Split 2 - R2: Silverstone - 12th March 2018 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Yeah... No, that's just happens sometimes, and I can do nothing about it until I move out from this place.
Believe me, I've tried many-many things.

Also, it destroyed my entire race, because my car was so damaged, I barely could get back to the pits, after a crash with someone who couldn't even see me. I don't care if you got scared.
Mmh, I do not want to sound like an a**, but this sounds like you don't care about ruining someones race because of a problem on your end... Please correct me if I am wrong.

is your avatar you during one of these meetings?
Pretty much but without pulling my hair, hands on the wheel, you know...

benimi

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Are you connected via Wifi or RJ45 cable? If Wifi, you can do something: you can connect yourself via cable instead that should give you a bit more stable network.

Cable, I don't even have a WiFi adapter connected to my PC, why would I, it doesn't go anywhere.

The problem is ISP side, and I don't have any other ISP available in this place.

Mmh, I do not want to sound like an a**, but this sounds like you don't care about ruining someones race because of a problem on your end... Please correct me if I am wrong.
You are wrong.
I do care, that's why I was driving leaving at least 2 car space next to me the whole race after I started lagging.
I have this lag for over 2 year now, I know how to handle it without killing anybody.

I just don't care if you got scared, but nothing else happened.
Why do you think I was telling the "I KNOW" 3 times?

EDIT: It wasn't an accident either, that I want off the road to let people pass me, half of the time I got lapped.

Last edited:

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Cable, I don't even have a WiFi adapter connected to my PC, why would I, it doesn't go anywhere.

The problem is ISP side, and I don't have any other ISP available in this place.

You are wrong.
I do care, that's why I was driving leaving at least 2 car space next to me the whole race after I started lagging.
I have this lag for over 2 year now, I know how to handle it without killing anybody.

I just don't care if you got scared, but nothing else happened.
Why do you think I was telling the "I KNOW" 3 times?

EDIT: It wasn't an accident either, that I want off the road to let people pass me, half of the time I got lapped.
All cool mate. Your wording just wasn't clear to me. No harm done (at least for me), so let's carry on. ;)

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
This race, first few corners 1st fast lap are crucial. No full throttle no full brakes. Go easy on start and everybody have chance to win with just manage to finish the race.

(mod edit : I've removed the original 1st paragraph as this was potentially re-igniting a flame that was asked by jamesl to be put out)

Last edited by a moderator:

Pete Morrish

Community Member
Reaction score
Meh. Hate Silverstone. Love rain though!

I ain’t going to get much better than 2:22 in the rain, I don’t think. See y’all when you lap me!

Ashnoom

Community Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to give everybody a headsup. I've done three practice sessions. Each with the same type of weather and each with different track conditions.

So it might be that the race for tonight might have a bit of a different feel than what you practiced. Some puddles might be bigger/smaller depending on livetrack conditions. (Which now, will be the same for everybody)

dominiczeth

Community Member
Reaction score
Bad news for me :( I hurt my back yesterday and now my back and my shoulder are killing me while racing more then 10 minutes..i don't think that I can attend the race like this :banghead:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
^^^ hope your back and shoulder sort themselves out soon, can't be nice :(

Pete Morrish

Community Member
Reaction score
I ma-a-ay end up bailing on this. Feel like I'm coming down with a bug or something, and juggling whether to junk work this afternoon and go curl up in a feeling-sorry-for-itself ball on the sofa.

But I might have come round by the evening. If I'm there, I'm there!

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hope you feel better soon Pete. Lots of stuff going round at the moment :(

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Anyone wanna give me a hand? I've gone backwards with my setup & can't get the car back.
Understeer between 70kph & 120kph. Oversteer everywhere else. Car wants to swap ends on every bump.

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Anyone wanna give me a hand? I've gone backwards with my setup & can't get the car back.
Understeer between 70kph & 120kph. Oversteer everywhere else. Car wants to swap ends on every bump.

Try 1/5 df, 90 / 5 anti-roll-bar and ride height 15mm higher than minimum all around and see what this does for you.

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
something along invincible reply should do it.also less break pressure and more balanced break bias.
also softer suspension and dampers should help.

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
Still working and need to eat after Im done :(

Sorry guys I dont have many time constraints work wise usually but this one I gotta get sorted.

Good luck all

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Great race, dunno what happened in T2 but got caught up in it. Racing incident imo.
@Jaco P. dunno if you couldn't avoid me into T2/3 but destroyed my race sadly.
@benimi I had a great battle with you in the early part going side by side, enjoyed every moment of it.
A race to forget but hey, I've finally finished a full race with my new controller haha.
Congrats to @atmosfearic34 for another top ten finish. The apprentice should be the master in this team ahaha

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
This was sooo much better, really :D had a great race, thanks at you all guys. P8 despite a drivethrough penalty feels pretty good

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Woooooohooooooo :-D

atmosfearic34

Community Member
Reaction score
Congrats to @atmosfearic34 for another top ten finish. The apprentice should be the master in this team ahaha

I'm gonna be honest I was *incredibly* lucky with that first spin out and my good timing on the "Green! Green! Green!". Had major trouble in quali with a shoddy 24th place, but climbed to 17th by corner two and by the end of corner 4 I was touching 8th-10th place! Really amazing start for me.

Going into lap 2 I was right up the back of @Loxias, and his driving was brilliant throughout the race. After passing him he was on my gearbox for a solid 25 minutes. I enjoyed every moment of it so thanks for the battles in the first half!

During my battles with Loxias I also found that the 100m marker on the final chicane had been knocked out, so that screwed me over on my braking reference more than once.

Only issue I did have was with my pitstop. I set my tires to change to wets again once I had pit, but my tires didn't change at all. In fact, it repaired my car slightly even though I set it not to!
I did take a drive through penalty to make up for any time I should've lost however.

After that it was 11th place, but I eventually found myself in 6th place after a couple pits from other racers, which is my second 6th place finish (along with points) in the season. I think this was my favourite race of the two and my most successful if I might add.
@FuBii I hope to see you side by side with me in the next race :p

Brilliant driving from everyone tonight!

Last edited:

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
So this is how my race started!

Sadly I think I was so put off I probably reentered far too soon :(

A fight back from last to 12 was still pretty fun to do!

EDIT: Despite being hit twice, that race still felt far more clean, gentlemanly, and less unnecessary chatter. It felt so much better, thank you all.

2ND EDIT: Ok, looking at how turn 2 went, I might need to revoke the clean part. There are some who definitely need to brake a little more when there is obviously a crash in progress.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread