 second to go because I didn't want to risk playing silly games by lifting off. Buzzing at the end, it was awesome taking my first win in RSR, it was better that I had to work hard for it using both strategy and race craft.

Loved it, thanks guys for a clean and fair race :)
Great job team mate. Sorry I've not added more points to the constructors total :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread