Split 2 - R3: Fuji - 6th November 2017 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dominiczeth

Community Member
Reaction score
I probably wont make it for this Race :( I don't feel so good, i'm with a cold. In case i feel better i will maybe be there. But don't count on it.

Ok i tried it. And it wasn't so bad but it definitaly wasn't good. Had problems to concentrate because i felt so tired. Anyway Pos.14 isn't bad and really better then not to drive. Cheers :)

Thomas Sikora

Community Member
Reaction score
What a race!!!
Start p14...finished P3... first podium in a Cup race.
Had only a 1:47 as fastest time, but constant with max +0,5s, no failure, clear track and a very late pitstop at about 15 min left.
Tried first to get @ Sms_Brandxxx was constant a gap of 3-5s, he pit first, i 5 minutes later, found me direct at P4. Fight then again @ 0ki ...? ... what happens oki? you looks suddenly like a ghost car.
Then @ EV0T3CH pushed me from behind, you could use my few failures in the last laps, but you dont and drive carefully and very fair! Thats a Medal from my side for your patient driving!

Edit: in the start i had door contact with a driver, don't know who it was, i get no aerodamage, hope you also not!
Edit2. My crewchief spotter don't work @ fuji, everyone noticed it also?

Last edited:

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
Congrats to guys on the podium!
Unfortunately for me I had to spend too much time in pitbox for repair due to contact with guy who spun in the first corner (I had no time nor space to avoid this contact) and I dropped way too back with no hope for podium finish :(
@Bluerat and @SlowBloke I enjoyed our battles a lot!

CrisBCros

Community Member
Reaction score
Were penalties turned on? I have been disqualified by the game..

Jesper Ramsberg

Community Member
Reaction score
Dama, thank you for great race.
Take action if you want, this is just before the drag race to the finish

Attachments

• 2017-11-06 22.21.24.jpg
    2017-11-06 22.21.24.jpg
    348.7 KB · Views: 391

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Were penalties turned on? I have been disqualified by the game..
i have just double checked the settings and penalties were off.

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
phew - now thats more like it :)

Great race - I saw a lot of action in this one !

@Dama_The_Crow - nice battles at the start - I assume you were in your rift - seemed really nice spatial awareness between us - close stuff :)

@Jesper Ramsberg - battle should have been longer - cracking fun.

@sms_bramhall & @Eugene Flerko - I was stupid enough to think you might have been leaders so I slowed a bit before the long right hander - doh - catching you up and fighting was brilliant fun - was sorry to see bramhall lose it but damn we had a great race at the end Eugene :) A few bumps but the physics in PC2 now made that feel very natural and we really didnt impeded each other imo - I think you had the pace on me at that stage but - if the final straight was 200 metres longer I would have had you heheh !

Thanks RSR Mods !

Alex du Plessis

Community Member
Reaction score
Blown engine for no reason at all. Really the pits as I was ok with the track and car around 10 min I got tapped on the right by
not sure who now then got rammed from behind from someone else. Pitted straight after that came out in 21st I think pushed hard as I could made it up into 3rd when noticed I had 1% engine damage and Thomas you were pushing me next thing blown engine. It was fun though no ways I could put in better than 3rd. It is just this game has its flaws and would really be great if the flaws can be sorted.

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
damn we had a great race at the end Eugene :) A few bumps but the physics in PC2 now made that feel very natural and we really didnt impeded each other imo - I think you had the pace on me at that stage but - if the final straight was 200 metres longer I would have had you heheh !
Just some minor scratches, not worth any attention. But fighting and catching you was a huge pleasure! You were slower in sector 3 but your top speed at start-finish straight was higher than mine, so yes, I believe some 100 more meters at the end of the race and you'd be the 5th, not me :)

Freak Superman

Community Member
Reaction score
Sorry @SillySausage but my engine blow up on lap 2. But I qualify in 21st place. I was moving up the field. But I spin in turn 3 and hit the wall. Have 11 percent damaged on front and starting to overheat after lap 1. But I was on the straightway to pit and my engine just blow up. So I record rest of the race through the pit monitor. Enjoy!!

CrisBCros

Community Member
Reaction score
i have just double checked the settings and penalties were off.
I was just wondering, since I thought all penalties are turned off always but I have been disqualified by the game.
It made me a bit p***ed, because there was no other opportunity for me when spun in pit entry. :mad:

Sorry @Ashnoom for being such an inconstant teammate. :bag: It is qui frustrating as I notice, that my pace is not that bad. Starting from P2 and being disqualified should not be my standard.

Last edited:

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
I want to sincerely apologize to @The_Duke_ZA and @Loxias. In L1 I totally misjudged my braking point in the traffic up to chicane. When I realized I won't make it although being on 100% brake, there was a car left of me and the only space was on the small green. I hoped the car would stop before going back on track again, but it didn't, I was a passenger there. So I bumped into @The_Duke_ZA which made him spin around and hit @Loxias. I am really sorry guys. I will report myself in the Stewards room later the day, as this was definitely my fault and a breach of RSR rules.

Last edited:

dominiczeth

Community Member
Reaction score
I think excessive speeding in Pitlane is still a reason to get disqualified, even when penalties are off completly. I'm not sure though. What exactly happened to you @CrisBCros?

Summary from my Race: I startet on P16 (Bad for me - but this track is very difficult and like i said - i was a bit Ill).
Race started good anyway. In short Time i was on P9 or 8. But then i spun on the last left hander. This corner was my nemesis. I spun 3 times there :( Also i missed Breakpoints often... I was not much on Focus this Race. When around 30 Minutes where left i was driving to the Pits for a Tire Change because Softs felt like Soap. So i changed to the hard compound.
Pit Stop worked like it should this time. (Note: I used exactly the same Pit Strategy like last Race at Imole where my Tires weren't changed.) Felt much better but didn't helped with my inconsistent driving style. Well, still 14th isn't bad for a Race that went so bad for me. I hope next Race will be Top 10 ;)

Congrats to my Teammate @steveg200 for winning! That's some important points for our Team! And also sorry to you that i messed this Race up... But more wasn't possible for me yesterday sadly.

One last thing: My Badge in Teamspeak is still orange ;)

Last edited:

CrisBCros

Community Member
Reaction score
I think excessive speeding in Pitlane is still a reason to get disqualified, even when penalties are off completly. I'm not sure though. What exactly happened to you @CrisBCros?

Summary from my Race: I startet on P16 (Bad for me - but this track is very difficult and like i said - i was a bit Ill).
Race started good anyway. In short Time i was on P9 or 8. But then i spun on the last left hander. This corner was my nemesis. I spun 3 times there :( Also i missed Breakpoints often... I was not much on Focus this Race. When around 30 Minutes where left i was driving to the Pits for a Tire Change because Softs felt like Soap. So i changed to the hard compound.
Pit Stop worked like it should this time. (Note: I used exactly the same Pit Strategy like last Race at Imole where my Tires weren't changed.) Felt much better but didn't helped with my inconsistent driving style. Well, still 14th isn't bad for a Race that went so bad for me. I hope next Race will be Top 10 ;)

Congrats to my Teammate @steveg200 for winning! That's some important points for our Team! And also sorry to you that i messed this Race up... But more wasn't possible for me yesterday sadly.

One last thing: My Badge in Teamspeak is still orange ;)
@dominiczeth I am wondering where you have the information from, that I was on excessive speeding in Pitlane...? As I wrote, I spun in Pitentry - so before the speedlimit...

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@dominiczeth I am wondering where you have the information from, that I was on excessive speeding in Pitlane...? As I wrote, I spun in Pitentry - so before the speedlimit...

He didn't say you were speeding in the pit lane. He just mentioned that even when penalties are turned off speeding in the pitlane gets punished.

Do you have by any chance footage of the incident? Maybe u encountered a bug :(

Ashnoom

Community Member
Reaction score
Well, my race was completely fucked. I couldn't race, my game was acting up, 2nd sector my car felt like I had suspension damage all over te place, no grip, rattling steering wheel.

First sector was fine, except for the occasional slowdowns and speedups of the game which was bloody annoying. Then sometimes, coming out of the lefthander right after the very long righthander my car was driving sideways, as if I was drifting, no way to control the car, it was doing it on its own and I couldn't get any pace due to that.
Another moment, in the long right hander my car "hit a bump" and started a drift, tires smoking and then just straightened up. That bump wasn't there the 10 laps before. After the drift it felt like I blew a tire (which I didn't).

Alas, I did not enjoy this race. I don't mine being at the back of the pack. I don't mind driving around damage and failing to win due my own mistakes. But this, this was just ridiculous.

However, I didn't want to retire, I wanted to finish, just for that single point. The last 10 minutes I just went cruising. No full throttle, making sure everyone was able to pass me safely and score that single point. 'Cause a point is a point, right?

Afterwards I tried a few things. Went in to single player, no issue, time trial, no issue. AI cars? Issue, lowered ALL settings to lowest, still issues. If I have time this evening I'll check other tracks. First time experiencing this issue and it is a bitch.
I know my CPU isn't the newest (first gen i7 860) but so far it held up quite OK.

Linking @Jonno as I understood he too had a similar issue.

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well here is the saved stream from my point of view from the Fuji race.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well, my race was completely fucked. I couldn't race, my game was acting up, 2nd sector my car felt like I had suspension damage all over te place, no grip, rattling steering wheel.

First sector was fine, except for the occasional slowdowns and speedups of the game which was bloody annoying. Then sometimes, coming out of the lefthander right after the very long righthander my car was driving sideways, as if I was drifting, no way to control the car, it was doing it on its own and I couldn't get any pace due to that.
Another moment, in the long right hander my car "hit a bump" and started a drift, tires smoking and then just straightened up. That bump wasn't there the 10 laps before. After the drift it felt like I blew a tire (which I didn't).

Alas, I did not enjoy this race. I don't mine being at the back of the pack. I don't mind driving around damage and failing to win due my own mistakes. But this, this was just ridiculous.

However, I didn't want to retire, I wanted to finish, just for that single point. The last 10 minutes I just went cruising. No full throttle, making sure everyone was able to pass me safely and score that single point. 'Cause a point is a point, right?

Afterwards I tried a few things. Went in to single player, no issue, time trial, no issue. AI cars? Issue, lowered ALL settings to lowest, still issues. If I have time this evening I'll check other tracks. First time experiencing this issue and it is a bitch.
I know my CPU isn't the newest (first gen i7 860) but so far it held up quite OK.

Linking @Jonno as I understood he too had a similar issue.
Mine has turned out to be nothing more than a simple bios update mate after a windows10 update it was only recognising 2 of the 4 cores and after searching for hours and hours online this is more common than i thought.. id sugest checking your bios first it cant do any harm..

dominiczeth

Community Member
Reaction score

no I don't wanted to say you're speeding in Pitlane ;) I just only said that i think even with Penalties are off it still gets punished when you're too fast in Pitlane (like Today already said). Also it gets punished when you're driving in wrong direction in Pitlane, i just don't know if this is also still active when penalties are off. Maybe this was the Reason, because the Pitlane Trigger is much earlier, just without Speedlimit. Maybe the System thought you were driving in the Wrong direction in Pitlane? Would be nice to have Footage so that the Devs can add this eventually to the Bug List.

Bluerat

Community Member
Reaction score
Only a quick one from me, thought I was on for a podium again until I mugged it completely and span.

@CrisBCros I'm really sorry pal, outbreaked myself trying to avoid crashing into the back of @Eugene Flerko and couldn't stop in time. If you want to report the incident that's fine with me, there will be no hard feelings as I proper screwed the pooch there. After fixing the damage and the time lost recovering to the track I had a poor race anyway.

Again though I had some great racing, but need to find a way to stop spinning once per race, it's costing me big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread