Split 2 - R2: Silverstone - 12th March 2018 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I was so terrified of being clever by the way that I started the last lap with 1 second remaining. Did not want to slow down lol. Our race could have been 1 lap shorter XD

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
I was so terrified of being clever by the way that I started the last lap with 1 second remaining. Did not want to slow down lol. Our race could have been 1 lap shorter XD
It was fine the way it was. That way I could scare @Loxias some more in the final turns :p

Last edited:

Jaco P.

Community Member
Reaction score
Great race, dunno what happened in T2 but got caught up in it. Racing incident imo.
@Jaco P. dunno if you couldn't avoid me into T2/3 but destroyed my race sadly.

Sorry man..It looked to me like you've completely stopped after the spin..but I noticed too late that the car is still moving back. If I'd seen that quicker I'd probably managed to avoid you. Sorry again..I accept all the consequences.

After that I had to pit also..and guess what..I've put on Soft Slicks by mistake..what a nightmare..then I had to drive whole lap like on ice. Next pit I've managed to put on wets..got back on track of course very last. Then finally things went acceptable, managed to catch up a few places..but to put cherry on top..5 mins before the race ended game crashed (again). So yeah..really disappointing (again). :dead:

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
It was clearly team planning - I was hunting down Copper Piston and needed the extra lap for a try at him. Sadly you needed to somehow manufacture me at least another lap!

Some great racing against Copper Piston and Henri4 which was very enjoyable.

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
so...a race blown up by a momentary lapse of concentration entering the pits :(

P3 on quali was allright. Twice i was taking 0.4sec to my lap and twice i spun. I think i could have done P1/P2, but P3 was allright.

Good start, fended a few laps Stokemon attacks, he and jakey were clearly faster than me. After he passed me after a few laps (good fight btw) lost a bit of time, made one or two minor mistakes and gave position to Dama i believe and stayed that way for most of the race in P4'ish.

By the end of the race i realize i had some problems with my pit stop as it was saying my pit was occupied...i was not sure what to do, but when ppl told me it was allright i was about to pass through the pits, and i was also lapping a car. So i lost my concentration and aquapllaned on the pit entry puddle: into the barriers. Lost in excess of 30sec with the spin and repairs.

After that...lost my focus, and my tyres overheated, i knew my setup would be weak in the last few laps...but P9 it was.

Overall i don't like rain, and i absolutely hate Silverstone (dry or wet). Too wide, to ascetic for my taste.

Anyway, I will not be participating in the next 2 races as i will be out of the country. I will be back hopefully for Hockenheim :D.

Until then, best of luck to everyone!

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Sorry man..It looked to me like you've completely stopped after the spin..but I noticed too late that the car is still moving back. If I'd seen that quicker I'd probably managed to avoid you. Sorry again..I accept all the consequences.

Jaco you are probably coming in a little hot considering the carnage. Always remember, after carnage....there is secondary carnage. sadly you punted FuBii into me which put me into last place. I'd suggest more defensive driving in these cases as there is little to be gained trying to squeeze your car through non existent gaps

Damian Hall

Community Member
Reaction score
So this is how my race started!

Sadly I think I was so put off I probably reentered far too soon :(

A fight back from last to 12 was still pretty fun to do!

EDIT: Despite being hit twice, that race still felt far more clean, gentlemanly, and less unnecessary chatter. It felt so much better, thank you all.

2ND EDIT: Ok, looking at how turn 2 went, I might need to revoke the clean part. There are some who definitely need to brake a little more when there is obviously a crash in progress.
Good race Paul, this is Copper Piston btw :)

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
EDIT: I had to reword this after watching some replay!

That went way better than expected. Thx for the great night guys! ;)

I managed to jump from P17 to P14 in the last seconds of the qualy, could get to P10 during the little incident after T1 and sat there for quite a while. I found myself chasing down CopperPiston with @Ranjanado on my back. Going side by side into T3 after a couple of laps with CopperPiston was pretty tense, but I backed off, as I had the feeling it might end bad for the two of us, and he was generally a tad faster than me. Had to let at least 2 people pass due to minor driving errors. One was @UnstopaPaul rubbing his door against mine going into Luffield as I messed up there, and also @Invincible and me had a little paint trade coming out of Luffield as I hit the grass on the left and went across the track. Ranj then came pretty close after Becketts and slightly bumped me, so time to pit at around the 32minute mark, IIRC. Came out of the pits in P22, but as many still had to change their tires I was sure, to climb up again.

Another Top10 finish, especially in these conditions, is quite a confidence booster.

Last edited:

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Had to let at least 2 people pass due to minor driving errors (I think one was @UnstopaPaul rubbing his door against mine in Luffield as I messed up there)

If it was from Luffield through Woodcote, that was me. I think your rear came loose which had you swaying a bit, so we touched slightly.

Jaco P.

Community Member
Reaction score
Jaco you are probably coming in a little hot considering the carnage. Always remember, after carnage....there is secondary carnage. sadly you punted FuBii into me which put me into last place. I'd suggest more defensive driving in these cases as there is little to be gained trying to squeeze your car through non existent gaps

Nope..that definitely wasn't me as when that incident that FuBii mentions happened you were not even around..

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Nope..that definitely wasn't me as when that incident that FuBii mentions happened you were not even around..
pretty certain this is you. I mean turn 3 btw. I can't count! You do hit 2 separate cars, the second is FuBii, who gets pushed into me.

Jaco P.

Community Member
Reaction score
Ok, yeah this is the other case I guess then..
What can I say..Was not intentional, did brake but as I have reflexes like a turtle I was not able to avoid you obviously. Sorry.

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
So this is how my race started!

Damn you are fast! Noticed that you tend to bend your neck with the corner... maybe you get even faster without doing that? :D See attached driving tip. DoNOTlean.PNG

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Damn you are fast! Noticed that you tend to bend your neck with the corner... maybe you get even faster without doing that? :D See attached driving tip.

Nice tip...but not sure if it applies with less G Forces. Yes, I'm trying to look into the corner for sure. I think I will try that tip out and see if it helps refine my driving. Thanks!!

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Really sorry for the guys that got caught up in my spin in turn 2 at the start, @Freak Superman, @UnstopaPaul and any others, the car just wouldn't turn and I went onto the grass, I lifted off, but I was just a passenger and the rear came around.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Really sorry for the guys that got caught up in my spin in turn 2 at the start, @Freak Superman, @UnstopaPaul and any others, the car just wouldn't turn and I went onto the grass, I lifted off, but I was just a passenger and the rear came around.
Well - yesterday I learned that CrewChief has absolutely nothing for "Car on the top".... o_O

Ashnoom

Community Member
Reaction score

So, here is my clip. Race starts just after 29:30 (linked), the 30 minutes before that are qualifying.

Had an OK race. Two spins. Where the last** one might have missed me getting P2. But oh well. Third place, I am happy :-]

** @Alex du Plessis (Oki??) was right in front of me when @Dama_The_Crow came out of the pits (see 1:24:00). I expected @Alex du Plessis to see me on the outside (he also confirmed that he saw me). However, he expected that I was going to take the inside, so I had to break a bit harder cause I was aiming for staying where I was and overtaking the corner after. Hit a small patch of grass and spun. Alas, shit happens. All corrected next lap or the one after, which then did happen cleanly and correctly and all was fine and dandy :) Lost 5 seconds, and noticed that @Dama_The_Crow must have spun somewhere as well because after my spin he was 8 seconds ahead and all of a sudden somewhere in the next laps he was 4 seconds away. So taking in to account the 5 seconds lost I might or might not have been able to take 2nd. (Also managed to close the gap to 3 seconds in the end).

Thanks for the clean race. No issues with backmarkers, everybody (around me) stayed clean, have had no contacts whatsoever.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
First of all I'am sorry that I can't stay on TS after the race and chat about it because of current situation at home.

Now about the race:
I very much like to have set up servers and joining on them during briefing so we can actually start at designated time. I hope that next time we can cut off additional 10 minutes to start precisely at 7:40. Sorry about this "rant" but I really don't have any minute to spare.

Qualifying went very well, didn't have unwanted traffic in front of me, so I did my best and placed in the end at 5th place. I could do half a second faster but last lap in the "Club" I had a bit oversteer and that advantage melted down.

Race started very nice, carefully, after first lap I was third. In 2nd lap @Stokemon overtook me and in that time I just wanted to do as much advantage in front others that I could so that I loose as much possible places during drive through penalty and in that second lap a thought came through my head "What lap this is?" will I miss drive through penalty in first three laps??? :D

Back from drive through I get back to a very good 8th place just behind @Loxias and @atmosfearic34. I tried to drive not crazy fast, but stable and consistent. I waited mistakes, and 2 laps further Atmos went wide in "Club" and in the next lap Loxias also went wide on breaking at the "Village". Loxias tried to get back his position right in the next straight but I kept my place. I was 6th.

Next it was @Ashnoom . He had 4 secs advantage so I decided to try to push a bit so I can catch him. Couple laps after, I was on Ash's tale an din the "Brooklands" he ovesteered and I was 5th. @Mark was in front of me. Again I tried to pushed it as far as I can and next lap I saw my opportunity, Mark and I had some nice parallel driving through "Wellington" straight and "Brooklands" so I was inside in front of "Luffield" and 4rd place was mine.

With more laps I got more confident in the car and tires. In that point I decided to stay as much as possible in the track and to go to pits later as I can. My tires even when track started to dry out didn't heat up. I used my own setup with @Cluck 's slide-0-matic technique. Maybe it was not fastest setup but definitely was stable on the track.

Next was @drukqs at 3rd place. I managed to catch up with him and when he made a mistahe running wide and sliding into "Club" I took over.
Rain stopped. It was half of the race. Every lap track became more and more dry, so my laptimes and grip got better every lap.

Next was @Stokemon on 2nd place. He was not easy to catch. Just when I catch up with him, I spinned at the "Loop" (I need to apologize to @2scoops ,two or three times he let me lap him just because I two laps in the row I spinned in Loop.) Few laps later, Stokemon went to pits so I knew that I need to push next 7-8 minutes as much as I can to try to when I go into pits come out on better position.

12 minutes before the end, I cought up with tree backmarkers (Copper Preston, Henri and Mercat) who was fighting for 11th place. I thought to go to pits then, but I left on track and tried to lap them as fast as I can and they were so kind that let me overtook them without having any lost time. Leader @xImJakeyy went to pits in that point, so I was 1st :cool: at least for a few minutes.

In 7th minute until the end I went to pits and almost had a chrash. That puddle water throw me into wall but I stayed intact. 24 secs in front of Stokemon, and 29 in front of Ashnoom. Changed my tires, Stokemon went buy, but Ashnoom was 1 sec behind. I came up 2nd from pits. Untill the end it was 6 minutes and I thought to try to catch Stokemon who was 4 secs in front and maybe to try to win the race. But he was to qouick and did no mistakes, but I almost lost 2nd place because I spinned the "Loop" - again. So I slowed down a bit an dwent to the end.

What a nice and exciting race.

Here is the video:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread