Split 2 - R3: Zolder - 5th Jun 2017 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Car: Caterham SP/300.R
Track: Zolder
League Agreement: Mandatory Pitstop

Date: Monday, 5th June May 2017
17:30 UTC - Optional Practice
18:30 UTC - Driver Briefing
18:45 UTC - Qualifying
19:00 UTC - Race

Qualifying: 15 minutes
Laps: 1+31
Ingame Date: 5th June 2017
Ingame Time: 17:00
Time Progression: 1x
Weather Conditions: Light Rain > Rain > Rain + Fog
Weather Progression: Sync to Race

Driving Aids: Real
Tire Wear Multiplier: Real
Fuel Usage Multiplier: Real

Starting Procedure: Rolling Start, the lead car will lead the field through the formation lap. The speed limit for the lead car will be 50mph / 80kph. We are going to form up in a 2×2 formation at the red marker maintaining our 50mph / 80kph speed. Odd numbers will be on the left side and even numbers on the right side.

Please Notice

Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the Driving Standards of RevolutionSimRacing. As a driver in our league, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the admins and leave a post in this thread before the race takes place in order to give reserve driver a chance to drive.

Confirmed No-Shows
@RPJ
@Alex du Plessis
@Psychotronic

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Results

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm looking for a cure for the sudden case of Parkinson in my throttle pedal and apparently my brake pedal has Alzheimers between 30-80% input.
I might not make it if the problems aren't solved (although I've driven with those issues the past weeks without me noticing.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Rain! :confused:

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm in trouble. The wet and I do not seem to get along.

Freak Superman

Community Member
Reaction score
I love wet races! This race going be interest on Monday. These condition will show the best from the okay drivers.

Pete Morrish

Community Member
Reaction score
Just tried a Quick Race Weekend to get used to track / car / conditions.

My conclusion is that this is going to be a nightmare.

Reactions: Tom

Pete Morrish

Community Member
Reaction score
[one tweaked setup later]

...okay, so that first session might have been mainly due to me running the same setup I had at Monza. Found a more Zolder-specific one, and it was wa-a-ay easier.

RPJ

Community Member
Reaction score
i won't be able to attend due to a family dinner party

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Going to put up a practice session now for the next hour or two if anyone interested in running some laps

Pete Morrish

Community Member
Reaction score
Just done a full solo session under race conditions. Managed to get by on just the five pit stops.

This combo eats tyres.

Best I could get early on in the session was ~1:34. No boost.

Has anyone found pressures that don't just result in vapourised rubber after about five laps?

(first stint, which felt the best I think, was 1.75 front and 1.65 rear)

I've tweaked brake balance (pushed it back) and lowered brake pressure for my next practice. Fingers crossed will be kinder on the front tyres.

Last edited:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Pete - The key to not losing your front tyres is to try and avoid locking-up, so brake earlier and with less force. I managed to run 20 laps earlier before my front left was devoid of green, with laps in the 1m32-1m33 range. For the rears, go a little easier on the throttle and you'll keep the heat down. It's managing the rear temperatures that's the bigger struggle on this circuit.

Most effective thing you can do is run full wing for this race. Before you panic, that's good for 1m29 laps in the light-rain conditions at the start, with no boost.

It really is going to be an interesting race though. This is probably the only race on the calendar whereby quali performance doesn't really matter a whole deal. Managing the tyres is absolutely the key to winning this one.

Pete Morrish

Community Member
Reaction score
Thanks Cluck, very handy.

Have to say - no problems with rear tyre temps at all. All about the fronts for me.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thanks Cluck, very handy.

Have to say - no problems with rear tyre temps at all. All about the fronts for me.
Drive faster, you'll soon have problems with the rear temps :D

In seriousness, 1m32 - 1m34 is perfect pace for keeping the rears at a nice steady temperature. Manage your braking a bit better and you'll get yourself down to a single stop in no time :)

Alex du Plessis

Community Member
Reaction score
I am going to be a no show for tonight's race as I have an evening out with the family. Apologies before hand hope everyone attending has a good race.

Nevil

Community Member
Reaction score
I hope I can make it to the briefing in time as we also have family visiting today. I don't expect them to stay late, but it will be tight.

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Got some time to do 10 laps around Zolder in the rain and I'm not even that worried. I got fairly confident in the rain with 33's in the Rain / Rain + Fog without boost. As long as I don't start roleplaying as a fidget spinner.

Reducing brake pressure, going full wing and going easy on the throttle actually performs miracles. Now let's hope my pedals are 100% cured for the race tonight.

Psychotronic

Community Member
Reaction score
For those who might have not seen my other post. Sadly my cooler broke on my pc and it takes long until the replacment unit arives so I wont be able to race for one more week maybe two weeks. :(

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
3 years and I still get hit by the pit bug (refuses to change tires), just when I needed it the most with a superb race ahead of me in the wet on my "home" track. Bummer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread