Split 2 - R3: Laguna Seca - 6th August 2018 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
- 48laps of fuel for both races (just fuel on the mandatory stop)
- My rad is at 70% (could be set lower)
- Brakes 35f/25r
- pressures around 0.89bar for all 4 sides

Quite low tire pressure if ur asking me

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
- 48laps of fuel for both races (just fuel on the mandatory stop)
- My rad is at 70% (could be set lower)
- Brakes 35f/25r
- pressures around 0.89bar for all 4 sides
Thanks! I'll give it a try with my setup and work from there! :D

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It’s done me well for the practicing I’ve done, hitting the lap times mentioned in this thread consistently. Hopefully @fab. ICEMAN has some better pressures ;)

Oh and @The Breeze i mean 48l not laps!
I always try to hit the recommended (hot!) tire pressures for Formula Cars of 1.7 bar front and 1.35 bar rear :)

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
I always try to hit the recommended (hot!) tire pressures for Formula Cars of 1.7 bar front and 1.35 bar rear :)
Working on it.... ps Nighttiger says 1.45 for rear :D

Last edited:

Vince

Community Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it to this race either.
Good luck to all!

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
whos streaming tonight?

Mearcat

Community Member
Reaction score
Nice! so if you can do 1:10s but kill the tires, 1:11s should be good and consistent, slightly slower isnt a bad thing if it looks after the tires enough. fingers Xed it goes well!

I went well. :D

(well, well for R2 :happy:)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
i will double check with @Jonno
Yes i will stream james lol.. I did say if i get 50 subscriber's i will stream the rest of the races lol so Cmon yall youv got untill the next race to subscribe lol.. Btw if people who watch the replay fancy giving me some feed back id be greatful. Cheers. John.W

Mearcat

Community Member
Reaction score
Yes i will stream james lol.. I did say if i get 50 subscriber's i will stream the rest of the races lol so Cmon yall youv got untill the next race to subscribe lol.. Btw if people who watch the replay fancy giving me some feed back id be greatful. Cheers. John.W

Great fun to watch, sheds new light on how close everyone actually was.

More a tip than feed back, the time panel shows a triangular exclamation mark next to a driver who is within 1 second of the car in front. Will help you find the close battles taking place on the track. ;)

Hope you do stream the rest of them, you were most greatious to miss most of my pirouetting :smuggrin:

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Great fun to watch, sheds new light on how close everyone actually was.

More a tip than feed back, the time panel shows a triangular exclamation mark next to a driver who is within 1 second of the car in front. Will help you find the close battles taking place on the track. ;)

Hope you do stream the rest of them, you were most greatious to miss most of my pirouetting :smuggrin:
Cheers bud i didnt know that about the exclamation mark thanks..

Sonic

Community Member
Reaction score
This is my first victory!
I'll start with the background, yesterday I bought the rudder Thrustmaster TS-PC RACER because I was given a green steering wheel here, thank you for membership in the club!
Qualifying in second place, he was surprised by this position, as he made minor mistakes on every lap.
At the start already to the first corner came out on top and my potential opponent was @Nada who kept from me at a decent distance to the 14th round. On the 14th round my car began to behave inadequately and I had to throw off the tempo struggling with a wild beast that tried to get out of control. On the 15th lap of the climb, I stepped out and lost speed, and provoked @Nada to try to overtake in the most remarkable stretch of this track. I did not believe that he would go to the end and did not even start to defend himself, since my car was unstable and I did not want to take risks on the last laps and began to keep to the right track, but the contact with the rear wheels inevitably took place and @Nada went to the bumper and the torpedo 3 meters in the top for him to my regret the race was over. So unjustified risk spoiled me the joy of victory, but he did not know that I had problems with management and thought that this was his last opportunity to overtake. Thanks to the guys I overcame on the circle for a clean trajectory. Unfortunately, in the first place to go the whole race is boring, you can only let the rivals come to yourself and break away again.
The second race was missed due to problems with the game that showed up even more - the feedback to the wheel disappeared completely and after the qualification the game turned off. Maybe it's karma, but I've never finished in a long race.

Sonic

Community Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
"On top of the world, or in the depths of despair" sums up my evening quite nicely.
I didn't do much (read: any) practice prior to this one but still I was left a bit puzzled that I qualified only 16th or so in the first race. Expected P12 or better.
During the race I found out what was wrong. My throttle pedal only gave me 94% throttle unless I really stomped it and kept the pressure up, which was exhausting and irritating. But back to the start.
I was one of the main winners of the pileup at the race start, as I got out unscathed and found myself in P6 after turn 2, and then P5 after turn 3.
It kept getting better and better, resulting in P3 without having to overtake someone, even if I couldn't immerse myself in the race and got distracted pretty often, both because of said throttle problems.

After the race I quickly tried to solve my problem with the pedal, which was a major f*** up to be honest. Pcars refused to detect more than 94 % with the pedal pressed normally. Left the game to fire up the Fanatec property page, which chrashed. And now neither my wheel nor my pedals were recognised at all. -> Restart PC. Still nothing. Fanatec thingy wouldn't even start anymore. Then I swiftly re-installed the driver, which worked and got my wheel back online. But it came at a price, as I should see in race 2.

I happily joined the server and it was off to the Q2 session. Wheel felt a bit iffy, but nothing I couldn't cope with.

Or so I thought, at least...

In the race, FFB was super awkward, all my FFB settings and stuff were gone to waste, my brake pedal input, which I usually had set to full force were now at "gently stroke the pedal to lock up the brakes". The result? Smacked my car in Turn 3, went to the pits. Came out, drove some laps, even climbed to P12 or P11, then smashed it again. Back to the pits. Rinse and repeat. And again. After I lost my front wing for the fourth!!! time, I've had enough and retired to the pits. At that point I was comfortably sitting in the last place with 4 laps down to the lead and if I would have continued, I probably only would have crashed again.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Lack of practice is not adviseable in these cars, they are twitchy cars and a setup is definately needed to be competitive. Turning up on the night to race with no practice is risky and can cause accidents

Not being able to race yesterday, I watched @Jonno stream, I was sad to see the public lobby style first lap of race 1. Race 2 was much better, still room for improvement but overall much cleaner race(and what we have seen in the previous 2 rounds).

Let’s not have a repeat of season 4 and continue with the good driving we had in Nurburgring and Brno

Last edited:

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Lack of practice is not adviseable in these cars, they are twitchy cars and a setup is definately needed to be competitive. Turning up on the night to race with no practice is risky and can cause accidents

In race 1, I didn't found them twitchy. And I'm if my wheel hadn't acted so weird, race 2 would've been better too. Practice is advised, but at the current temperatures, I only get behind the wheel when I absolutely have to. The other option would be to skip all the races because it is too hot to practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread